Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compiling Netradiant on a Mac

Question 
Hi there!

I downloaded the git repository so I can use Netradiant for Xonotic but I have some dependencies issues compiling it:

Code:
Checking for gtk/gtkdialog.h (libgtk2.0-dev)... not found, please install it or set PKG_CONFIG_PATH right!
To see the failed commands, set DEPENDENCIES_CHECK=verbose
To proceed anyway, set DEPENDENCIES_CHECK=off
Checking for gtk/gtkglwidget.h (libgtkglext1-dev)... not found, please install it or set PKG_CONFIG_PATH right!
To see the failed commands, set DEPENDENCIES_CHECK=verbose
To proceed anyway, set DEPENDENCIES_CHECK=off

I downloaded the libgtkglext1 package using Fink but it hasn't changed anything (besides I'm not sure the package compilation succeeded). And I can't find the other one...
FYI, the already-compiled Netradiant works fine here but I don't know how to use it properly for Xonotic.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.5 PPC.

Thx in advance for your help! =)
Heart Heart

Hmmm. Your situation is different from mine in several ways (I'm running a 10.6.3 Intel chip and didn't get my NetRadiant from the Xonotic git) but some of what I had to do might still be applicable.

The problem could be any number of things, but my first guess would be that it doesn't like a PPC system and will only work on Intel-based Macs. (I have no clue if this is even remotely true, so if this is completely wrong, please correct me!)

Suggestions:
1: Have you tried getting the non-Xonotic-git NetRadiant? (main page here)
1.5: I know from experience that this version of NetRadiant will crash 10.6.3 if used "straight from the box," so to speak, but IDK if it will crash your 10.5 system. If so, I followed the instuctions for patching the libraries found here and it works much better.

(If all else fails, I would recommend looking into something called MacRadiant; it's apparently a Mac-native port of NetRadiant or something like that. I've never used it, but I know it's out there.)

Once you have it running, you could probably just swap out directories and such to make it "Xonotic-capable." (I assume that you know your way around the inner systems of a Mac, such as accessing hidden folders and the like.)

Good luck, and welcome to the community! Smile
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

Thanks for your help VNilla.
Like I said, I did try the non-Xonotic-git NetRadiant and it does work. However I don't know how to make it Xonotic-capable... How did you do that?

EDIT: btw, I have also tried on my other computer which is an Intel-based Mac. And it didn't work neither so I don't think this really matters.
Heart Heart

Do you know how to access NetRadiant's hidden resources? Specifically ~/.netradiant and the contents of NetRadiant.app?
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

Well, I know how to access these folders if that's what you mean.
Heart Heart

That's what I meant. Good.

Now answer me this (read: "I don't know the answer"): does the Xonotic-GIT version of netradiant come with a xonotic.game folder/ Xonotic resources?
Humans... Dodgy

Yes, it does.

I've been trying lots of things since my last post but nothing really worked. I first moved both xonotic.game files from the git repository to the already-compiled Netradiant folder and the app successfully loaded Xonotic resources however the saving process didn't work ("assertion failure" about some "invalid characters"). I guess that's due to the fact I have an old revision of Netradiant (219 instead of the last one: 402) but this is the only one working on PPC.

Then I tried the same thing with Macradiant 1.5 instead of Netradiant. Though I can select Xonotic on launch it doesn't load all of its resources (I can use stuff like warpzones, etc. but there are no textures). But even if I manage to load everything I think I'd better use Netradiant since the app has special Quake-related features included.

Anyway. If you have an idea or find a newer Netradiant for PPC, please let me know. I'd also like to thank FruitieX and divVerent for their precious time/help.
Heart Heart

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow NetRadiant-custom Garux 25 12,252 03-06-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: anoob
  Updated Xonotic gamepacks for NetRadiant and NetRadiant-custom SpiKe 2 1,805 06-25-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: anoob
  [NEED HELP] No Spawn Point In NetRadiant Map daspeller 0 22,083 10-19-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: daspeller
Information Updated NetRadiant builds illwieckz 7 7,805 06-29-2022, 02:33 AM
Last Post: illwieckz
  Can't get netradiant to work with Xonotic NoClue 2 2,393 06-14-2022, 01:25 PM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Custom NetRadiant Textures / Textures Not Loading 3agle427 3 3,943 09-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: HIBANEZ
  Netradiant brush outline in 2D view grid mode Nyx 2 1,594 08-05-2021, 12:27 AM
Last Post: Nyx
  NetRadiant for Xonotic? Betaversion 3 2,375 12-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Betaversion
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,278 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Window 3agle427 4 3,217 01-11-2019, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Julius