Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
all are welcome at hightime deathmatch

it is our deepest pleasure to introduce hightime deathmatch server, open to all, dedicated to fragging your friends 24/7

hightime vanilla ffa is a deathmatch config inspired by ciggaweed dm
hightime vanilla chill is a relaxed running / XDF server, config courtesy of morosophos

features include:

Smile vanilla post-stable ffa server with default built-in assets mostly and default settings wherever appropriate
Wink vanilla post-stable chill server with settings juiced up for maximum amusement
Smile all built-in maps ++
Angry served from a dedicated 4-core blade server on kansas backbone, with a guaranteed 100 mpbs up/downlink for that buttery smooth feeling
Rolleyes voting is enabled, and the management is open to establishing a democratic government with severely limited powers
Dodgy server logs are kept for debugging purposes only and are purged at 4:20 every day; the management pledges to continue this policy, and that no server log will ever be shared or published, to the extent that the law allows
Tongue strict freedom-of-expression policy, whereas no one will ever be banned for things they say in chat or the way they play the game
Cool management bent on doing the absolute possible minimum to just keep the servers running and enjoyable for all

Heart votables Heart

how-to

vhelp - shows all available votables; a condensed list is given below
vcall <votable> [<setting>] - calls a vote

built-ins

restart - restart current map
endmatch - end the match to select a new map
nextmap - set the next map without ending the match
gotomap - end the match and switch to a new map

skill - pass bot skill between 1 and 10 (default 10)

bot commands

twobots - set minplayers to 2
nobots - set minplayers to 0

defaults - reset to default votable settings

Heart hightime needs you  Heart

we are looking for admins to keep the cores warm. here's everything a hightime admin would need to know:

hightime mantra (apply whenever in crisis)

if you choose to do nothing, you are doing your job.

hightime code (apply all the time)

responsibilities: none
Sleepy
powers: rcon
Wink
never stifle free expression,
which includes statements of offensive
and politically incorrect opinions,
among other things.
Tongue
never be rude
(which is not the same as being offensive).
Angel
never share ips or any other private gamer info
with anyone except for the hightime management,
to the extent the law permits.
Cool

Tongue git the source ~ happy fragging Tongue
-= official website @ tehightime.net =-

Glad to see another server in the region. Some feedback, as encouraged by you:

1. Does your server send stats back to stats.xonotic.org? I couldn't seem to find records.

2. vcall is actually quite useful. For example, players may want to restart the game when there are enough people.

sv_weaponstats_file http://www.xonotic.org/weaponbalance/

remained enabled (default setting) so Huh please let us know what else can be wrong, since we think this feature is pretty benign and useful. although we wonder if they send player name strings...

as for voting, we are definitely open to rolling it out slowly, just as we keep getting more feedback from gamers such as yourself Heart

Do you have this line?

Code:
g_playerstats_uri "http://stats.xonotic.org/stats/submit" // send game stats to http://stats.xonotic.org/

we don't have that line, but thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. while we think ranked games are just as fun as unranked games, we'd like to remain an unranked server. Cool we are not really motivated by privacy concerns in this case, but as a bonus, player nicks won't be published as a result.

kudos to devs for the default setting on g_playerstats_uri Heart

(08-23-2015, 11:36 AM)lister Wrote: we don't have that line, but thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. while we think ranked games are just as fun as unranked games, we'd like to remain an unranked server. Cool we are not really motivated by privacy concerns in this case, but as a bonus, player nicks won't be published as a result.

Mostly I like the games I play being tracked so I can observe my progress over time, find out what my strength and weakness are, or just recall what maps I played the other day, and have something to motivate myself to improve.

I do like the fact that you provide diversity in the scene, in that one can choose to play an untracked game. It could be your server's selling point.

(08-23-2015, 11:36 AM)lister Wrote: we don't have that line, but thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. while we think ranked games are just as fun as unranked games, we'd like to remain an unranked server. Cool we are not really motivated by privacy concerns in this case, but as a bonus, player nicks won't be published as a result.

You can still track stats and remain unranked.
[Image: 38443.png]

as a courtesy to all of our visitors, as well as admins past, present, and future, we are dumping our (debian) server config. enjoy Smile

@lister: I am assuming that the rcon password isn't actually "12345" as per the config, otherwise you've got real problems. Tongue
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

(09-04-2015, 12:03 AM)cefiar Wrote: @lister: I am assuming that the rcon password isn't actually "12345" as per the config, otherwise you've got real problems. Tongue

oh crap, now we have to change the combination on our luggage as well...

For what it is worth, stats doesn't rank servers at all. Ranking occurs for players only, and that is only if they choose to enable tracking on their clients (cl_allow_uidtracking). I'd encourage you to enable stats for the server, which then lets you see a nice weekly server summary.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

so, just to clarify, as long as stats checkboxes are off in a client, our server won't collect/report stats on that client, regardless of server settings?

p.s. in the meanwhile, the server was upgraded to the latest stable, and stat collecting was enabled by using the line provided by BuddyFriendGuy. moreover, we moved things around internally to create a more robust config. happy fragging Heart

p.p.s. the update shreds, thanks a bunch HeartHeartHeart when we were whining earlier about maps, we did not expect THIS Smile

added vote options:

gib - toggle instagib and restart

мама, как нам справиться с глобальным потеплением?
покрепче прибивать косяки Big Grin

<3 love and frags, love and frags for everyone! <3

folks, just checking in... since we added the stats line, we've been checking the stats website, but nothing is showing up there, so we wonder whether it's working at all. please let us know!

edit: we think libcurl missing was the issue, at least installing it got rid of curses in the log, but more testing in underway...

