Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In-game physics testers wanted for an actual game (apply within!)

Hey guys and girls.

Well for those of you that have seen the physics thread http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=482 that I set up, this is about that but actually trying these in-game.

At the moment it's all speculation about too fast/too slow, the only way to get proper feedback is to actually try them in a match.

I tried them offline and I could not get the crazy speeds FrutieX got on lavagiant when I tried them on other maps, normally I was around 700-800, not anywhere near like 1000+ only way to do that is to circle maps effectively.

So what this thread is about is, I want people who have tested them and would be willing to participate in a 5v5 CTF game with the current xonotic weapons, just so we can get an idea of how quick they will be in an actual proper game, there's no point speculating we need to test! (Ok so it may be a little skewed since we will be using weapon settings that are kind of borked!).

So basically what we will do is play on atleast two different CTF maps, one's more suitable to actual decent gameplay, and we will try with the physics and no laser, and the physics and the laser also and then see how different the gameplay is.

Would be good also if we can use comms, as I would like to try this as an actual team-based test.

Would be good if we can get Americans and Europeans to play seperately obviously, a date and time will be announced in the future once I have enough interest in this thread.

Basically if your serious about wanting changes and giving input then you should apply

If your willing to participate, can you please say and I will add your name to the list below.

1)kojn(Europe)
2)vBraun(US/NA)
3)XV22 (Egypt, but will play on European server)
4)thyr4ne(Europe)
5)Roanoke (US/NA)
6)FrutieX (Europe)
7)nifrek (US/NA)
8)agamalama(US/NA)
9) clanclanclan (AUS)
10) rabs (AUS)
11) Samual (US/NA)
12)MintOX (US)
13)ArgeadGER(Europe)
14)tZork (Europe)
15)vede
16)Sless (Europe)
17)Lee_Stricklin (Europe)
18)
19)
20)
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I'm so game.

Will be on vacation from May 30th to June 5th.

add me to the list pls <:
#doomsquirrels

Add me to the list (NA), but please note that my schedule is... unpredictable.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

add me too, but note that I'll only be able to play on friday and weekends during the next 2 weeks. After that I can play just about whenever Smile
Edit: As it's a ctf match, I'd like to see the push force of all weapons basically halved first :p That's another thing we could tweak there, the XPM balance.
I doubt there's much hope to do changes to the default balance, given the feedback we have already gotten from the community about that.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Add me.

add me too

If anyone in Aus is up for a match with these physics, I'll do it Big Grin
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(05-24-2010, 01:39 AM)clanclanclan Wrote: If anyone in Aus is up for a match with these physics, I'll do it Big Grin
when we have our new servers (not long now!) we will be able to do these sort of things. Right now it'll have to be local or using a foreign server Sad.

Also I'll play in a game on euro/NA if i'm around (and you want).
[Image: forum.png]

Sure i'll do it, NA though

Count me in please.

MintOX

So maybe someone who has admin access can tweak weapon settings during the game in response to player feedback?
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

(05-24-2010, 08:23 PM)Roanoke Wrote: So maybe someone who has admin access can tweak weapon settings during the game in response to player feedback?
Speaking of which, I volunteer my server for use if wanted. Just send me the configs and i'll add them.

I´d also like to participate.

Argead(Europe)

(05-24-2010, 08:23 PM)Roanoke Wrote: So maybe someone who has admin access can tweak weapon settings during the game in response to player feedback?

Sounds like a good idea, would probably be better not to do it actually during a game constantly..maybe do 10 or 15 minute matches, and then ask what people think, then tweak settings in response to played feedback, obviously there is going to be a lot of feedback but it needs to be more along the lines of "Weapon A splash radius is way too small, damage seems to take forever" etc rather than "this weapon sucks".

Basically the goal should be to let quite a few players from the community who do give input to actually trial such idea's and try to shape things, it also gives a chance to get feedback from this sample size on these various things.

I'm still waiting for more people to say there interest, once I have around 15 for each of the two main communities (Europe and US) I can start to plan some dates, it'll probably be best if I let an american handle the US timings though as I'm not well versed with your timezone's (anyone want to volunteer?). As for aussies, they can do the same, If they can't get players for a 5v5, suggest they go for a 3v3 instead.

Because this will require quite a bit of testing, it's better to do it over two lot's of date's so people don't have to spend a lot of time all in one-go and might not be able to make a session, so say 60-90min sessions and do this over two sessions.

10 minute games would be good. More than that is too long, and it's definitely enough to try out all the guns.

im in, if i can find the time when its going down.

I would definitely be willing to help out with weapon and physics feedback, and I'm available for most of the day on most days.

(05-25-2010, 08:52 PM)tZork Wrote: im in, if i can find the time when its going down.

sexual intercourse?

i'm in too Heart
Wink Tongue
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Depending on the time I may or may not be available for one of these games. I don't much care where it's hosted since I'm crazy enough to jump in and out of Australian (woohoo! 300 ping!) games on occasion. I'm on a nocturnal schedule and should be available 12am-8am Central on Monday-Friday and 4am-8am Central on Saturday and Sunday. As for weapon balance, there is no way this would be balanced for the physics set out of the box, but my set already gets rid of the redundancy and makes each weapon feel like their respective selves again. You may want to tweak off of it. I'm on US turf, but if it's possible could I get in on a EU match? I think it would be a good opportunity to test how well the movement prediction works.

http://dev.xonotic.org/attachments/71/balanceLeeS.cfg
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Yep no problem, basically we will use a european server for us Euro's like in Germany or something and the Americans will use a american server, I'll take a look at your balance tonight and see If I can pinch some stuff for some of the weapons I'm less keen on what I could do with them Wink

Will update list when I get back in.

Also, this will take some time to arrange, probably will put a date/s in the mix in 2 week's time, I need to talk to American and AUSSIE representatives who can host a server and ask them when the best kind of gaming time would be for them.

For Europeans i'll set the time for somewhere between 7-9pm UK time.

I won't rush this as we all need to do it at the same time, with the same settings etc, so I can get everything up that people can get and to give everyone a chance to get the config's before hand and have a go with them, there's also other stuff that needs to be prepared like server setup etc etc, so please be patient Smile

btw, I don't live in Europe but I play on European servers

Depending on how long they last (11 PM UK time I'll have to go to work), I can probably shoot for the European matches. I'll just have to get up a little earlier. If they're started around 7pm UK time then I should be able to get in about 3 and a half hours. I guess I'll sign up for the European match.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

So will this be just physics or weapons as well? We should do both in one go.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] [Commission] To update Jeff's Modpack - QuakeC programmer wanted breakfast 4 4,804 07-08-2020, 12:45 PM
Last Post: breakfast
  Competitive Xonotic promode (XPM2) physics Smilecythe 21 15,841 03-27-2020, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Cynical
  Translators wanted! divVerent 134 147,899 06-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Samual
  [SOLVED] How does the decompression of files within pk3s work? joshbeck 3 5,202 09-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Last Post: joshbeck
  Fast physics Rage_ATWM 66 67,521 03-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
Star Experimental Physics and Balance rainerzufalldererste 24 22,043 11-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste
  Changes to weapon settings wanted? FruitieX 51 60,045 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Flying Steel
  *NEW* EASY-TO-USE physics set from experimentation by frutiex and kojn (please read) kojn^ 39 39,009 05-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Last Post: kojn^