Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do not the bots on the server?

Hello.
There is a dedicated server. It is the latest version of the server Xonotic.
He works. But for some reason it does not have boats.
Normal guidance on setting up a server is not present.
I do not understand how to add manually even bots.
rcon not working.

When you try to change the server mode eg (gametype), he replies: server: program is not loader.
Help to enable bots on the server.

Here is my file server.cfg (part with bots)
Code:
gametype tdm
bot_number 8
skill 4
minplayers 1
g_maxplayers 16
bot_prefix [BOT]
bot_suffix ""
g_maplist_check_waypoints 0

The setting looks OK. Could you copy and paste the whole console output (after you run ./all run dedicated) here so we can see the whole error message?

I haven't tested it now, but don't you have to set up the "minplayers" up to a specific value in order to allow bots to fill in empty slots? You can also do "apropos bots" in console to get help for bots related settings.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(07-12-2015, 08:48 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: The setting looks OK. Could you copy and paste the whole console output (after you run ./all run dedicated) here so we can see the whole error message?
Which console? Game or server?
Because the command /all run dedicated game console is not and I do not understand that you need to specify.

In order to be help us help you, could you tell us

1) which version of Xonotic are you running?
( ) 0.8, downloaded from www.xonotic.org
( ) recently updated autobuild, updated via the update script in misc/tools
( ) recently updated git version, using the "all" script
2) which Operating System you are running Xonotic on?
( ) Linux
( ) Windows
( ) MacOS
3) how do you start the dedicated server?
My Xonstats Profile

(07-13-2015, 06:48 AM)Halogene Wrote: In order to be help us help you, could you tell us

1) which version of Xonotic are you running?
( ) 0.8, downloaded from www.xonotic.org
( ) recently updated autobuild, updated via the update script in misc/tools
( ) recently updated git version, using the "all" script
2) which Operating System you are running Xonotic on?
( ) Linux
( ) Windows
( ) MacOS
3) how do you start the dedicated server?
1) version 0.8.0.
2) yes, the game is downloaded from the website.
3) no. updates are not carried out (do not know. The file is not an update).
4) git? and why is it needed? I also downloaded the files from the site, not the git.
5) Linux. Ubuntu server 14.04 (32 bit).

...the items with "( )" in front were meant to be selection options :o)

Ok, so you are running the official 0.8.0 release on Ubuntu server 14.04. Then you probably start the dedicated server by launching xonotic-linux-dedicated.sh from terminal.

I have now had time to check this, and the setting you need to fix is
Code:
minplayers 1

If you set this up, the game will automatically fill empty player slots with bots (until enough real people join of course). Try for example
Code:
minplayers 4
My Xonstats Profile

(07-14-2015, 03:35 AM)Halogene Wrote: ...the items with "( )" in front were meant to be selection options :o)

Ok, so you are running the official 0.8.0 release on Ubuntu server 14.04. Then you probably start the dedicated server by launching xonotic-linux-dedicated.sh from terminal.

I have now had time to check this, and the setting you need to fix is
Code:
minplayers 1

If you set this up, the game will automatically fill empty player slots with bots (until enough real people join of course). Try for example
Code:
minplayers 4
The server is fully operational.
I need only to solve one single problem - ADD BOTS!!!

And the point I put "minplayers 4" if I'll come if such a server, and there is no one, I want to run a bot for example.

Why this game can not be put bots, so they are always at server, both in normal games (such openarena or redeclipse)?

So in a single game bots can be, and in multiplayer they are not.

It is not clear to me why the game does not "listen" to the configuration files and why it all through one fifth ...

I am already tired to have sex with the setting of the game !!!

Code:
bot_number is "0" ["0"] Minimum number of bots
minplayers is "0" ["0"] number of players playing at the same time (if not enough real players are there the remaining slots are filled with bots)

bot_number defines the static amount of bots.
If you set it to 8 (bot_number 8), there will always be 8 bots no matter how many player joined.

minplayers defines the variable amount of bots (kinda maxium).
If you set it to 2 (minplayers 2), there will be 2 bots if noone is playing. (But at least one player must be connected)
If one player joins the bot number is reduced by 1.

If no player is connected to the server, there will not be any bot playing/added.
Bots are only added if the server is in use by a connected client.
If you set bot_number 8, minplayers 1 - 8 is useless.

(07-14-2015, 07:17 AM)ItsMe Wrote:
Code:
bot_number is "0" ["0"] Minimum number of bots
minplayers is "0" ["0"] number of players playing at the same time (if not enough real players are there the remaining slots are filled with bots)

bot_number defines the static amount of bots.
If you set it to 8 (bot_number 8), there will always be 8 bots no matter how many player joined.

minplayers defines the variable amount of bots (kinda maxium).
If you set it to 2 (minplayers 2), there will be 2 bots if noone is playing. (But at least one player must be connected)
If one player joins the bot number is reduced by 1.

If no player is connected to the server, there will not be any bot playing/added.
Bots are only added if the server is in use by a connected client.
If you set bot_number 8, minplayers 1 - 8 is useless.
Oh well. I set the value to 8.
but that nothing has changed.
Bots not so blocked and no.
I already went in and out and restarts. All to no purpose.
By the way, for some reason when you try to restart the card tells me - "only the server may restart".
if done through rcon (rcon restart), then nothing happens.
In this game, even though something will work properly or not ???

