Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Weapon Model: Xon Rifle

OMFG! didn't expect it would look that good ingame!!

could use a little bit more gloss though. (or it is just the screenshot (the last one))

OMFG, this is friggin' awesome.

[Image: dm-012760585622.png]

P.S. this image is not mine, I've found it wandering in img.xonotic.org

o.O very impressive indeed.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

H O L Y S H I T ! ! !
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

more glow would be nice, that would give it a more energetic look Smile

but it is fantastic, really.

Does it have a firing animation yet? Because if not, a rotating barrel would elevate it to new levels of "OMFG YES".
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Woah... Eyeboner!

Damn. If that's the WIP, I can't wait for the final version!
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

(06-09-2010, 10:13 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Does it have a firing animation yet? Because if not, a rotating barrel would elevate it to new levels of "OMFG YES".

rotating barrel !!, I don't think that fits the concept of the nex at all, maybe for the mortar that would be great

I suggested a rotating barrel not only as loading mechanism, but also it seems in all pop culture of the rail gun it leaves a spiral trail through the air http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHoIMBXKSos

so a rotating barrel would add a nice axial force to the magnetic pulse Smile Tongue
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

(06-09-2010, 11:33 PM)XV22 Wrote: rotating barrel !!, I don't think that fits the concept of the nex at all, maybe for the mortar that would be great

It spins to cool off the central core, like a gatling gun, otherwise the weapon would have a longer reload Tongue
Honestly, who knows by what black magic the nex works?
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

(06-09-2010, 11:59 PM)Roanoke Wrote:
(06-09-2010, 11:33 PM)XV22 Wrote: rotating barrel !!, I don't think that fits the concept of the nex at all, maybe for the mortar that would be great

It spins to cool off the central core, like a gatling gun, otherwise the weapon would have a longer reload Tongue
Honestly, who knows by what black magic the nex works?

Uses high-power magnets to send an electrically charged rail flying at an alarming velocity.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

ok looks great but it's way too big.

rotating barrel? with 1 cell per shot, it would make sens. And yes, those to strange things at the end of the gun may suggest it's a railgun Smile

well, the idea of rotating to cool down the core is very nice.
We have no "morphing" weapon models currently, but Diabolik told me it's possible, I hope to see it Smile

wow. that is awesome oblivion. great work Smile

and if the barrel rotating was to be implemented, it would require some changes to the model. atm there is no mechanism for the barrel to rotate on. I can make the necessary changes, but it would mean oblivion would have to redo some parts of the texture as well. are you ok with that, oblivion?
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

a rotating barrel dont make any sense for a rifle which should be precise and not fast. any moving parts in a rifle add inaccuracy.

make the shotgun rotating, or the mortar... but not the ___ rifle (replace with your name for this weapon Smile )

(06-12-2010, 06:26 AM)jaykay Wrote: any moving parts in a rifle add inaccuracy.

Gyroscopes?
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

(06-12-2010, 10:20 AM)Flying Steel Wrote:
(06-12-2010, 06:26 AM)jaykay Wrote: any moving parts in a rifle add inaccuracy.

Gyroscopes?

complete sentence? Big Grin

are gyroscopes used in weapons? and is a rotating barrel a gyroscope when it rotates slowly?

additionally, i think such ordinary things like rotating barrels just dont fit to a complex high energy hightech weapon, but to a shotgun or grenade launcher, which are simple weapons.

Someone really needs to rethink the naming policy... /sigh

Model looks great.
[Image: optsig.png]

Read the first post. Xon is not the name. Its just something temporary we used to not call it nex.

Diabolic is correct, "Xon" was just the working title, the weapon will appear in game as the 'F.A.L.U.S.'.

No further naming suggestions will be considered until after the premiere 1.0 release.
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

Frighteningly Accurate Lithium-Uranium Scorcher.

(06-13-2010, 11:39 PM)Flying Steel Wrote: Diabolic is correct, "Xon" was just the working title, the weapon will appear in game as the 'F.A.L.U.S.'.
(06-13-2010, 11:47 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Frighteningly Accurate Lithium-Uranium Scorcher.

Teh f*? How can Lithium-Uranium be so fast unless on fire?
And if I may be bold, just to put emphasis on the accuracy:

Precision Hit Accurately Lit Lithium-Uranium Scorcher. P.H.A.L.L.U.S.
Did you notice the hit-lit choice of words?

yea, that would be a perfect name, weapon of real men Big Grin
no, i really hope those guys are joking...
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Of course, a name like that would be discriminatory against female players. That's why I propose C.R.O.T.C.H. as a better name. And yes, it is/was a joke.

Back on topic.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I'd like Oblivion and the other contributors to focus on remaking other models right now (if possible), than to make a perfect one (animation included) now. And still I feel this one is just right as it is.

Not to mention I too would prefer some animations on gun models, but they do make much more sense on other weaponry.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Model Switching? moemoemoemoemoe 0 1,558 12-04-2022, 12:26 AM
Last Post: moemoemoemoemoe
Photo Morphed's used brushes for weapon and item model texturing LegendGuard 0 1,709 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,047 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Fox player model MirceaKitsune 12 17,477 07-12-2021, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [NEED HELP] Shotgun model from nexuiz v1.1 Kotangens 1 2,408 03-06-2021, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  How to import Weapon Models? NoClue 6 3,416 12-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Julius
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Weapon Respawn 3agle427 2 2,550 01-05-2019, 06:22 PM
Last Post: 3agle427
  Texture and Player Model Creation Help Molnija 5 4,974 09-30-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  Per Weapon Effect Brushes? Antares* 2 2,800 10-15-2017, 07:22 AM
  Player model links end user 1 3,406 09-13-2017, 07:35 AM