Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mainsite Overhaul - Xonotic.org Just Got Useful

Many of you have noticed that the main site has been stagnant recently. This has probably left many of you thinking the project is dead if you haven't been lurking around IRC (#xonotic on irc.quakenet.org / irc.freenode.net), dev.xonotic.org, git.xonotic.org or forums.xonotic.org. It's far from it and we're aiming to get that sort of news out to the public in a more streamlined fashion.

In addition, we're looking to improve how we collect contributions, sort through information and make sure we're conveying status back to the public. We wish for this system to be as self-sustaining as possible and this attribute has long kept me from making this announcement. We've been doing a lot of planning and organization structure behind the scenes (more on that soon) and it is my hope that we can bridge these web applications with a global user system for simplicity. A lot goes into that however and it's not possible for us to do this yet. I have set aside some original plans for the way the applications are stitched together and refreshed/refined the vision of how this main-site should behave. This plan still allows for the future possibility of a global login but first and foremost, allows us to USE the darn thing Smile.

I know you may have been hoping for more information about the status of the project but that will be coming in another update. For now, click around, get acquainted with all the goodies.

I like it, it's much more useful now. Will there be integration with pics.nn or its successor?
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

I was hoping to leverage that from a wordpress plugin but it may end up being a forum based service.

Just a heads up, trying to view large versions of the screenshots and concept art on the front page results in a Not Found errors at URL's like this one: http://www.xonotic.org/nggallery/page-89/image/151.

okay, thanks. I probably have to resync the permalinks.

Excellent update, good work -z-!
This is my laser, this is my gun,
This is for plinking, this is for FUN!

BrFJ: wtf with the jumpad
BrFJ: rofl
vael: oh, you'll wtf with the... a few more times don't worry

[Image: badge.png]

Nice work -z-!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Thx -z-, good work!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Excellent job -z-, thank you

one thing on the comments, if you post one it's showed on all images, I replied to one image.

I just noticed that if you click on the images of the screenshot gallery you get a "page not found" error.

In case nobody else has noticed.

Edit: doh! OK OK I am late. Sry four posting what has been posted here already a few posts ago :roll:
My Xonstats Profile

Cool, thx!
My Xonstats Profile

Thanks for the new mainsite. It's awesome :-)

Quote:one thing on the comments, if you post one it's showed on all images, I replied to one image.

^ This.

I've already removed comments from subpages. Only blogs will accept comments now. I'll setup another place to discuss these sort of things in the future.

I see the mainsite theme has trickled over to the forums. Cool!
This is my laser, this is my gun,
This is for plinking, this is for FUN!

BrFJ: wtf with the jumpad
BrFJ: rofl
vael: oh, you'll wtf with the... a few more times don't worry

[Image: badge.png]

Yes, you'll see more and more of this blending as I find time to refine these applications to make them more custom to our needs.

Forums have long needed a makeover, thank you.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

year.. nice work!

but here comes the nitpicking:
in the sub menu on the "edit post" button, the text has a dropshadow, and this really doesnt look very nice. gives me a headache.

well, those shouldn't have a white background. I've fixed that. Thanks for the heads up.

found another tiny thing: the new favicon isnt used for forums.xonotic.org or img.xonotic.org
or redmine(but thats can be disregarded anyways)

yeah, I was waiting for the finalization of the logo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic.org gets a facelift! Antibody 14 13,763 02-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Irritant
  Re-implemented theme for Xonotic.org Antibody 10 11,836 04-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Antibody