<3

quick update: we are thrilled to report that the attendance is great, and the stats are live (for those who enabled tracking in the client): http://stats.xonotic.org/server/2852

<3

Angel

by popular demand, we have new vote options to deal with bots:

gib - toggle instagib and restart

bots - set minplayers to 4
nobots - set minplayers to 1
skill <number> - set bot skill to <number>
poke - kick bots and add them back; useful when they are stuck

happy fragging

Angel

look like our server is not submitting stats very reliably lately. looks like it submits them sometimes, but most of the time it does not. there should be way more games there than what is shown:

http://stats.xonotic.org/server/2852

nothing changed much in the last couple weeks (when this problem came to our attention), except may be some (debian) system updates. configuration hasn't changed in a while:

sv_weaponstats_file http://www.xonotic.org/weaponbalance/
g_playerstats_uri "http://stats.xonotic.org/stats/submit" // send game stats to http://stats.xonotic.org/

looking at the logs we see this here at the end of match:

^7Downloading http://www.xonotic.org/weaponbalance/ -> memory
^7Weapon stats writing failed: -404
^7Downloading http://stats.xonotic.org/stats/submit -> memory
^7Got response from player stats server:
^7 <html>
^7 <head>
^7 <title>200 OK</title>
^7 </head>
^7 <body>
^7 <h1>200 OK</h1>
^7 <br/><br/>
^7 OK
^7
^7
^7 </body>
^7 </html>
^7End of response.
^7Player stats written

and at the beginning of the next one:

^7-- Got response from player stats server:
^7 V 1
^7 R XonStat/1.0
^7 T 1478985966
^7 S http://stats.xonotic.org/player/12345
^7 P 0d8oucEKQGHClBtCAIIzpNYD8NuBiRJhXy3MzuJ0ML8=
^7 n ^2T^7H^2C^7
^7 i 49659
^7 e active-ind 1
^7 e location
^7 G ctf
^7 e elo 100
^7 G dm
^7 e elo 100
^7 G duel
^7 e elo 100
^7-- End of response.
^7Player stats synchronized with server

any insight is welcome!

Your server is showing up correctly in stats as far as I can tell from the logs. There are some games w/ bots that are not recorded because they do not meet the minimum number of players, but that is by design.

EDIT: what I can do is add an enhancement that provides a status message in the response body for games. It is worth noting that "blank" games still will get a 200 OK response, so that could be the source of your confusion.

Rainbow 
(11-13-2016, 08:29 AM)Antibody Wrote: Your server is showing up correctly in stats as far as I can tell from the logs. There are some games w/ bots that are not recorded because they do not meet the minimum number of players, but that is by design.

EDIT: what I can do is add an enhancement that provides a status message in the response body for games. It is worth noting that "blank" games still will get a 200 OK response, so that could be the source of your confusion.

thanks a bunch for takin' your time to look into this! may be the problem here is that we don't understand which games are reportable. games with one human player are not, right? what about games with more human players, but where ppl do not stay till the end or start at beginning? do 2 human players have to play through the entire game for it to show up in the xonstats table?

Sure, no problem! As a matter of fact I should create a Wiki entry for this somewhere...but yes, two players have to stay through the entire game for it to be recorded. If people (rage)quit before the end of the match, the system gives them the benefit of the doubt by removing their record entirely. If the result of *that* looks like only one person played then it won't be recorded.

(11-13-2016, 05:57 PM)Antibody Wrote: Sure, no problem! As a matter of fact I should create a Wiki entry for this somewhere...but yes, two players have to stay through the entire game for it to be recorded. If people (rage)quit before the end of the match, the system gives them the benefit of the doubt by removing their record entirely. If the result of *that* looks like only one person played then it won't be recorded.

ok so the last match we monitored had 2 human players, and they both started the game, and one of the players quit after the match was over, but before the next one began, so during the choose-next-map phase. this match was not recorded.

hehe... we should just test it internally with 2 players who won't quit, right? we'll come back with more conclusive evidence.

Idea thanks to some яusskis we realized we got a new id, and the games are reported ok Idea

Tongue http://stats.xonotic.org/server/8126 Tongue

Please see my latest post about some server cleanup here. I believe your server was among those I corrected. Additionally you should now see text-based HTTP response bodies in your server logs after games, hopefully making it easier for you to see if a game was truly accepted or not. Previously they had HTML output, making them a little difficult to see. Details on what was changed are here.

thanks! looks like everything is working as intended... Cool

Music 
autobuild-based gib server is up, and our initial testing is showing occasional and very short lag/dc spikes, which are remarkably absent from the other instances, including the stable ffa one. we suspect the autobuild, but more testing is on the way.

also, we finally gave up on preserving the first post, and brought it in sync with reality Wink

~ happy fragging ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mutator all weapon saddesad 1 1,689 11-27-2020, 11:45 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Variables for max health + all weapons Duckman 2 2,843 05-21-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Duckman
  [NEED HELP] g_maplist for all voteable gametypes savale 3 2,834 03-31-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: savale
  [SOLVED] Disable Freeze Tag All-Weapons Spawn / Hooney Duel Antares* 3 2,946 04-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  new irc for all duel servers Ch4mp 3 4,742 08-07-2016, 03:13 AM
Last Post: end user
  Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! wannawin 8 8,373 02-19-2016, 05:50 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  all-inclusive server-side demo BuddyFriendGuy 8 7,777 05-16-2015, 01:37 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  When using ./all run dedicated multiple instance different cfg file end user 1 3,028 04-29-2013, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SOLVED] Where did all the ammo come from ?? -maniac|Su- 19 14,898 04-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-