No bots. Neither normal operation rcon. nothing is not adequate.
As if the game is not developed community, and any type of company Microsoft.

The message "only the server may restart" appears if you execute the command on the client.

To understand how those commands work, you can start a local match on your client (using this you start kind of local server).

Start your client and execute the following commands in client console (available via shift+esc):
Code:
chmap stormkeep       // start a local match on stormkeep
minplayers 2          // adds two bots (if you are in spectator mode)
                      // if you join, 1 bot will be removed
                      // if a second player joins, 1 more bot will be removed
minplayers 0          // set back to 0
bot_number 2          // adds two bots
                      // if you join, the bot number stays 2
                      // bots are not removed

I have added a video, which does the stuff described above: http://youtu.be/5I3iJW_TebM

Also be sure you apply the settings at the right point: If you start a dedicated server, it will have to be applied in the server.cfg that is being read by the dedicated server. Connecting with the client and issuing those commands in the client's console won't change the settings on the server.

I cannot yet see the inadequacy you are claiming, please read and follow the instructions of the people that are willing to help you.
My Xonstats Profile

(07-14-2015, 09:50 AM)ItsMe Wrote: The message "only the server may restart" appears if you execute the command on the client.

To understand how those commands work, you can start a local match on your client (using this you start kind of local server).

Start your client and execute the following commands in client console (available via shift+esc):
Code:
chmap stormkeep       // start a local match on stormkeep
minplayers 2          // adds two bots (if you are in spectator mode)
                      // if you join, 1 bot will be removed
                      // if a second player joins, 1 more bot will be removed
minplayers 0          // set back to 0
bot_number 2          // adds two bots
                      // if you join, the bot number stays 2
                      // bots are not removed

I have added a video, which does the stuff described above: http://youtu.be/5I3iJW_TebM
Thank you dear friend.
You have helped me so much.
Finally, I figured these damn bots.
It is a pity that they reset after you restart the server (not include the server).
But I knew they appear only with real players.
Well, it's nothing personal.

The only thing that remains unclear to me, it's the team to manage the server.
I do everything through rcon, but only now realized such as a map restart, and add bots.
It remains to understand how to change the map.

You do not share a reference to the documentation of commands rcon (and all server commands). I will be very grateful to you !!!

the documentation for commands and cvars is the game itself.

you can search for commands in server console (and client console) via apropos command.
Code:
apropos "pattern"

As example:
Code:
]apropos curl
cvar cl_curl_enabled is "1" ["1"] whether client's download support is enabled
cvar cl_curl_maxdownloads is "10" ["1"] maximum number of concurrent HTTP/FTP downloads
cvar cl_curl_maxspeed is "100000" ["500"] maximum download speed (KiB/s)
cvar cl_curl_useragent is "1" ["1"] send the User-Agent string (note: turning this off may break stuff)
cvar cl_curl_useragent_append is "0.8.1autobuild" ["0.8.1autobuild"] a string to append to the User-Agent string (useful for name and version number of your mod)
cvar sv_curl_defaulturl is "http://www.xonotic.org/contentdownload/getmap.php?file=" ["http://www.xonotic.org/contentdownload/getmap.php?file="] default autodownload source URL
cvar sv_curl_maxspeed is "0" ["0"] maximum download speed for clients downloading from sv_curl_defaulturl (KiB/s)
cvar sv_curl_serverpackages is "" [""] list of required files for the clients, separated by spaces
cvar sv_curl_serverpackages_auto is "1" ["1"] automatically add packs with *.serverpackage files to sv_curl_serverpackages
command curl: download data from an URL and add to search path
alias qc_curl: qc_cmd_svmenu qc_curl              ${* ?}
11 results

client cvars begin with cl_
server cvars begin with sv_
cvars that modify gameplay begin with g_ (can be used on server)

Instead of searching for cvars and commands in console you can use: http://xonotic.org/tools/cacs/

You can execute all kind of commands via rcon.
If you want to restrict rcon access you need to setup rcon restricted.
Code:
cvar rcon_restricted_commands is "restart fraglimit chmap gotomap endmatch reducematchtime extendmatchtime allready kick kickban" ...
cvar rcon_restricted_password is "" [""] password to authenticate rcon commands in restricted mode ...

The usage of rcon and rcon restricted does not differ.

Code:
rcon_password ***** // login with your password
rcon command        // execute commands on server

As mentioned by Halogene you need to write those cvars into the server's configuration file server.cfg. Otherwise they are lost if you close and start the xonotic server.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 661 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Since updating server from 0.8.5 to 0.8.6 the bots act weird Syntax-Error 0 1,490 09-15-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Syntax-Error
  [SOLVED] Bots not added topas-rec 3 871 03-31-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: topas-rec
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,806 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Xonotic server running behind UDP proxy not working doombringeroperator 3 4,036 11-21-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Zaphod
Big Grin Is it possible to change bot names from console, without changing bots.txt? YottaMxt 0 1,413 11-12-2022, 07:57 PM
Last Post: YottaMxt
  A certain server seems to manipulate stats of it's players by not listing some games nj 7 3,047 08-14-2022, 02:48 AM
Last Post: FAF
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,739 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  how to have blue team only with bots and red team 1 human player and 2 bots billyjoe 7 7,363 09-04-2021, 11:53 AM
Last Post: AndK
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 7,962 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: ballerburg9005