Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Can't find Xonotic for Linux armhf

I own a Jetson TK1 single board computer powered by Tegra K1 which is an ARMv7 cpu. I couldn't find Xonotic download that works with arm. I tried official download but its obviously for x86 only.

Can anyone tell me how do I get Xonotic working on my Ubuntu ARM device?
Where to download from?

Thanks

(07-25-2014, 01:15 PM)MiFx Wrote: I own a Jetson TK1 single board computer powered by Tegra K1 which is an ARMv7 cpu. I couldn't find Xonotic download that works with arm. I tried official download but its obviously for x86 only.

Where to download from?

Thanks

There's an Android thread here http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=4392
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(07-25-2014, 01:38 PM)end user Wrote:
(07-25-2014, 01:15 PM)MiFx Wrote: I own a Jetson TK1 single board computer powered by Tegra K1 which is an ARMv7 cpu. I couldn't find Xonotic download that works with arm. I tried official download but its obviously for x86 only.

Where to download from?

Thanks

There's an Android thread here http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=4392

Thanks. Any thoughts how do I replace Nexuiz data with Xonotic data to launch Xonotic through Nexuiz launcher?

-z- in that thread has some pointers on how to run Xonotic on that engine. But apparently, from checking the sources, the engine is based on a recent enough version of Darkplaces that it supports Xonotic, so using -xonotic in place of -nexuiz should work.

EDIT: I think this thing is targeted toward android. I don't really know what it would take to compile darkplaces on ARM. Is it not supported already? Have you tried compiling Darkplaces from sources?

EDIT: You could try to get pointers from these builds of Nexuiz (which uses basically the same engine) for ubuntu armhf: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/armhf/nexuiz

EDIT: Huh. There is a package for ubuntu. Did you not find that? https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/arm...svn11619-2

(07-27-2014, 02:19 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: -z- in that thread has some pointers on how to run Xonotic on that engine. But apparently, from checking the sources, the engine is based on a recent enough version of Darkplaces that it supports Xonotic, so using -xonotic in place of -nexuiz should work.

EDIT: I think this thing is targeted toward android. I don't really know what it would take to compile darkplaces on ARM. Is it not supported already? Have you tried compiling Darkplaces from sources?

Thanks for reply. I got Xonotic working through Nexuiz launcher by replacing Nexuiz data with Xonotic data. Enjoying this great game on (almost) max settingson my ARM device.

btw Darkplaces is already compatible and can be installed through software center

Ah, good to hear. We figured this out at the same time it seems Wink

(07-27-2014, 02:38 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Ah, good to hear. We figured this out at the same time it seems Wink

Yea. Great game on a great chip Smile

I actually got Xonotic working on the Jetson TK1 a few days ago. I just imaged the board with the latest image from Nvidia (21 iirc), checked out the project from git.xonotic.org, then built it. Any build errors were just missing libraries, which I was able to install. The only thing that didn't work was joystick support, because the joystick library does not appear to have been ported to armhf.
I am Xonotic, and so can you!
Pwnage, a close relative of sausage.
Look how terrible I am:
[Image: 20796.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Can't hear the announcer voice anymore gianmarco 4 512 01-16-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: gianmarco
  [INVALID] Resolution can't be changed Majki 17 13,119 08-14-2022, 02:41 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [NEEDS INFO] Xonotic settings file on linux ArchBerrie 2 4,988 07-15-2021, 03:18 AM
Last Post: ArchBerrie
  [NEED HELP] Can't set 2k resolution noteven 4 2,912 05-07-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: noteven
  USB Mouse input on Linux dagelf 1 2,269 10-07-2020, 06:14 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] Can't join anymore fenjrill 5 3,077 07-17-2020, 07:04 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Sudden loss of sound in Xonotic, can not get it to return. SeveredinTwain 5 3,932 03-26-2020, 05:55 AM
  [SOLVED] how can i get defrag entities in netradiant? bananovenc 5 3,568 01-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Last Post: SpiKe
Question [NEED HELP] can't build netradiant (SOLVED) bananovenc 7 4,418 12-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: illwieckz
  [NEEDS INFO] Corsair Strafe input lag in Linux Mint? FAF 1 1,622 08-18-2019, 03:14 AM