Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday is for Fragging!

Question 
Hey folks,

SPLAT and I will be hosting a live playing session tomorrow night! Join us on the Kansas public git server (96.44.146.149:26000) at 8 PM EDT (2 AM // 02:00 CEST) for a frag-filled Q&A session. We'll be available on my Mumble server (address: antzucaro.com, port: 64738) to answer your questions or to just plain chat. All skills welcome - We'll see you there!

Cheers,
-AB
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Awesome! It's a shame that I won't be able to make it because of my prior commitment. However, I want to encourage my fellow beginners to take advantage of such sessions. I learned most of my skills from generous mentors in the game like them.

Edited server IP and EU time into your post. Wink

Not sure if I will be still awake there, but maybe I can fire up my stream.

Someone should make a funky picture for that. Tongue

Server admins in NA should announce this in cat size letters to the casual players that don't follow the forum. Good ideas!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

See you there Tongue

BTW: If you're having issues (like I did) hearing people go to configure -> audio wizard -> output device to default. That worked for me.
[Image: 38443.png]

Probably be there

Thank you to all those who attended the event. I'd also like to thank my co-host SPLAT for the support. It was fantastic talking to you all on Mumble! We'll definitely be doing more events like this in the future, and my Mumble server is available for all of you to use regardless.

Aww damn. I missed it. I would have loved to join in. Catch you next time.

I'll be on this friday for those who would like to join us on the kansas server (96.44.146.149:26000) around 7pm EST. Antibody will be busy this week so he'll probably join us next time Tongue
I will also be on the mumble server he provided for those who were interested. Maybe we can do some duels or something.

(07-23-2015, 11:55 AM)SPLAT Wrote: I'll be on this friday for those who would like to join us on the kansas server (96.44.146.149:26000) around 7pm EST. Antibody will be busy this week so he'll probably join us next time Tongue
I will also be on the mumble server he provided for those who were interested. Maybe we can do some duels or something.

I won't be able to attend myself these weeks, but I will advertise it on my server; I will also turn off my server during that window to decrease distraction (I have a few players who regularly show up around 7pm EST).

Server admins, you may want to help advertise this, too. This is what I added to my server.cfg:

Code:
alias sv_hook_gameend "say Game over. Thanks for playing! Remember, Kansas server has Friday Is For Fragging every Friday around 11pm UTC (7pm EST, 6pm CST). Highly skilled players will be there to help you play better! See the forums.xonotic.org for more details. Go there! We'll be closed down during that time to support it."

Well yesterday we had a pretty nice turnout of players on BuddyFriendGuy's server. Although it wasn't exactly advertised or planned it still ended up being a good hour of deathmatch fun. I might upload a couple demos of the fragging Wink

If you guys post the next event here, I will be able to post it on Facebook. Smile

Star 
I got an Idea Idea Why don't we make an event where we gather all the players who want to participate, and we frag each other in the most rated gamemode ?

We can call the event like: The King of the Hill Tourney
*maybe* Angel
[Image: 69200.png]

Nothing is stopping you from doing this yourself...

(01-02-2016, 09:53 AM)Antibody Wrote: Nothing is stopping you from doing this yourself...

I need player even !! I don't know good the Xonotic Community, so we can make this event together (if you want Sleepy)
[Image: 69200.png]

I'd suggest to hang around on IRC to connect to people. Check out #xonotic.pickup on quakenet IRC. If you don't know IRC, have a look at webchat.quakenet.org and join the channel with the name #xonotic.pickup.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!