[Image: SBr7.png]
[Image: SBr6.png]
[Image: SBr5.png]
[Image: SBr4.png]
[Image: SBr3.png]
[Image: SBr2.png]
[Image: SBr1.png]

NEW:
- Replaced the anti camp roof with no roof (a hole)
- Used new higher res lightning beams for base colors
- Added right and left doors for better movement for bots and beginners.
- Added some eye candy

Tell me what also needs to be changed.

DOWNLOAD:
CLICK ME! (right click, save as)

Please test it out on servers Big Grin

That is looking cool Kay, keep it up Smile
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Wow, looking good Smile Nice 'fences' out there for hiding Smile Downloading Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Nice!
Keep up working on action maps like these Big Grin

i hope these textures are committed Smile
Can't download for whatever reason? But I need those textures Smile
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

good news then, these are all selfmade. the stone texture I made from a tutorial, but don't know what site that was, but it's self made.

(05-30-2010, 02:33 AM)Cuinnton Wrote: Can't download for whatever reason?

you get strange text?

you might do right klick, save as.

I have to say, the layout and the architecture is very nice, but the map is very linear, and all in all a camper/sniper's wet dream.
I've managed to capture in 6.5s, and I'm pretty sure it can be done in even less, because my movement is not always the best.
What however would discourage this bevahiour, killing lasers that swipe the arenas, that can be destroyed or disabled, or simply dodged etc.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(05-30-2010, 04:46 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: I have to say, the layout and the architecture is very nice, but the map is very linear, and all in all a camper/sniper's wet dream.
I've managed to capture in 6.5s, and I'm pretty sure it can be done in even less, because my movement is not always the best.
What however would discourage this bevahiour, killing lasers that swipe the arenas, that can be destroyed or disabled, or simply dodged etc.

could you help me with that, how to make lasers etc.

Not now, but I'll surely help.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

don't use red and blue lights in maps, because they colourize player models, and blue player looks red near red light

Feel like the map is missing a 'middle' part to be honest, other then that looks great.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Hehe, nice texture recycling from Imogen Tongue
I'll check it out and leave criticism later.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

PLEASE SEE FIRST POST!

Good work kay! The new longer version seems very good now.
I can't play it now, shall review later on.

Ok, now i need to make details.

Good work Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

PLEASE SEE FIRST POST! ^^^^^^^

Can someone put it on a good CTF server for beta testing?

Oooooooooooooooooh nice details! Love the higher res trims you made Smile
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

This map is superbly well made. The only fathomable improvement is the ability to fall off the side.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Looks awesome! Nice work Smile

MintOX

Viewing this map objectively, the first immediate attributes that I find keeping it below the professional average are:

1) It's in in a box. It's a rectangle based map. Making it a simple S or a + shape would make it immediately more interesting but you may want to even consider varying heights on the general landscape.

2) The environment. The skybox is generic space scene with a rectangle map floating in the air. The boxes are placed in a grid. The floor is a weird metal grating. How did I get here? Why am I here? What is this place?

That said. You have a solid start. I can see how this could make for a fun general CTF map for the majority. However, I also see you have the mind to integrate more dimensions into your map. This is the right idea, you're giving the map character. Now I'd like to see you create more situations and bridge a wider audience with clever item placement and architecture to increase possibilities.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing / playing your future work!

The map looks pretty. I like the level of detail, and the general feel. Nice work! Some comments:

When standing in the bunkers on either side of the base, a hitscan weapon (with shot origin at the gun) can't hit most of an opponent's player model. This obviously makes camping here harder (an effective camper must either have very accurate hitscan aim, or be crouched on the windowsill) which IMO is a Good Thing, but then, the whole purpose of these bunkers seems to be as a place for campers, so I can't really tell whether or not the highness of the bunkers' windows is intentional or not.
[Image: bmm1f3frn2j70wozot8v_thumb.png] (in case it's not obvious, the crosshair here is dimmed, indicating that a shot fired would hit the wall, not the opponent)

You can also see in the screnshot above that the texture for the coloured stripe running along the wall seems to be missing.

The placement of health shards and ammo cells in the open areas seems to me a bit random. It might be worth rethinking this.

I agree with -z- that the map does feel very rectangular. Many popular pub ctf maps have this feature/shortcoming, so if that's where you want your map to be played, I guess it won't matter much. If, however, you want your map to be played at a higher level (clan or pickup games) then I would suggest making its layout more interesting, so it no longer feels so much like the game is taking place inside a box. Most importantly, I reckon a good ctf map for competitive play needs to have at least two separate paths between bases, so that flag carriers can vary their approach and retreat and require defenders to move around a bit. At the moment, this map looks to me as though it would be very easy to defend, because of the simple layout, so with skilled players, the gameplay wouldn't be much fun.

Should this map work on a 2.5.2 server? I tried it locally using 2.5.2 and the skybox looked wrong and some textures were missing, but I don't know if that's just my own fault. If it should work with 2.5.2, I will bring it to the attention of Australian server admins and see if we can get it on some of our servers here, for playtesting. Otherwise we'll have to wait a while to play it Down Under, though we should have a Xonotic server running "soon".
[Image: 769.png]

Thank you for the replies,

I want that this map will be played by any skilltype, so I will make it something like this: ?
[Image: concept.png]

Or does some of you have a better idea, tell me

(06-02-2010, 03:09 AM)kay Wrote: I want that this map will be played by any skilltype, so I will make it something like this: ?

Gee, kay, you really do read minds! This is very much close to what I had in mind.
Just some thoughts:

About the new tunnels you've drawn: are they meant to be really tunnels? The only way to exit them is to pass inside the central building? That'd be awesome.

Considering the sniping problem, if you remade bunkers to be sniper-effective a way to provide a more interesting game is to make the tunnels end behind them, or directly behind the bases.

Very good joob so far! I'm looking forward for other versions.

Yes, that layout is MUCH better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Opium update SpiKe 1 329 12-29-2023, 08:38 PM
Last Post: anoob
  [DUEL] Mid space 'em Kotangens 0 404 08-22-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  Mapping assets: 30 space skyboxes Ingar 13 21,782 03-16-2023, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Ingar
  Evilspace 2 [UPDATE] Cortez666 30 31,626 02-11-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: cushinga
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,657 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [MAP] Space Garbage drummyfish 6 3,542 07-16-2020, 04:50 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,149 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  [TDM] Space Men! Mario 3 3,841 10-29-2016, 05:30 AM
Last Post: thearcoN
  [CTF/TDM] New map ruinctf (insta/vanilla) kwakkiezalf 2 3,144 07-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Last Post: kwakkiezalf
  Imogen BETA3 UPDATE! kay 43 38,420 05-10-2015, 02:33 AM
Last Post: fabzor3