Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-resolution Trak textures

Hello, everyone! This is pretty much my first time on the forum, and my first time contributing to Xonotic.

I re-made those two textures for Red Eclipse because I thought they were VERY low-res, but then shit happened... And I stopped contributing to Red Eclipse entirely. My contributions have been welcomed coldly by a project collaborator who then decided to ban me from the forums, IRC and the game when he faced my opposition (Luckily, Graphitemaster came in and fixed that).

Anyways, short story aside, here are the two textures, complete with diffuse, normal, glow, spec and parallax.

.jpg   light3a.jpg (Size: 46.1 KB / Downloads: 161)

.jpg   light2a.jpg (Size: 26.35 KB / Downloads: 161)

Link to the ZIP file containing both textures.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8LVgU...U1QZFg5Snc

It is possible that I forgot to take out the alpha channels in those images (But afair, I don't think jpg even supports alpha channels). If I did and jpg DOES support alpha channels, feel free to remove it before integrating it into the game if it bothers you.

These textures use the MIT/X11 license, just like the original texture's license.

I'm afraid we don't accept CC-BY with the Share-alike clause. It's incompatible with the GPL.
[Image: 230.png]

re: shit happened

common theme Smile

[Image: crazy_straws.png]

(07-10-2015, 07:31 PM)Mario Wrote: I'm afraid we don't accept CC-BY with the Share-alike clause. It's incompatible with the GPL.

Unless there's any legal issues with me changing the license express by editing my post, I just changed it to CC-BY. I don't mind that license.

(07-10-2015, 06:50 PM)acerspyro Wrote: My contributions have been welcomed coldly by a project collaborator who then decided to ban me from the forums, IRC and the game when he faced my opposition (Luckily, Graphitemaster came in and fixed that).

I'm very slightly confused, were you banned in the Red Eclipse world, or here at Xonotic fun land?

Your textures look great. It might be easier for the Xonotic dev's if you made added an issue to the Xonitic GitLab account. If your improved textures are accepted, then at some point the dev's can easily add your textures to Xonotic.

If this advice is wrong I hope a Xonotic dev will correct me Tongue

(07-11-2015, 04:31 AM)Spaceman Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 06:50 PM)acerspyro Wrote: My contributions have been welcomed coldly by a project collaborator who then decided to ban me from the forums, IRC and the game when he faced my opposition (Luckily, Graphitemaster came in and fixed that).

I'm very slightly confused, were you banned in the Red Eclipse world, or here at Xonotic fun land?

Your textures look great. It might be easier for the Xonotic dev's if you made added an issue to the Xonitic GitLab account. If your improved textures are accepted, then at some point the dev's can easily add your textures to Xonotic.

If this advice is wrong I hope a Xonotic dev will correct me Tongue

I was banned from the Red Eclipse world for like 20 minutes. Still unacceptable, considering it is one of the project managers who acted childish.

Also, about opening an issue, I was often reminded on Red Eclipse that I should make a pull request instead of opening an issue. But, first of all, I do not feel like opening a pull request for such a small change. Second, I have no idea if I should put the files directly into the PK3's, or the maps need to be changed because the texture would appear too big.

Updated the license once again, since my work is a derivative of somebody else's work, which is licensed as MIT/X11.

We can accept CC-BY as long as you accept us crediting you via the any or all of the following means:
  • credits text file/dialog
  • text files you put in the same directory as your texture (don't care for the name, can be LICENSE.txt, README.txt or whatever)
  • comments in the .shader file

I know CC-BY gives you more control about this, but we can't accommodate everything (e.g. comments in the image file don't work for releases as we distribute compressed textures in DXT, which doesn't support comments - and steganographic watermarks may be a cool idea, but they probably break during the DXT conversion too).

What we cannot promise is all possible understandings of the "at least as prominent as the credits for the other contributing authors", as we can't just put everyone at the top of the list. After all, there's just one first line.

What we do offer is you putting your name in the appropriate place yourself, and we'll then keep it in the same group (preferably in alphabetical order).

Also, we still have to keep the GPL at the same time so we can release the whole package under the GPL and thus fulfill the linking requirements without much hassle - which from your side means we need possible "sources" for the texture. The GPL defines sources as "preferred form of the work for making modifications to it" - essentially the sources are whatever files you are keeping so you can make further changes. This may be just a PNG file of the final thing if you use a destructive editing workflow. It may be PSD or XCF files. It may be a Mathematica worksheet for all I care. Please honestly provide that, and all is well. In particular, there is no need for you to change your workflow to keep extra "source" data - if you don't keep it, we don't need it.

Does that sound good?
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(07-13-2015, 01:29 PM)divVerent Wrote: [...]
Does that sound good?

A credits text file/dialog or a README/LICENSE sounds good to me.

Also, for the credits, use Maxim "acerspyro" Therrien as the name.

Edit: Huh. The forum doesn't allow me to attach XCF files...

Attached Files
.zip   lights_sources.zip (Size: 250.68 KB / Downloads: 1)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Custom NetRadiant Textures / Textures Not Loading 3agle427 3 3,948 09-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: HIBANEZ
  Textures: evillair's eU Texture Set Julius 1 1,716 11-27-2020, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Julius
  Textures: Xonotic Items as decals Julius 1 1,922 05-14-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Garux
  Textures: Techy Julius 6 3,387 01-12-2019, 09:05 AM
  Textures: Julius's Light Beams Julius 2 2,371 01-11-2019, 08:30 AM
  Textures: Tabun Decals Julius 2 2,866 12-16-2018, 09:22 AM
  Textures: Nobiax Impacts Julius 0 1,737 12-07-2018, 02:53 PM
  How would i create glass textures? Molnija 2 2,514 10-28-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  Having trouble getting transparent textures to work Notavi 5 2,890 07-17-2018, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Notavi
  I need help with textures. [Solved] TapX 5 4,164 05-11-2018, 02:22 PM