Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitch TV

Hi guys,

Bit of advice here if anyone can offer some.

I received an E-Mail today saying someone may have gained unauthorized access to my twitchtv account.

I also had an email a few weeks ago saying someone tried to login to an account I had on speedguide.net and made 5 failed attempts. They sent me the ip the person who tried to access the account.

Is it worthwhile me contacting twitchtv to ask to see what the last ip address was of who tried to login?

Anything else I should try and do (apart from the obvious password changes and virus scan etc)?
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Just that - change your passwords and wall off any other accounts that you think may be linked. I doubt they will release the IP information to you if they haven't done so already.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

I don't think you're the only one who has recieved that email. I've recieved the same thing for both of my Twitch.tv accounts and the Twitch.tv website has forced me to make a new password for them both. I am certain that this Twitch.tv incident and the attempts on your Speedguides.net account are both unrelated. However I see no harm in asking Twitch.tv's support for the IP of the last login, either you get what you asked for or you don't (Probably the latter).

Yeah, I should have said that as well. I got the same email, so I'm not a beautiful and unique snowflake. ::cries::
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Can confirm about Twitch (yesterday). Tried to login, and it forwarded me to the reset password page.
I just tried to use the same password again but according to Twitch it's too weak, therefore it forced me to use something stronger.
I guess they just do it for users with weak passwords.

OH actually Twitch got hacked?
http://blog.twitch.tv/2015/03/important-...h-account/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twitch Stream Ch4mp 1 2,797 09-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Last Post: SPLAT