Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Change items models

How to change items models (healths ,armors) with the models form nexuiz classic? I tried many times, but nothing work.
[Image: 76561198064859488.png][Image: 35985.png]

(09-26-2014, 07:08 AM)Andrii Wrote: How to change items models (healths ,armors) with the models form nexuiz classic? I tried many times, but nothing work.

Have you tried creating a server package with all those items?
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

i tried to change the pk3 files

Are you trying to do this on a server or on the client?

I should warn you that, if you get caught using replacements for effects, textures and/or models in online games, you may very well be considered a cheater.

I tried to do this on client.

I saw zeroql play with different sounds, weapon models ecc, so i I thought that it's legal.

Many would consider it bad, because you can get an unfair advantage from it. YMMV, but I thought it was fair to let you know.

I don't think that anyone would consider replacing item models cheating, as you are free to do so already using the simple items mechanism.

What if I were to change weapon models to fullbright to make enemies more visible then?

(09-27-2014, 10:52 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: What if I were to change weapon models to fullbright to make enemies more visible then?

Not an issue either since we have fullbright player models everywhere imo. The only way I could think of that might give you an advantage is by making the weapon models longer so you can spot the enemy easier in maps that have a lot of corners and such (and that could be spotted and treated the same way as wallhacks, by reviewing demos). But beside of that I personally don't care if my opponent uses the default set of models or ponies with nexuiz guns or whatever as it does not give any objective advantage.

You have fullbright player models if those models are in use, either through enforced playermodels (but then you have to make yourself fullbright to others, that's part of the deal) or through the choice of the players. Replacing models with fullbright is bypassing this tradeoff of enforced fullbright altogether, I don't see how this could be considered anything but cheating.

Your point is valid, but in practice that is not really an issue as you can level the playing field with build-in mechanisms by making the opponent appear fullbright too. And I think for most people the definition of cheating is to gain an advantage by using a tool or modification that is not available to your opponents. If I use r_shownormals 3 for example, and my opponent uses a stock config, then I have an advantage too, but it is not unfair as he can level the playing field if he wants to. If you allow customization of the visuals, then you will always have that kind of situations where you are forced to use certain settings if you don't want to end up with an disadvantage.

My point is that you can indeed usually make your opponent look fullbright using ingame settings, but that requires you to make yourself fullbright too. This was meant to prevent abuse. If you use custom models, you can bypass this mechanism, and that constitutes cheating IMHO. I suppose that's why custom packages were forbidden by the rules of the Nexuiz ladder, if you remember that.

As for r_showsurfaces 3 (I hope you don't mean shownormals!), I don't know what to think about it. It seems fairly accepted.

Perhaps a tourney organizer should weigh in Smile

Maybe we should recors 6 matches from two opponents on same map, first 3 matches both are allowed to have custom configs and the last 3 one needs to have vanilla config so we can see how these minor changes affects the performance. Tongue (FWIW I don't use any custom content since I know many consider it cheating, but a lot of people do use custom sounds and custom simple items and I doubt they have any relevant advantage over other players)

I just like more old nexiuz models. I'ts not for get advantage.

I guess Nexuiz models won't give you a big advantage, but I thought I'd let you know that some people may not tolerate any change at all. It may very well be against the rules of tourneys or public servers, so be careful. That's all I meant to say.

I guess that models won't give me advantage at all, it's just for aesthetics, nothing else.

Sure, you already said that, and I don't disagree. But it's simpler to forbid all model and texture mods than look on a case-by-case basis. Just don't participate in tourneys without making sure it's okay first.

So can you tel me how to change them?

Yeah, that questions stays open. I don't know precisely how compatible the models are. You'll basically need to copy the relevant files from Nexuiz in the relevant place in your xonotic personal data directory.

Hypothetical example: say you want to replace the file models/weapons/blabla in Xonotic with the file models/weapons/foobar from Nexuiz, what you would do is go into your personal data directory (where config.cfg is located), and create a directory called zzz_nexuizweapons.pk3dir, then inside there create the directory models/weapons, and copy the Nexuiz file in there with the right name.

As for the specifics of what file goes where, I don't know about that.

thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Models, items, and sky black after 0.8.5 update htsm92 0 661 08-15-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: htsm92
  [NEED HELP] Change mapinfo to make a CTF map a CTS map. Bhagwa-Yodhak-69 3 2,308 09-08-2020, 06:03 AM
Last Post: _para
  Change campaign last level beat permanently Pallama 2 3,336 02-07-2020, 02:22 PM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic change data directory Bla1 2 2,131 06-26-2019, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Bla1
  [NEED HELP] How to change dualshock gamepad sensitivity? NEOalquimista 2 4,147 09-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Last Post: It'sMe
  [SOLVED] Where are the new simple items located? Antares* 2 2,473 12-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  [NEED HELP] Invisible models/players/flags etc. ARB 0 2,259 10-13-2016, 08:16 AM
Last Post: ARB
  [SOLVED] How can I change my name here on the forum? wannawin 7 5,255 08-23-2016, 06:52 PM
Last Post: wannawin
  [SOLVED] Can't See Custom User Models/Textures Deathsbreed 4 3,751 05-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Deathsbreed
  [SOLVED] How to change Refresh Rates? kidx 1 3,334 01-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo