Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic 0.8 Released!

...nothing works.

Ran the update procedure (more on that later) and when I start the game, I now get an error message about compressed textures not being available. I'm running this on OpenSUSE and using the nouveau driver. Yeah, I know, not accelerated but I'm throwing enough horsepower at the problem and it was working reasonably well. Now it doesn't run at all. I never saw anything like this with 0.7.0. If it was now a requirement that you need to be running one of the proprietary video drivers that should have been documented so users could put off the upgrade until they had satisfied that requirement.

Not sure what you guys are doing for the rsync update process but it's (again) not documented that the update procedure will wipe out everything under certain directories. Not good. The update clobbered a wrapper script I had that written to handle PulseAudio. Not a huge problem but very annoying to say the least. I'll be doing the full download next time. It'll chew up more bandwidth but at least I can examine what's really in the new version before committing to it.

.. did you also tried the version via zypper http://download.opensuse.org/repositorie...SUSE_13.2/ ??

GreetZ Su

rnturn, sorry about your experience. The fact that the rsync updater overwrites everything without warning bothers me as well, but it is explicitly mentioned in the README.txt file.

Can you tell me what error messages you get exactly? Are you running the lighter "-low" version?

Thanks for the new release and the inclusion of Invasion as game mode.

May I ask what the specific reason is that maps need to support invasion ?

Other shooters (e.g. UT2k4 or Sauerbraten) are capable of running each DM map in "Invasion" mode.

TIA,
D$

hello, 1st off, awessom update, but i come to a problem: cant select the "invasion" mode to make a match
i have downloaded maps that suport the invasion gameplay.
i have tryed g_invasion and set to 1 as well but when i try that and start the game again, this is what apears: (cant print screen, it wold apear the xonotic loading screen and not the mensage)

You have reached this menu due to missing or unlocatable content/data
you may consider adding
-basedir /path/to/game
to your launch commandline

--> open console
--> quit

if i quit and start again, this mensage disapears, however, the g_invasion goes back to 0, and the invasion mode is still locked, anyone know what do i need to do to get this sorted?

Huh? Did I get this right? I'll break it down in steps, tell me if that's right

1. notice that there's no invasion mode available by default
2. download maps that support invasion, put them into data directory
3. start the game, set g_invasion to 1 (in that order?)
4. quit?
5. next time you started, you got that error message
6. restarted
7. everything as before, with g_invasion set back to 0

I can't make much sense out of this. When and how did you set g_invasion to 1, and when did the error message happen relative to this and the downloading of invasion maps?

(02-03-2015, 04:51 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Huh? Did I get this right? I'll break it down in steps, tell me if that's right

1. notice that there's no invasion mode available by default
2. download maps that support invasion, put them into data directory
3. start the game, set g_invasion to 1 (in that order?)
4. quit?
5. next time you started, you got that error message
6. restarted
7. everything as before, with g_invasion set back to 0

I can't make much sense out of this. When and how did you set g_invasion to 1, and when did the error message happen relative to this and the downloading of invasion maps?

exactly in that order, sorry if my english is not good

What steps do you need to take to reproduce the issue now?

(02-04-2015, 01:28 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: What steps do you need to take to reproduce the issue now?

you mean to make it happen again?
since i have the maps ready in the data folder, i start the game and go to advanced options in misc and search for g_invasion, and set that variable to 1... then i quit the game.
i start the game and the mensage apears leaving me the quit or open console choice.

Okay, that's way strange.

I'll need a log. Can you do the following?

- Set g_invasion to 1 and restart in order to get to the error screen.
- When you're in the error screen, press shift escape, then type the following in the console that shows up:
Code:
condump invcrashlog.txt
- Then, type this:
Code:
which config.cfg
This last command will tell you the path to a directory. Go into that directory and submit the contents of the file invcrashlog.txt to pastebin.info. Post the link to that in this thread.

The "advanced settings" menu seems a bit bugged ( http://i.imgur.com/JhW0AZI.png ) in latest autobuild. Can reproduce this problem.

Console log: http://pastebin.com/niXcWs5K

--

But to play: Load a map in Deathmatch (via Create menu), open console (Shift+ESC), type g_invasion 1, type restart - and it should work.

