Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] need more sunny maps like Solarium

I like Solarium. It's a sunny place, with a lot of reflection effects and water.

But unfortunately this is the only default map that has these features. Do we have any other custom map like this?

(05-09-2014, 03:07 PM)zwz Wrote: I like Solarium. It's a sunny place, with a lot of reflection effects and water.

But unfortunately this is the only default map that has these features. Do we have any other custom map like this?

Treasure Island 2 Tongue Sunny beaches and margaritas.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Does Treasure Island V2 have bot waypoints?

I have no ide guys what are you talking about. Most Xonotic maps are bright and sunny, open and spacious and most of them have beautiful wood panes and mossy stone walls in egyptian style with hieroglyphs, sand and stuff like that.
[Image: bright_maps3.jpg]
[Image: bright_maps2.jpg]
right?

You forgot to pay electricity bills that's why it's dark.

... why do I only recognize ONE map from those screenshots?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(05-14-2014, 03:38 PM)Halogene Wrote: ... why do I only recognize ONE map from those screenshots?

Afterslime, SpiderCTF, unreleased Justin map

(05-14-2014, 03:09 PM)zwz Wrote: Does Treasure Island V2 have bot waypoints?

You can create the way points using Xonotic. I think someone did a write up on it here not too long ago. Then just add the waypoints file to the Treasure Island pk3. You'll need to rename the treasure island filed to something like treasure_island_v2r3 so it wont conflict with existing TI downloads. If I have time this week I can do that for you.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(05-14-2014, 10:44 PM)end user Wrote:
(05-14-2014, 03:09 PM)zwz Wrote: Does Treasure Island V2 have bot waypoints?

You can create the way points using Xonotic. I think someone did a write up on it here not too long ago. Then just add the waypoints file to the Treasure Island pk3. You'll need to rename the treasure island filed to something like treasure_island_v2r3 so it wont conflict with existing TI downloads. If I have time this week I can do that for you.

It would be greatly appreciated of you can make it bot routed.

A Miami beach style map woud be amazing. Do you still remember how stunning GTA-vice city was back in 2003?

(05-16-2014, 01:19 AM)zwz Wrote: A Miami beach style map woud be amazing. Do you still remember how stunning GTA-vice city was back in 2003?

UT4 Superman is a city daylight map. Also cleft village maps have beaches.

For custom maps I'd recommend tinyhuge island and bobomb battlefield (though the latter is at sunset, rather than noon)

I'm not sure of the name of this, but I think it's greatwall reloaded that serves as a sunny map with vehicles

Treasure Island is sunny, Solarium is nice and bright. There are several of them but yes for the most part we have to deal with sewer maps from Quake days,

I actually enjoy Urban DM server's maps very much. All of them have "UT-" prefix but I'm not sure whether that stands for Unreal Tornament or Urban Terror (I have not played either). They have many city street maps and it's mostly bright and beautiful.

The UT is Urban Terror, its maps are almost directly compatible with Xonotic (I believe it was Quake 3 based or something).
[Image: 230.png]

Mario, you surely can dig out relevant old posts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is adding a Quake-like laser to the main game a good idea? cushinga 2 1,049 03-28-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  [SUGGESTION] [QoL] Disable hearing your own SFXs so you can focus more on what matters lerh050 0 619 09-06-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: lerh050
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Nexiuz-like tutorial for beginners agvant1b0 1 2,398 05-19-2022, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  [SUGGESTION] Power-ups like in Quake/Nexuiz Classic DrAndi 2 2,649 02-06-2022, 01:35 AM
Last Post: z411
  [SUGGESTION] Making Vanilla more enjoyable for Newbies Halogene 66 36,439 01-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Maps that promote Tribes-like gameplay Lee_Stricklin 3 3,297 08-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Last Post: hox3d
  [SUGGESTION] Use more music tracks in new maps Lee_Stricklin 2 3,411 02-17-2017, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,125 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Rainbow [SUGGESTION] More noob-friendly Xonotic: improvements that don't sacrifice gameplay lamefun 24 26,537 07-31-2015, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Drauts
Sad [SUGGESTION] There should be more improvement (should be added yet) Eonman 5 4,865 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Ogger73