Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic 0.8 Released!

Xonotic 0.8 is out! Get it while it is hot!

Torrent
HTTP Download

MD5: bc368e116a2502362e1d4f07d8f8efab
Package size: 953MB

If you already have Xonotic, upgrade to the release with these steps:

- Navigate to your Xonotic installation folder.
- Navigate to the misc/tools/rsync-updater folder.
- Execute the update-to-release.sh (for Linux or Mac) or update-to-release.bat (for Windows) and wait for it to complete.
- Profit. You're done!

Read full info about new features at the blog post!

We hope you all enjoy it. See you out on the servers soon - happy fragging!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Edit: Oh nice, 2,200th post even. Big Grin

Yay! 0.8 is out! Smile

My first video with 0.8: A 3vs3 CTF fight on the new oficial map Implosion, including new feature buffs(and some extra from SMB modpack).
[Image: 9074.png]

Yay! Good job team!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Congratulations! Awesome release!
I just tryed to create local server with the announced Invasion mode, but there is no such mode in mode list:/ Screenshot. Any suggestions?

Awesome, thanks for the great work team and contributors!

(01-16-2015, 01:02 AM)meequz Wrote: Congratulations! Awesome release!
I just tryed to create local server with the announced Invasion mode, but there is no such mode in mode list:/ Screenshot. Any suggestions?

Invasion currently lacks maps, and so cannot be shown in the list yet. We may hold a contest of sorts sometime later to get maps for the mode.
[Image: 230.png]

Congratulations and thanks to all the developers and artists who gave their contribution to this new release!
Ciao Smile
Massimo

Good reason for me to install xonotic again, and play few pickups Smile
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

YAY FINALLY!

Good job everyone and congratulations! Looking forward to playing it (though my spare time is currently close to zero).
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Really really nice, i'am delighted to see some progress! Lets have some pickups rolling and some cups going! =))

Quote:
Quote:Congratulations! Awesome release!

Invasion currently lacks maps, and so cannot be shown in the list yet. We may hold a contest of sorts sometime later to get maps for the mode.

So can I test Invasion mode? If so, how to? Or there is no way to do it right now?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WORKING ON THIS!!!!!!!!
<3 <3 <3 <3

(01-16-2015, 04:19 AM)meequz Wrote:
Quote:

So can I test Invasion mode? If so, how to? Or there is no way to do it right now?

This maps are set up for invasion

http://maps.xfiles.zone/mofo/rocketarena_xon_v1r2.pk3
http://maps.xfiles.zone/mofo/zulula_invasion_fixed.pk3

I was working on Mini Man Invasion map months ago but never got around to finishing it.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(01-16-2015, 04:39 AM)end user Wrote:
(01-16-2015, 04:19 AM)meequz Wrote:
Quote:

This maps are set up for invasion

http://maps.xfiles.zone/mofo/rocketarena_xon_v1r2.pk3
http://maps.xfiles.zone/mofo/zulula_invasion_fixed.pk3

I was working on Mini Man Invasion map months ago but never got around to finishing it.

g_invasion 1; restart

Congratulations to the team, and thanks to everyone involved in this awesome release! Smile

Symfireball_v4 http://maps.xfiles.zone/mofo/symfireball_v4.pk3 and Skybowl_v2 http://maps.xfiles.zone/mofo/skybowl_v2.pk3 also have invasion support (skybowl is crazy and may cause lag, it can spawn more than 150 mobs)
[Image: 9074.png]

Quote:g_invasion 1; restart
It works, thank you!

While the invasion mode has no official maps, there are a few community maps available to test the mode in its current state.
Here is a list of them, including ones posted previously:
dam_a1
zulula_invasion
symfireball_v4
skybowl_v2
tinyhuge
rocketarena_xon_v1r2
hty-td-001_invtest
themines-v3

Additionally, any regular map can be played in this mode by adding this to the map's .mapinfo file (advanced feature, but worth mentioning): gametype inv

Happy fragging, congratulations to all on the release!
[Image: 230.png]

http://esreality.com/post/2703456/xonotic-0-8-released/
guys would nice if you could add your [+]'s under the post, but it needs an existing account on esr

Is it just me or the rsync updater doesn't work? It just deleted a bunch of files in my 0.7 directory and that's it, when I run the game everything looks the same and the version in console says it's from 5 june 2013.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for making this!
Let's download it....
[Image: 22172.png]

(01-16-2015, 11:02 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Is it just me or the rsync updater doesn't work? It just deleted a bunch of files in my 0.7 directory and that's it, when I run the game everything looks the same and the version in console says it's from 5 june 2013.

Right, it seems it updates to 0.7 atm - for the time being you can update to autobuild (might be unstable), this issue is being worked on.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Thx for the confirmation Halogene :-).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Xonotic 0.8.2 released! Antibody 35 47,374 04-14-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Th3 TqMaZ45
  XonStat data snapshot released Antibody 10 14,352 01-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic 0.8.1 Released! Antibody 36 38,261 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  Xonotic 0.7 Released! Antibody 92 167,915 12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Last Post: sol-invictus
  ZeroQL has released his fragmovie! CuBe0wL 0 6,189 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Xonotic 0.5 Released mand1nga 101 127,654 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: dli
  Automatic Update Script for Autobuilds Released Antibody 1 10,331 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Xonotic 0.1 Preview Released merlijn 63 83,294 02-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: chooksta