I managed to reproduce it as well. I reported it in the bug tracker: https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic-data....ssues/1454

Mirio actually noticed another bug on git, which should be an easy fix.

(01-15-2015, 08:39 PM)Antibody Wrote: If you already have Xonotic, upgrade to the release with these steps:

- Navigate to your Xonotic installation folder.
- Navigate to the misc/tools/rsync-updater folder.
- Execute the update-to-release.sh (for Linux or Mac) or update-to-release.bat (for Windows) and wait for it to complete.
- Profit. You're done!

I tried this, but Xonotic doesn't launch anymore. Hence, I'm downloading a fresh one. Huh

Knyghtmare, what OS?

Running update-to-release.sh should be equivalent to downloading a fresh one. It would be good to investigate the cause for that failure.

It doesnt launch for me either on windows, but thats np, i never play FPS games from here, but just came to tell and report that smthing is strange with 0.8 w/ windows

Win7 here as a secondary system. On Linux its always worked perfectly, its all that matters to me though :b

(02-13-2015, 02:04 PM)thimo Wrote: It doesnt launch for me either on windows, but thats np, i never play FPS games from here, but just came to tell and report that smthing is strange with 0.8 w/ windows

Win7 here as a secondary system. On Linux its always worked perfectly, its all that matters to me though :b

Both sdl and wgl?

Do you know how to launch the game from a terminal? If so, please do it and let us know what output you get.

Minor nuisance: Console seems to open and automatically type the § character there. What's weird though.. Sometimes it doesn't type it, sometimes typing § with open console closes the console and sometimes not.

Huh? That's unusual. Does it affect both SDL and WGL? Maybe some non-ASCII key code is throwing the engine off? Does it happen with an american keyboard layout?

(02-13-2015, 11:41 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: Minor nuisance: Console seems to open and automatically type the § character there. What's weird though.. Sometimes it doesn't type it, sometimes typing § with open console closes the console and sometimes not.

I bet you already know this but you can choose the binds to open the console on the same menu that are the binds for shooting, talking etc...

I had a similar problem with 0.8 messing some of my binds, fixed it and forgot it until now, in my case spanish layout had the problem.
[Image: 9074.png]

(02-14-2015, 02:48 AM)Ari Wrote:
(02-13-2015, 11:41 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: Minor nuisance: Console seems to open and automatically type the § character there. What's weird though.. Sometimes it doesn't type it, sometimes typing § with open console closes the console and sometimes not.

I bet you already know this but you can choose the binds to open the console on the same menu that are the binds for shooting, talking etc...

I had a similar problem with 0.8 messing some of my binds, fixed it and forgot it until now, in my case spanish layout had the problem.

Do you know what caused the problem, though? What bind specifically did you have to remove in order to fix this?

i have the same issue, but only in menu, during the game it's fine. I'm on win8 and it happens when i'm using xonotic.exe to run the game, doesn't seem to happen when using wgl.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

It happens because sdl2 works differently, for each key stroke it generate 2 separate events: one for the key and one for the character but the engine doesn't handle them in a special way. When you press the key to open the console: the key event opens the console, then the console receives a character event and prints it. Weirdly it doesn't happen when connected.

Ah, right. Reference to bug item: https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic-data....ssues/1427

Any documentation on what versions of OS X can run this? I downloaded fresh, but got an error message when I tried to run the application, complaining that it wasn't usable on my version. I'm running 10.8.5. Am I out of luck until I update my OS, or is there something else at work?

From what I understand, the property list of the .app says it requires at least 10.6.0, so I don't know where that error message came from.

Can you provide more detail on the error message?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Xonotic 0.8.2 released! Antibody 35 47,374 04-14-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Th3 TqMaZ45
  XonStat data snapshot released Antibody 10 14,353 01-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic 0.8.1 Released! Antibody 36 38,263 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  Xonotic 0.7 Released! Antibody 92 167,920 12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Last Post: sol-invictus
  ZeroQL has released his fragmovie! CuBe0wL 0 6,189 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Xonotic 0.5 Released mand1nga 101 127,655 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: dli
  Automatic Update Script for Autobuilds Released Antibody 1 10,332 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Xonotic 0.1 Preview Released merlijn 63 83,298 02-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: chooksta