Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to eliminate jetpack recharge delay

Hi,
I like the jetpack mutator. There are 2 things I want to know:
1) It only recharges to 50%, not 100%. Is there a command to change it?

2) Whenever I stop using it, it doesn not start to recharge immediately. There is a delay. I have to wait for about 1 second. Is there a command to change it?

I don't know the cvars, but you can easily discover cvars by going into the advanced config menu and typing in *jetpack* (with the asterisks included). You can also use the console (client or server) for this:
Code:
apropos jetpack

I found it.

The delay command is

g_balance_pause_fuel_regen 2

2 for 2 seconds. Change is to 0 to eliminate delay.

Ah right, the fuel is independent from the jet pack so the cvars are not linked. Glad you found it Smile

Another thing: even I set delay to 0, the fuel won't regenerate if I get hurt. Any idea on that?

Ah, that's funny. The health and fuel pause timers are shared. Because health regen is interrupted when you're hurt, fuel is also. It also works the other way around: if you use fuel, health regen is interrupted.

This is controlled by g_balance_pause_health_regen and g_balance_pause_fuel_regen. Both determine the pause time in seconds, the first when hurt and the second when fuel is used. Strange design decision there.

g_balance_pause_fuel_rot is "5" ["5"] custom cvar
g_balance_pause_fuel_rot_spawn is "10" ["10"] custom cvar

Can anybody explain these 2 lines of codes?

Name of cvar, followed by its value, followed by the default value in [square brackets], followed by a description of the cvar. Non-engine cvars that lack a description display "custom cvar".

As for what it means in terms of gameplay:
  • If you have more fuel than defined in variable g_balance_fuel_rotstable, your fuel will tend to "rot" (decrease steadily) until it reaches that value.
  • When you pick up fuel, you get five seconds of pause before it starts rotting.
  • When you spawn, you get ten seconds of pause before it starts rotting (it is possible to set up variables such that you spawn with more fuel than g_balance_fuel_rotstable).

Note that these pause seconds do not add up. If I have 2 seconds of pause left and I pick up fuel, I do not get 7 seconds, but rather 5. If I have 8 seconds of pause left and I pick up fuel, I do not get 13 seconds, I stay at 8.

(07-08-2014, 11:31 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Name of cvar, followed by its value, followed by the default value in [square brackets], followed by a description of the cvar. Non-engine cvars that lack a description display "custom cvar".

As for what it means in terms of gameplay:
  • If you have more fuel than defined in variable g_balance_fuel_rotstable, your fuel will tend to "rot" (decrease steadily) until it reaches that value.
  • When you pick up fuel, you get five seconds of pause before it starts rotting.
  • When you spawn, you get ten seconds of pause before it starts rotting (it is possible to set up variables such that you spawn with more fuel than g_balance_fuel_rotstable).

Note that these pause seconds do not add up. If I have 2 seconds of pause left and I pick up fuel, I do not get 7 seconds, but rather 5. If I have 8 seconds of pause left and I pick up fuel, I do not get 13 seconds, I stay at 8.

That you for the explanation. That clears it all.