Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic 0.7 Released!

Perhaps you should make a separate issue for this, rather than updating the old one.

OK I can do this. Since I'm not a developer it feels a bit strange to submit official bug reports. But I'll do it, I guess it's not a big deal to delete unwanted bug reports. Or do you have CCB meetings where even the most stupid bug reports have to be resolved and tested the official way? Wink

Here are some more findings, together with the 2 issues described above. For which do you think should I submit a bug report, Mr. Bougo? I'll update the list when I find more problems.

1) Xonotic 0.7 often crashes when I close it. This didn't happen in 0.6, but it's hard to tell where it comes from. On facebook someone reported the same problem as a comment to the 0.7 release announcement.

2) When I join a server, then open the server list and join the same server again from within the current match, I see an empty screen with the Xonotic logo and nothing happens. When I press ESC and select the server once more, I get connected.

3) When I rotate around the player model in the 3rd person view after the match has ended, there are some strange artefacts on the player model, see the 2 screens. In the first one mega's butt is smooth, in the second one it looks like he's wearing a string tanga Big Grin This change happens very abruptly when I move the mouse a little. Maybe it's just a switch from a low detail model to a high detail model when I get close, maybe it's related to my graphics settings.

[Image: u6s9kjov.jpg]
[Image: wd3takn8.jpg]

4) When I set cl_simple_items to 1, then close and restart Xonotic, the variable is reset to 0. Other cvars like fov are saved between sessions. Would also be nice to have a checkbox for this in the settings.

5) It looks like all dropped weapons are replaced by simple items except for the minstanex, which is still a 3D model. Happens both on the Pussy Delight server and in local games.

6) We still have the bug that you see the nametag of invisible players, which still makes invisibilty pretty useless.

7) In minsta you now only get 1 extra live per pickup, but the notifiation still says "you picked up some extra lives".

8) Sometimes when a match ends, there's a long waiting time in the scoreboard screen until you get to the map vote screen. It hasn't been like this in 0.6. Seen on DCC's Pussy Delight Minstagib DM.
[Image: 2405.png]

4) I've noticed that behavior too. I'm not sure if it's due to that the servers have it disabled by default, and when you join a server it turns to 0, I'm not sure if this is the cause though...

(07-09-2013, 01:40 PM)Micha Wrote:
OK I can do this. Since I'm not a developer it feels a bit strange to submit official bug reports. But I'll do it, I guess it's not a big deal to delete unwanted bug reports. Or do you have CCB meetings where even the most stupid bug reports have to be resolved and tested the official way? Wink

Here are some more findings, together with the 2 issues described above. For which do you think should I submit a bug report, Mr. Bougo? I'll update the list when I find more problems.

1) Xonotic 0.7 often crashes when I close it. This didn't happen in 0.6, but it's hard to tell where it comes from. On facebook someone reported the same problem as a comment to the 0.7 release announcement.

2) When I join a server, then open the server list and join the same server again from within the current match, I see an empty screen with the Xonotic logo and nothing happens. When I press ESC and select the server once more, I get connected.

3) When I rotate around the player model in the 3rd person view after the match has ended, there are some strange artefacts on the player model, see the 2 screens. In the first one mega's butt is smooth, in the second one it looks like he's wearing a string tanga Big Grin This change happens very abruptly when I move the mouse a little. Maybe it's just a switch from a low detail model to a high detail model when I get close, maybe it's related to my graphics settings.

[Image: u6s9kjov.jpg]
[Image: wd3takn8.jpg]

4) When I set cl_simple_items to 1, then close and restart Xonotic, the variable is reset to 0. Other cvars like fov are saved between sessions. Would also be nice to have a checkbox for this in the settings.

5) It looks like all dropped weapons are replaced by simple items except for the minstanex, which is still a 3D model. Happens both on the Pussy Delight server and in local games.

6) We still have the bug that you see the nametag of invisible players, which still makes invisibilty pretty useless.

1) Perhaps you should try to gather some more information before submitting a report. Can you try launching the game from the command line and look at the output when it crashes as you quit? If anything shows up, comparing the output with that person on facebook might be useful too.

2) As far as I know, this has been there for ages. Probably the same reason "reconnect" doesn't work in the console while connected, but "disconnect; reconnect" does. That's an engine bug (unless I'm missing something and it's actually a feature Tongue)

3) Can you try the same with textures enabled? It might help identify the problem.

4) That's a bug. Same reason this happens but this time the solution is obvious, as the cvar is not an engine cvar. A "seta" line is just missing from the config. Please report it Smile

5) I don't know about that. If you hang out on IRC, that might be worth mentioning to Samual, perhaps he knows why it is so. Otherwise I would submit a bug report, and if it's not a bug it'll be rejected, that's no big deal.

