Create an account

Poll: Include map in initial Xonotic release?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
94.29%
33 94.29%
No
5.71%
2 5.71%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[DM/TDM] Stormkeep with warpzones

READ BEFORE VOTING!

Poll is supposed to give the developers a quick overview of what the community thinks about a certain map.

Do keep in mind when voting:
- The maps included in Xonotic must be of very high quality both visually and gameplay-wise. They will most likely represent what a new player/reviewer/whatever will see when they play the game for the first time, and as such they must be GOOD!
- We don't need every map shipped with the release, only the very best creations by the community! More maps are easily available on a server, due to the easy curl downloads you are all familiar with...

[Image: c64wso58nw9njr9sab_thumb.jpg]
[Image: kns2bb07snmuic3gq5l_thumb.jpg][Image: 5vhh9zn4vgvgghxu8jc_thumb.jpg]

Stormkeep2, now with a new skybox by Cuinnton, and a warpzone idea by morphed. The warpzones look quite good now even at the lowest "reflection" settings, and at that setting they don't kill much performance at all. Smile

Get it here: http://www.hrfdesign.com/crap/maps/dm/st..._beta1.pk3

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKLYQ_kuVbw

You need Xonotic GIT to test, get it here:
http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...ory_Access
You also need the fruitiex/stormkeep branch, as I have only included the compiled map in the pk3.
My vote: yes
I love this map, it's simply one of the best TDM maps hands down. Visuals not too bad now in the remake, but there's still room for improvement... Textures maybe don't fit perfectly, and jumppads still need to be updated to use the Xonotic jumppads!
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Thumbs Up 
Looks really really cool! Smile (from what I have seen from the video and the pictures)
On which settings are you playing?

(06-07-2010, 07:32 AM)FruitieX Wrote: You also need the fruitiex/stormkeep2 branch, as I have only included the compiled map in the pk3

You mean doing
Code:
./all checkout fruitiex/stormkeep2
right?

My problem is, as seen in the screenshots below: I see no warpzone Undecided maybe because of the bad performances of my laptop? (I've had the same problem with space_elevators I had compiled myself).
They do work (teleporting, projectiles and sound), but I can't see the other side.

A map-related problem, anyway, is that some projectiles explode from one side of the warpzone, as in the screenshot; the other side, instead, is fine.

[Image: ubjbuei2j7ggk1eieik2_thumb.jpg][Image: ibouv6ko8it5rsv67ma_thumb.jpg]

I vote yes.
The overall look of the map is very nice, and of course I'd like to see it in the first release.

wow... awesome work! Keep it please up, I like these teleport zones Big Grin

The new look is not that clear, but gives it a real teleport look^^ Smile
nice!

(06-07-2010, 10:25 AM)tankmiche Wrote:
(06-07-2010, 07:32 AM)FruitieX Wrote: You also need the fruitiex/stormkeep2 branch, as I have only included the compiled map in the pk3

You mean doing
Code:
./all checkout fruitiex/stormkeep2
right?

My problem is, as seen in the screenshots below: I see no warpzone Undecided maybe because of the bad performances of my laptop? (I've had the same problem with space_elevators I had compiled myself).
They do work (teleporting, projectiles and sound), but I can't see the other side.
Did you enable reflections via the menu? Hope we'll enable these at the "blurry" quality setting in medium/normal effect configs.
(06-07-2010, 10:25 AM)tankmiche Wrote: A map-related problem, anyway, is that some projectiles explode from one side of the warpzone, as in the screenshot; the other side, instead, is fine.

[Image: ubjbuei2j7ggk1eieik2_thumb.jpg][Image: ibouv6ko8it5rsv67ma_thumb.jpg]
Wtf, that's odd. Shouldn't happen...
BTW: changed the branch name into fruitiex/stormkeep

Cool! Maybe some new stone and floor texture?

And the towers are from the evil texture set

(YES, If it has something 'spacey'

The map itself is awesome, especially for TDM. So I would vote yes, but dunno how this actually fits to the whole Space theme.

the map is ok, aneursym is better

(06-07-2010, 12:02 PM)FruitieX Wrote: Did you enable reflections via the menu? Hope we'll enable these at the "blurry" quality setting in medium/normal effect configs.

Yep, that did it, sorry for the dumb problem then.

(06-07-2010, 12:02 PM)FruitieX Wrote: Wtf, that's odd. Shouldn't happen...

Disappeared as soon as reflections were enabled :\ but now I think I understand what was the problem.
To reproduce with reflections enabled: use the laser and fire a bunch of times while warping. You'll notice you either slow down, or get thrown away. That should be fixed IMO.

