Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Crosshair Set

(06-06-2010, 02:16 AM)FruitieX Wrote: GPL?

Of course it is, it's self made.

(06-05-2010, 08:37 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Problem with sources: Crosshairs can only contain colors #FFFFFF and #000000. White is colorized while black is left alone.

doesnt that make the glow impossible to do, or is alpha channel supported as well?

(06-06-2010, 02:55 AM)lopho Wrote: doesnt that make the glow impossible to do, or is alpha channel supported as well?

Alpha is supported, current crosshairs use it for subtele glowy shadows and other.

Images are being multipiled (?) by a colour, zero multiplied by anything gives zero so only true black in really unaffected. Gray will be darker that white after colorisation, Won't burn your display or hard drive Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Those crosshairs look both functional and aesthetically pleasing
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Could you make one for the TAG Seeker as well? That weapon was recently re-added to the game.
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

Woah!! I like kays a lot, the have a spacey look ;P
Im intrested in these new crosshairs, lets look forward Smile

(06-06-2010, 10:58 AM)Debugger Wrote: Woah!! I like kays a lot, the have a spacey look ;P
Im intrested in these new crosshairs, lets look forward Smile

unfa's were nice too. Maybe there could be a way to cvar switch between these? Maybe skins, like the menu and the new HUD? Smile
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

LOL panel crosshairs Tongue

Oh, and kay, I didn't like the hlac or laser crosshairs. They seemed much simpler and much more mundane than the rest of the crosshairs, and didn't have any "techy" elements.
I'll colorize the xhairs properly when I get a chance and post in game screens.

@detaching middle of rl xhair to follow rocket: would be awesome, but sadly not really possible.

edit: two xhairs missing
http://pisarowitz.com/Xonotic/Crosshairs.svg
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Quick colorization.
[Image: 0vb568c6u4rncoyf2rl8_thumb.jpg]
[Image: z5uafjpu8nwpcgdofltp_thumb.jpg]
[Image: ddjk0gf67lx21l3ueik_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 3xqooh6sggu2kgngzmt9_thumb.jpg]

SVG source
http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/jxlr...w7uu30.svg

PK3 with one crosshair
http://www.box.net/shared/a4tbkllzfl
( crosshair_perweapon 0; crosshair fireball; )
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

That looks awesome
I specially like:
- nex
- minsta
- crylink

I think the shotgun's crosshair shouldn't include that "+" sign, since the shotgun actually is not an accurate gun. Anyway, great work really Smile I would love to see this in the final Xonotic release

(06-06-2010, 02:39 PM)kay Wrote: LOL panel crosshairs Tongue
Yeah, freely movable and shit Tongue

Edit: ACTUALLY, this idea is brilliant! what IF it was a panel, but position forced to the center? it would still be resizeable in a user friendly way Smile

FruitieX that's a good idea -- better than the already easy way to resize the crosshair ^.^

But unless you want stretched crosshairs you should set height=width...
Mapper.

Yeah, crosshairs shouldnt get too big...

I have to agree, unfa s crosshairs are cool too Smile I like especially these with some extra white points Tongue
Fruities idea is great! May including all old crosshairs and the new ones together into xonotic, the player can choose one of these sets, he may can mix them!? Big Grin[/align]

(06-07-2010, 03:09 PM)Moo Wrote: But unless you want stretched crosshairs you should set height=width...
Yup, was planning to do that. Doing it tomorrow. Now sleep. Wink
Edit: And wait for space elevator to compile. Wink

Is is now possible to create several sets of crosshairs (with separate image for every weapon) and switch between them?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Damn. I like those crosshairs. Me want. I don't care how they're implemented, just include them!
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

pretty cool
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Yeah much better Big Grin maybe yours can be for the normal crosshairs without 'crosshair per weapon'

(06-08-2010, 10:45 AM)kay Wrote: Yeah much better Big Grin maybe yours can be for the normal crosshairs without 'crosshair per weapon'
Could be, but I see some crosshairs that would fit current guns, maybe they might be avaiable as a per-weapon set and as single crosshairs as well.

You could have some way to choose a specific crosshair for each weapon. Assume that there are 3 styles of crosshairs available, "Classic" (Nexuiz 2.5.2 designs), "Holographic" (kay's designs), and "Simple" (unfa's designs), picture this:

On the player setup menu, you have a crosshairs widget. It consists of a Check box at the top, "Use Crosshairs." If the check box is checked ("enabled"), then a panel beneath it becomes active. This Panel would let you choose between the three styles on the left, which would set each weapon to use the appropriate crosshair from the chosen set. The user could also customize his/her set, so that (for example) half of the weapons use unfa's designs and the other half use Classic designs. If we wanted to get really fancy, we could implement a way to install and use custom sets.

It's hard to explain with words. <Reserved for java file to demonstrate the concept graphically>
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

(06-09-2010, 05:01 PM)VNilla Wrote: On the player setup menu, you have a crosshairs widget. It consists of a Check box at the top, "Use Crosshairs." If the check box is checked ("enabled"), then a panel beneath it becomes active. This Panel would let you choose between the three styles on the left, which would set each weapon to use the appropriate crosshair from the chosen set. The user could also customize his/her set, so that (for example) half of the weapons use unfa's designs and the other half use Classic designs. If we wanted to get really fancy, we could implement a way to install and use custom sets.
If we are gonna become that complex, we need a whole new submenu in the "Multiplayer" menu, or a submenu in the "Player Setup" submenu in the "Multiplayer" menu.

Once crosshairs have been enabled, there is a list of crosshair packs (like binds) on the left (how can we detect crosshair packs and data?). If per-weapon crosshairs are on, the user can choose which crosshair to use for which weapon from which set (drop down menus). If per-weapon crosshairs are off, then only one can be selected. Not sure how to allow control over colors, though.

Ok, so could someone make a pk3 of these for easy testing/committing? (with included GPL license and in a separate dir: vector sources)
Also a requirement for the crosshairs is that they are visible both on dark and bright backgrounds. E.g. dropshadow with 0 pix offset could fix that, if they already don't work well on both.

Please work on the "normal" crosshairs too (not per-weapon), they all need replacements too IMO (new crosshairs don't need to be based off old necessarily). Or maybe we could use unfa's crosshairs for non-per-weapon crosshairs, and Kay's crosshairs for per-weapon crosshairs?

They don't stylistically match, all crosshairs should be of the same style.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manually set frusta (stereo vision) Crash_Override 1 3,417 08-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  *NEW* EASY-TO-USE physics set from experimentation by frutiex and kojn (please read) kojn^ 39 39,011 05-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Last Post: kojn^