6) Yep. You can submit that. No worries, the tracker is for users too, otherwise we would just block you from submitting items Wink

If you submit tickets, please link them here so I can add them to my watch list! Don't forget to set the target version to 0.8, categorize it well (the sprite-on-invisible-players bug is "game logic"), and you don't have to worry about assigning the bug to anyone, as it should tag the relevant person automatically depending on the category.

EDIT: Ah! I forgot to thank you for taking the time to list and report those points. Thank you!

You're welcome. It's the least thing I can do to support this great game. I've added 2 more points to the list.

Apart from these bugs I think the new version is very good. Many small changes that give a more polished impression.
[Image: 2405.png]

(07-09-2013, 01:40 PM)Micha Wrote:
7) In minsta you now only get 1 extra live per pickup, but the notifiation still says "you picked up some extra lives".

8) Sometimes when a match ends, there's a long waiting time in the scoreboard screen until you get to the map vote screen. It hasn't been like this in 0.6. Seen on DCC's Pussy Delight Minstagib DM.

7) Please report Smile

8) Could it be related to this? XonStats seems to enlarge waiting time :/. It sounds like the same problem. On which servers do you experience this?

EDIT: 5) is a bug, report it!

Weeee, I'm just getting this now. Greetz and gratz guyz.
You thought I had gone...?
Well, I did for a bit.
What servers are hot these days for old Nexuiz gits?
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Here are the top ten in terms of games played the past week (at the time of this post):

1 {esk} CTF Minsta+Hook - DALLAS [0.7.0] 519
2 [MoN] Overkill [MOD] 217
3 DCC's Plain Delight DM 180
4 [MoN] Vehicle Gameplay 159
5 [DBC] NightCap CTF Minsta+Hook [0.6.0] 144
6 Freeze MoFo [Nexuiz Camping Rifle] www.killer.xxx [git] 133
7 Xonotic DeFrag - Join/Run now! - balance changes 109
8 (Prophets) Duel Sanctuary [Minsta|Hook] 104
9 [0.6.0] (DieTunichtguten.org)|{3on3 CTF Minsta+Hook} 95
10 DCC's Pussy Delight Minstagib DM 92
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

NIce stats aunty.
I like staaaaaaaaaatss.
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Great. I'm downloading now.

Thank you for all the hard work.

Can someone direct me to the thread where the female voice taunts are discussed/introduced, because even tho i didn't notice them at first, now it feels like someone uploaded a 144p YouTube Call of Duty video into my Xonotic folder. Such low quality, and what's up with the "retard" par?

Is there such a thread? I'm not aware of one. In any case, use the search tool.

The low quality on what I guess is the pyria voice set is meant to sound like some sort of interphone I suppose.

Here's something related I remember: Bug #1696 - Unprofessional teamshoot sound clip. I think it's a valid point and I have discussed this a little in private with core team members. There was an extended team poll (poll #119) which I'm not sure I can reveal anything about yet.

Wow! It's been over a year since I last played this game/logged onto my forum account. (I was reminded this game once more, because someone was playing it on Twitch) The new additions looks great! :-)

Ah i still remember how excited i was back then Smile
[Image: 22172.png]

Question, is there ever going to be a new Version of Xonotic or is that it ?
[Image: QD2BT.png]

Development is in progress, however due to the lack of developers and spare time the progress is slow. You can see the activity on the project here: https://gitlab.com/groups/xonotic
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Quote:Here are the top ten in terms of games played the past week (at the time of this post):

1 {esk} CTF Minsta+Hook - DALLAS [0.7.0] 519
CTF minsta maps everyone!!!

Hey! First off all congrats to this remarkable game! Smile But there is something I wanted to know:

There is still no Xonotic 0.7.0 release on Desura! who is responsible for integrating an update on Desura? Is anyone willing to take this task? Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Xonotic 0.8.2 released! Antibody 35 47,374 04-14-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Th3 TqMaZ45
  XonStat data snapshot released Antibody 10 14,353 01-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic 0.8.1 Released! Antibody 36 38,263 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  Xonotic 0.8 Released! Antibody 77 94,177 02-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: nowego4
  ZeroQL has released his fragmovie! CuBe0wL 0 6,189 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Xonotic 0.5 Released mand1nga 101 127,655 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: dli
  Automatic Update Script for Autobuilds Released Antibody 1 10,332 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Xonotic 0.1 Preview Released merlijn 63 83,297 02-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: chooksta