Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Suggestions and Question

Rainbow 
These are some suggestions for 0.8.0.
I don't know how i can write it somewhere else so tell me if i can somehowWink

That old board that shows your accuracy.It was in 0.6 but now it's gone.

(Not that important)New animations.The recent ones just look ridicuolus.

Even if it got lil bit weaker in 0.7 it is still unfair to get raped with the Crylink primary,because it deals high damage,has a fast fire rate,uses not much ammo and it is really easy to hit with it.

Make something like a tutorial where the gameplay mechanicss get explained,because i am quite sure that not everybody is reading the text of the singleplayer or even playing the singleplayer.

Thats it!Thanks for reading it.Big Grin
[Image: 22172.png]

scoreboard_accuracy 1

If I could I would change crylink so that the primary projectiles wouldn't have splash damage and they wouldn't all explode at the same time, it would emphasize and reward the spread usage a bit more for long distance targets. It would actually be quite interesting weapon with these changes, at the moment it just seems to hit no matter what.

I think Crylink primary just needs to deal less damage, so it becomes more of a tool to hinder a player from escaping.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(09-23-2014, 02:17 PM)deoxys Wrote: scoreboard_accuracy 1
Oh thanks.

(09-23-2014, 03:57 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: If I could I would change crylink so that the primary projectiles wouldn't have splash damage and they wouldn't all explode at the same time, it would emphasize and reward the spread usage a bit more for long distance targets. It would actually be quite interesting weapon with these changes, at the moment it just seems to hit no matter what.
Yes,it should deal less damage and should not be that easy to use.
But how it is at the time it is just the noob weapon.And normally when you have 100 health and someone with crylink comes from behind you usually die and have no chance.It should be like the RL or Nex.These are powerfull weapons,but hard to master.

(09-23-2014, 11:59 PM)Halogene Wrote: I think Crylink primary just needs to deal less damage, so it becomes more of a tool to hinder a player from escaping.
And it shouldn't be as easy to use,since you don't even need a pile of aim to use it.

Make the MG overheat instead of reload. Advantages:
- Coherency. So far MG is the only weapon with a reload function (yes Sniper too, but that weapon is not used in vanilla)
- No more random reloads by accidentally pressing the MG button twice
- Reload is kind of buggy anyway. If you switch to a different weapon during the process of reloading and then switch back to the MG, the reloading will start again. You cannot stop it afaik.

I know that the LG will do just that, but as we will probably not get a proper LG any time soon, maybe someone can port that feature to the MG.

(09-23-2014, 03:57 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: If I could I would change crylink so that the primary projectiles wouldn't have splash damage and they wouldn't all explode at the same time, it would emphasize and reward the spread usage a bit more for long distance targets. It would actually be quite interesting weapon with these changes, at the moment it just seems to hit no matter what.

You mean like the UT flak cannon?

(09-25-2014, 05:21 AM)asyyy Wrote: Make the MG overheat instead of reload. Advantages:
- Coherency. So far MG is the only weapon with a reload function (yes Sniper too, but that weapon is not used in vanilla)
- No more random reloads by accidentally pressing the MG button twice
- Reload is kind of buggy anyway. If you switch to a different weapon during the process of reloading and then switch back to the MG, the reloading will start again. You cannot stop it afaik.

I know that the LG will do just that, but as we will probably not get a proper LG any time soon, maybe someone can port that feature to the MG.

You mean like the UT flak cannon?
Yeah right,the reload of the MG really is kinda annoying sometimes.....
But i don't use it often so i don't really care about it.But it really could need some work.

(09-25-2014, 05:21 AM)asyyy Wrote: You mean like the UT flak cannon?
Yeah kind of, only with straight trajectory and spread control feature.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Some "modern" Suggestions (Wipeout Mode, Electro Color) NoClue 1 1,987 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Movement + sound related suggestions Smilecythe 13 9,870 12-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] A couple of suggestions Lee_Stricklin 0 2,327 12-05-2016, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] minstagib mechanics & suggestions lister 10 7,925 12-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Last Post: lister
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestions for controls and HUD Denterroquet 15 15,010 01-06-2015, 01:10 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  [SUGGESTION] Reversion Balance - Feedback / Suggestions asyyy 0 3,248 10-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  [SUGGESTION] XPM Suggestions machine! 4 5,949 01-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Last Post: mudkip
  [SUGGESTION] Bot suggestions rocknroll237 39 35,633 10-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
  [SUGGESTION] My Xonotic suggestions! rocknroll237 49 62,255 09-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Morphed
  [SUGGESTION] A new FAQ (but for suggestions)? rocknroll237 8 7,943 03-01-2012, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo