Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Having problems with rsync-updater

You may remember me from 2013. I had problems obtaining the 0.7 update.The Thread in Question
I'm having issues again with 0.8. Well things have changed, I'm no longer using my Mac for games very much, I'm currently on Windows 7. I go to run "update-to-release.bat" It will download however it will just freeze, CMD is still responding and everything.
.png   problem-xonotic1.PNG (Size: 21.15 KB / Downloads: 134) It just stops downloading and i'm receiving no more data
.png   problem-xonotic2.PNG (Size: 1.21 KB / Downloads: 134)

If you read the old thread I changed a setting to download for all OS's so my rsync updater could be corrupt or the "permissions" that were mentioned... But I really don't know what is happening.

Could someone please help?

Run the 'update-to-autobuild.bat' script twice, then things should work.
There is a known issue with the update-to-release.bat script and 0.8, that was fixed in newer builds.
[Image: 230.png]

(02-21-2015, 03:53 AM)Mario Wrote: Run the 'update-to-autobuild.bat' script twice, then things should work.
There is a known issue with the update-to-release.bat script and 0.8, that was fixed in newer builds.

Might have misunderstood did you mean run 2 instances at once?
I have tried many times running it.

Would giving me an update-to-date version of "rsync-updater" help?

Nah, update-to-autobuild.bat hasn't changed.

Don't ever run two instances at once. I don't even know what that'll do, but surely no good Tongue

Does it always get stuck on the same xonotic-wgl file? If so, perhaps try to rename that file to whatever name (it'll get removed anyway in case of success) and see how it goes.

Sad 
(02-22-2015, 04:37 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Nah, update-to-autobuild.bat hasn't changed.

Don't ever run two instances at once. I don't even know what that'll do, but surely no good Tongue

Does it always get stuck on the same xonotic-wgl file? If so, perhaps try to rename that file to whatever name (it'll get removed anyway in case of success) and see how it goes.
There is actually no xonotic-wgl.exe in my Xonotic Directory at all. I'm thinking on giving up on the resync-updater. And grabbing a fresh copy but almost 1gb is too big Undecided

Unless someone can upload a fresh copy to another cloud storage server like MEGA.

I don't understand. How would uploading it somewhere else help you with the download?

At this point, redownloading everything might be your best bet. I really don't understand why the updater would break.

(03-02-2015, 03:17 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I don't understand. How would uploading it somewhere else help you with the download?

At this point, redownloading everything might be your best bet. I really don't understand why the updater would break.
Reuploading would help downloading the game on internet where xonotic.org would be blocked.

I know we shouldn't download games on these connections. But having the game in Dropbox or something will be fine as Cloud Storage is allowed. As Xonotic will just be another random file on my account.

Maybe your rsync updater is as blocked as xonotic.org is on that network.
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

(03-10-2015, 02:48 AM)Pendulla Wrote: Maybe your rsync updater is as blocked as xonotic.org is on that network.

No i'm running rsync updater on my own network.
I want to avoid downloading 1gb on my own network.

Why? You have a limited data plan? 1 gb isn't really that much in this century :-D Also my experience is that you are going to download that 1 gb through updater also since it has basically deleted all my files and replaced with new ones. And you shoyld back up all maps because they are going to be deleted if you want to avoid more downloads.

Oh, so you want to download Xonotic from work, I guess?

I don't think distributing Xonotic via any of these cloudy-cloud-cloud services is ToS-compliant. Ask someone to download it for you and put it on a usb drive or something.

@Pendulla: The updater only touches the install directory. Users should only make changes in their personal data directory (in Saved Games), which the rsync updater will never touch.

Well then something wrong happened when i updated. No harm done though. I don't mind redownloading maps. They change all the time.

Edit: it didn't touch my user dir in saved games. But the downloaded maps are located in the data dir in xonotic folder. At least that's how it works for me.

By "downloaded maps", do you mean dlcache? I don't think the engine ever stores dlcache anywhere outside of the user dir. It can happen that the user dir is the same as the data dir in the xonotic directory, but then you don't have anything at all in saved games. Having both saved games AND dlcache outside saved games should never happen.

I meant manually downloaded maps. I didn't check if dllcache was deleted but i guess it wasn't.

Oh. dlcache is in the user directory. Anything that you would put in the install directory, you can put in the user directory instead Smile

I tried that but maps wouldn't list in server create tab when i put them in the user data dir. They would list there only if i put them in the xon data dir.

You need to put them where the config.cfg is located in your user dir.

~\xonotic\data and not ~\xonotic\data\data Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Setting rsync autobuild to "Xonotic-High" Danfun64 1 1,297 10-05-2022, 01:23 AM
Last Post: irisxerno
  [SOLVED] rcon problems -maniac|Su- 1 1,523 04-28-2020, 05:17 AM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic reverts to Stereo sound after having set it to 5.1 STP_KITT 0 1,860 11-27-2018, 05:35 PM
Last Post: STP_KITT
  [FIXED] How do I pause game while having the console open? Beagle 8 6,402 05-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [BUG] Having some serious issues here Lee_Stricklin 8 8,912 01-24-2015, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [SOLVED] FPS problems SilenceKiller 3 4,454 12-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  [FIXED] Map compiling problems machine! 3 5,751 07-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Ingar
  [NEED HELP] autobuild sound problems frostwyrm333 0 2,708 07-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Last Post: frostwyrm333
  [SOLVED] Having a LAN party. Where do I find non default maps? Shadowman84 1 2,997 05-05-2012, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [NEEDS INFO] Hard FPS drops while having 2 cpus active vienna 2 3,032 04-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo