Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know you've played too much Xonotic when...

When you put on your motorbike helmet with its reduced wide shaped vision and fixed nose guard and it feels like the HUD.

When you look outside from your balcony and try to zoom in on that cat in the distance.

Or

When someone says to you that he expirienced deja vouz and you say: 'Your ping is too high!'
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

When you play another game, clumsily bump into every wall and fall into every pit because air control isn't working.

I actually did that quite often :-)

I don't even play other games... back in 2013 I got a voucher as a gift that is entitling me to buy a computer game of my choice, and I still haven't found anything that I'd want to play :o/

Ok, I play a bit of D2XXL occasionally and monitor Sol Contingency for progress, but that's it. I'd probably have bought Portal 2 if it wouldn't be a requirement to sell your personal data to steam.

back on topic:

... when you, as a matter of routine, perform a round-check for a possible nex ambush by Smilecythe before you sit down at the dinner table to grab all those yummy items there.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

...it feels like you're cheating when you play on a game with clientside hit detection.
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

...when you completely loose track on the development of the game industry because you don't feel the need to play anything else anymore.

...is that pathological?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Say again?
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

When you play basketball and start complaining about weapon balance.

.. when you wobble awkwardly in stairs, gliding them up effortlessly in your mind.

(04-11-2014, 08:50 AM)Halogene Wrote: ...when you completely loose track on the development of the game industry because you don't feel the need to play anything else anymore.
I know that feel.. last time I checked Quake 4 came out.

When you ragequit your job

Yeah, wasn't quake 4 a year or two ago?

(04-09-2014, 04:35 AM)Halogene Wrote: I don't even play other games... back in 2013 I got a voucher as a gift that is entitling me to buy a computer game of my choice, and I still haven't found anything that I'd want to play :o/

Ok, I play a bit of D2XXL occasionally and monitor Sol Contingency for progress, but that's it. I'd probably have bought Portal 2 if it wouldn't be a requirement to sell your personal data to steam.

back on topic:

... when you, as a matter of routine, perform a round-check for a possible nex ambush by Smilecythe before you sit down at the dinner table to grab all those yummy items there.
:o i thought i was the only one on this planet who still plays Descent series!! You are awesome :p I am also waiting for Sol Contingency
[Image: 10253.png]

......When you need sunglasses to open the fridge Smile
[Image: 22172.png]

..when they give you antibiotics for flu and all you can think of afterwards is "...bringing you another commentary".

...when you want Xonotic OS.

....When you write strange things in the chat.

...When someone goes to the blackboard on the maths lecture and all you can think of is "First blood!"
...When you scream "Amazing!" when someone in the class answers tutor's question right.

...When you scream RAGEQUTER!!! at someone who leaves honours maths. Its really like hunger games in there....

....When you look at the clock and say:OH FUCK!

....When you are sick and feel like shit but still play the whole day.

....When you go to bed and are excited to play on the next day.

....When you look at the clock and say:One more match!And play more than 1 match.

....When you beat someone who owned you a few months ago.

....When you think about what could be new in 0.8.0 all the time.

....When your life sucks because your ping is too high.

....When you look through the whole forum everyday.

....WHEN YOU READ THIS HIHIHIHIHIIHIHIHIHAAAAAAAAAHAAA

.. when you get bored of it.
/thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We can pretty much declare Quake Live dead Lee_Stricklin 21 24,861 05-31-2016, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
Wink Splatoon, Cause Nintendo Can FPS Too Orbiter Sunblast 2 4,505 07-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Orbiter Sunblast
  How much more to Skrillex's level? unfa 9 12,142 12-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m
  Anybody here played TuxRacer before? satuim 20 16,589 10-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
  too many to choose from hutty 21 13,591 09-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Got a server. Don't know what to do with it. JayWalker 2 3,546 08-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Last Post: JayWalker
  You'll thank me when you read click on this thread...trust me .Danny. 20 26,614 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  what would you do if you were in my situation with this laptop jacob 13 11,214 02-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Last Post: tZork
  Anybody know of any good mods for Deus Ex? Lee_Stricklin 9 13,338 09-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Quake irc how to (i don't know!) .Danny. 6 8,740 07-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Last Post: theShadow