Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello world

Hello!

I am Tudor, age 18, a fellow FPS lover and recently xonotic player.

I like what you guys are doing with the quake base and open source. I'm here because I want to help out a growing community. I am interested in mapping, sounds, music and game design. Other than gaming, I enjoy both physical and mental gym Tongue I love to learn and study things bit by bit. I love music, even graduated music high school studying piano.
I'm not good at favorite lists, I got an ecclectic taste in music and movies alike.
Movies: Matrix, Full Metal Jacket, 12 Monkeys, Dr Strangelove, Donnie Darko, Boondocks, Breaking Bad, Hot Fuzz, 28 Days Later, Seven Psycopaths, Borat.
Music: Pink Floyd, Alice in Chains, Type O Negative, YES, King Krule, Paul van Dyk, Robert Miles, Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Jean Michael Jarre, Radiohead, Tears for Fears, Long Distance Calling, Ne Obvliviscaris, etc.

I've tried nexuiz before and I don't know what the deal with the code stealing is as I haven't searched it. I am just glad that this is free and that it's got a decent community. I am still playing singleplayer, somewhere after the football level.

I can't wait to learn to map for this engine.

You got me at "Matrix" Big Grin

Btw, welcome to our awesome community Smile hope you enjoy playing/contributing as we do Smile
[Image: 18382.png]

Hello.

Hi and welcome! To learn the ropes quickly, check out the Newbie Corner!

As for the "code stealing" deal the story is (in short): Nexuiz had one of the biggest open source fps communities and managed to build up some reputation. Then, the owner of the name "Nexuiz" sold the name behind the back of the community to a company that made a proprietary console FPS out of it that has little to do with the original game. The community got severely pissed and forked, Xonotic was born. For more background, check out the Nexuiz community statement. All this is history now and everybody is looking forward :o)

You like the piano as well? I love it too, if you are into improvisation like me and have some recordings to share, feel free to do so - you'll find mine on soundcloud :oD

Looking forward to seeing you online!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello world! cannibalsticky 6 4,153 03-21-2016, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Hello world! Lo 7 5,572 12-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Last Post: aa
  Hello, hello. (Hello) AlDeezy 5 4,236 06-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Last Post: .Danny.
  print('Hello World!') darthlukan 7 7,006 08-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Mepper
  hello world vipus 7 7,885 06-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Last Post: chooksta