Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Spectator mode overhaul

while in spec mode, there's no indication who is being shot. could there be a function that floats the name of the player over their heads so speccing can be more useful in CTF mode? or at least make it so when you're speccing, you see exactly what the person you're speccing sees/hears.

the way nexuiz does it really bothers me. you don't know who is fragging who or who is capping. know what i mean?

I agree with u. It would be a nice idea to put names above players' heads when in spectating mode.
maybe this should be a pull ?

I agree, many times I've been confused to see a frag but not see the centerprint of that frag.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

iirc there is a broadcast message telling who got fragged (not shot) each time .. are you sure you're checking the upper part of the screen?

(06-11-2010, 09:10 PM)mand1nga Wrote: iirc there is a broadcast message telling who got fragged (not shot) each time .. are you sure you're checking the upper part of the screen?

well, I have to say "BAH".
Tongue
of course we know about these messages.

I'd also like to see when the player is zooming, as sometimes they make shots over huge distances, and you wonder "Did they use zoom?".

I agree with Roanoke that the centerprint should be visible to the spectator as well.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

i would just like to free spectate without the scoreboard in my face . ya hteres a cvar for it but ... but . sometimes i like to watch a teams base . and if i want to see the stats , just like while im playing , press tab
I have no signature . That is all .

Someone make a feature request for this on the tracker Wink

(06-12-2010, 04:50 AM)clanclanclan Wrote: I'd also like to see when the player is zooming, as sometimes they make shots over huge distances, and you wonder "Did they use zoom?".

Only broadcasting zoom would be uneffective.
I myself used a combination of fov scripts to obtain controlled zooming: unless fov too is shared there is no way of knowing the current zooming status in spectator mode. But I don't know about the overhead needed for a smooth experience...

On the other hand, player names in specmode would be a great feature. Thumbs up!

http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/118
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

I don't agree about the zooming. not necessary and maybe ugly, just not a good idea

(06-12-2010, 11:33 AM)tankmiche Wrote: On the other hand, player names in specmode would be a great feature. Thumbs up!

Player names even when not spectating could be nice to quickly see who is who. A much easier version of what we have now is needed IMO, since it's often hard to see someone's name who is moving at a fast speed (to make it even harder you have to lead your aim afaik due to lag)
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Zoom IS being broadcast when spectating.

And such nameshowing should not be spectator mode dependent. I'd like this as a general feature, and once we have CSQC player prediction done, we actually can do it.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

By zoom they mean FOV changes, I think.

i would be satisfied if while speccing, you see the same thing the player sees, including FOV if possible! that would be next-level stuff.

great to see others agree on the spec mode attention to detail

Another thing is that I can't see accuracy when spectating (I mean when I hold ALT I see empty numbers).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Sumo game mode BuddyFriendGuy 2 1,978 02-24-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Some "modern" Suggestions (Wipeout Mode, Electro Color) NoClue 1 1,987 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Mario
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] A NEW GAME MODE - HIDE AND SEEK! Kotangens 5 3,667 07-30-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [SUGGESTION] Destroyable Health mode. Magician 11 7,715 03-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Relic Duels (game mode) munyul 5 4,833 02-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Borderless (Fullscreen) Windowed Mode Iokast 0 3,219 07-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Iokast
  [SUGGESTION] Zombie mode verretor 4 5,234 09-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] CTF/FT hybrid game mode end user 9 11,403 08-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Portal-like/Puzzle/Gauntlet game mode? Re.Boot 10 13,077 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Alt fire mode for Nex instead of scope? Smilecythe 28 31,399 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune