Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite

Xonotic 7.0 ran great.
Now I downloaded 8.0 and put the entire Folder in my applicationsfolder.
When I tried to start xonotic.app I just get a message from the system that there is a problem and it cant start.

There is a problem with the Mac build, the issue has been reported and a workaround is available here: https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/issue...ote_757994
[Image: 230.png]

I installed the SDL Framework.
It starts, but I get a spinning beachball.
I´m not inclined enough to do any programming so I´ll probably just wait until they release a fix..
Thanks!

I haven't encountered that spinning beachball yet, ouch. I don't know how to troubleshoot that.

Sorry, my fault!
Works now. Just had to reboot.
So just install the SDL Framework mentioned above, reboot, and it works.

The new 8.0 version won't work on my mac either.
I have osx 10.6.8
How can I get it to work?
[I have no idea what an SDL Framework is or what they're talking about at the gitlab link above]

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
Referenced from: /Games/Xonotic (new 0.8.0)/Xonotic.app/Contents/MacOS/xonotic-osx-sdl-bin
Reason: image not found
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

(01-29-2015, 12:23 PM)Space Ace Wrote: The new 8.0 version won't work on my mac either.
I have osx 10.6.8
How can I get it to work?
[I have no idea what an SDL Framework is or what they're talking about at the gitlab link above]

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
Referenced from: /Games/Xonotic (new 0.8.0)/Xonotic.app/Contents/MacOS/xonotic-osx-sdl-bin
Reason: image not found

As explained in the highlighted comment in the link above, you should grab the SDL 2.0 dmg file from this page and install it to the /Library/Framework folder.

If that's not clear enough, don't hesitate to ask further.

Thanks, no it wasn't all that clear to me in the linked page, lots of techno jabber back and forth between people.
I did what you said and it worked. Weird audio glitch when starting the game (makes a buzz noise for a second or two), but otherwise, works Smile
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

The link leads to a specific comment of mine in the page though, the one highlighted in orange, at the top of the screen.

Glad you got it working! That buzz noise is strange, I haven't experienced it. Is it the first time something like that happens on your computer? What model is it? What OS version does it run?

Yeah, it's a loud "dil-dil-dil-dil-dil-dil-dil-dil-" sound and lasts about two seconds as it says "Loading". Similar to the sound you'd get in those old console video games sometimes if you didn't have the cartridge pushed in all the way, you know, electronic sounding. Never heard the sound before on this computer. iMac OSX 10.6.8 (can't update to a newer osx version or my printer/scanner won't work anymore -- a free update but I have to buy a new printer/scanner, no thanks).
iMac OS Monterey 12.1
Xonotic 0.8.2 autobuild

I get the weird noise too but doesn't really seem to cause an issue. Thanks for the help, I was pulling my hair out trying to upgrade before I found this.

1. I tested on Yosemite 10.10.3, and I'm getting the buzz sound in the beginning (probably during SDL audio init process?) as well.

2. Can we add the info about SDL dependency in the download page? I don't think too many first timers would see this thread.

(04-13-2015, 01:29 AM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: 2. Can we add the info about SDL dependency in the download page? I don't think too many first timers would see this thread.

Met another user today who couldn't play because of SDL missing. Can we add this reminder on the download page?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Xonotic won't launch on Win10 noChance79 7 6,256 06-23-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Cofein
  [NEED HELP] Menu Won't Load, Game Crashes EdwardHamHam 1 2,928 07-21-2022, 01:44 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] cant start the game/ session lock problem skyghost47 1 2,795 10-24-2020, 11:50 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Question [NEED HELP] How to use textures for radiant(win version)? (solved) Kotangens 4 2,892 08-12-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [SOLVED] No stats for the player Ubuntu 19.04 - just don't use the flathub version Fiorentino 2 3,061 04-20-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Fiorentino
  [BUG] some textures won't load with git builds lister 2 2,444 01-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: LuckyStripe
  [NEED HELP] Unabel to start xonotic in xubuntu 18.04 prateekgs555 0 1,772 12-24-2018, 09:42 PM
Last Post: prateekgs555
  [SOLVED] Weird key hold issue with official version Bloodthorn 9 4,906 05-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Bloodthorn
  [NEED HELP] XUbuntu playing with drivers and now Xonotic doesn't start Bla1 9 6,010 05-15-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Bla1
  [BUG] SDL version not loading, glx version buggy rendering Halogene 3 3,778 10-19-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Freddy