The last question: should I see that blue light behind the rock wall?
[Image: uobpnr8d13v1keuxszr_thumb.jpg]

Great work by the way, the map really rocks, and the warpzone effect is simply awesome. Keep up the good work!

the light is 100% ok here, but i can also reproduce the projectile-explodes-at-warpzone. it "works only from one side, and pretty reliably if i stand directly in front of the warpzone. the bug show independently of reflections enabled or not.

if you shoot with e.g. the electro through the warpzone, the particles are not dran directly behind the warpzone.

i have an fps drop here (60fps normally, here 30-40)
[Image: xonotic000035leb4.jpg]

relfections on sharp result in 20 fps in front of the warpzone. good gives 40, and blurred or none gives the normal 60.

(06-07-2010, 01:35 PM)tankmiche Wrote: The last question: should I see that blue light behind the rock wall?
[Image: uobpnr8d13v1keuxszr_thumb.jpg]
Enable lightmaps. It looks like that with vertex lighting (without lightmaps)

(06-07-2010, 02:03 PM)jaykay Wrote: i have an fps drop here (60fps normally, here 30-40)
[Image: xonotic000035leb4.jpg]

relfections on sharp result in 20 fps in front of the warpzone. good gives 40, and blurred or none gives the normal 60.

thats normal

that don't meant that it's good Big Grin

well, its a problem with the engine so framedrops near the warpzones are normal

Fruitiex, dude, this stuff is the pure w00t.
But I would kind of like the old one in too, if it has to be one or the other then the one with warpzones pls. Big Grin
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Yeh you gotta turn em off if they kill fps too much... I'm adding that shader partly to make it look cool, and to make it harder to aim through it so that ppl with insane rigs wont have a huge advantage over ppl with slower pcs. Removing the shader would be easy of course, but that would be considered cheating Tongue

Would it be possible to put something in the bits of roof with large areas of open sky (in the nex room, mortar room and screenshot below), so that when a player laserjumps, he is stopped by a visible ceiling rather than some invisible barrier?
[Image: dm-712759745036.png]

In spite of this very minor annoyance, as Fisume said, it's an awesome map, and I vote yes even though it may not fit perfectly with the space theme. Nice work!
[Image: 769.png]

(06-07-2010, 02:22 PM)FruitieX Wrote: Enable lightmaps.

Thanks, it "workses"!
And thank you for the shader, it's a good idea to improve balance...

(06-08-2010, 01:25 AM)tankmiche Wrote:
(06-07-2010, 02:22 PM)FruitieX Wrote: Enable lightmaps.

Thanks, it "workses"!
And thank you for the shader, it's a good idea to improve balance...

I'm adding the same shader to space_elevator, screenshots coming up if it would *$%@$'n compile! Tongue
According to my calculations it's been doing vis for what, 7 hours?!? Light stage was done in 2h, rarely the vis stage takes longer :X
I made a red version for the red base also.

(06-08-2010, 01:37 AM)FruitieX Wrote: I'm adding the same shader to space_elevator, screenshots coming up if it would *$%@$'n compile! Tongue

I'm looking forward to it Tongue

(06-08-2010, 01:37 AM)FruitieX Wrote: According to my calculations it's been doing vis for what, 7 hours?!? Light stage was done in 2h, rarely the vis stage takes longer :X
I made a red version for the red base also.

Is anyone developing q3map@home for BOINC? I'd totally share at least some CPU time Smile

Yes from me.

This was a classic map in Nexuiz, and it should definitely be included in Xonotic.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

Does that mean you'll be able to shoot someone at the armour from the electro warpzone?..not sure I like that but would have to try in-game in a duel or something, I see there's a stony bit sticking out on the right side to sort of stop that, guess the game will play different with different weapon balance mind you Smile

As for this space theme, I thought it was sci-fi/futuristic not space, looks fairly sci-fi'ish.
I mean it's not as if the map looks like it was built in Victorian times.

Well, YES from me to put this map in, must have!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I don't think shader is that important for space elevator; it's not a DM map.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Ummm this is stormkeep

(06-08-2010, 01:37 AM)FruitieX Wrote: I'm adding the same shader to space_elevator, screenshots coming up if it would *$%@$'n compile! Tongue
Sorry for the off-topic though.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DUEL, DM, TDM] Canal ballerburg9005 3 606 02-20-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Baker
  [DUEL, TDM] Mid air remix Kotangens 3 1,593 10-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [DM/TDM/CA] Stone Sea _para 1 1,632 03-18-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Winsalot
  [DM/TDM] Spacebash derrant 2 1,745 08-02-2020, 04:44 AM
Last Post: derrant
  [DM/TDM/CA] C-Pit R4 _para 6 2,904 06-06-2020, 10:14 AM
Last Post: _para
  [TDM] Space Men! Mario 3 3,841 10-29-2016, 05:30 AM
Last Post: thearcoN
  [CTF/TDM] New map ruinctf (insta/vanilla) kwakkiezalf 2 3,144 07-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Last Post: kwakkiezalf
  [TDM]Voll aufs Maul FINAL Cortez666 37 44,087 02-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Last Post: zykure
  [TDM] Grudge Debugger 2 4,730 07-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [TDM] Minigrudge Debugger 3 4,705 07-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo