• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic 0.8.1 Released!

Xonotic 0.8.1 is out! Aw yer!

Torrent
HTTP Download

MD5: f7a9cd8ab68a00336acca164f983b569
Package size: 940M

If you already have Xonotic, upgrade to the release with these steps:

- Navigate to your Xonotic installation folder.
- Navigate to the misc/tools/rsync-updater folder.
- Execute the update-to-release.sh (for Linux or Mac) or update-to-release.bat (for Windows) and wait for it to complete.
- Profit. You're done!

Read full info about new features at the blog post!

We hope you all enjoy it. See you out on the servers soon. As always - happy fragging!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Yay!

#xonotic.pickup

Whoop whoop!
[Image: 9214.png]

It looks awesome! I'll play it as soon as the Arch Linux package is updated (based on 0.8, Saturday)!
I am Xonotic, and so can you!
Pwnage, a close relative of sausage.
Look how terrible I am:
[Image: 20796.png]

Congrats Team! \o/ Big Grin
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Congrats to the team! Big Grin

Yay! really, the 0.0.1 version change has bigger changes then some 0.1 version number changes.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

nice Smile
[Image: 867.jpg]

Cool, downloading! :3

EDIT: Nice update to the scroll and the UI looks much better, it's all about the details!

nice - nice Smile Heart

Server already updated too ...

GreetZ Su

Wasnt there the intention not to add old stuff from nexuiz?

Why does final rage has such a low level of detail?

Why not add something new? Like http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=4353
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I don't think final rage has a low level of detail. Some things could always be added, but there's nothing wrong with it. It has a solid layout and has proven to be VERY popular in duels. Also, it isn't an either/or thing. We didn't exclude some map because we chose to include FR! We like maps (and mappers) Big Grin

As for your map - if you'd like us to consider adding it, I do believe we need to have the sources. There's also apparently licensing concerns. Last but not least, we'd want the author to actually want it to be included.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Looking forward to playing around with this, version 0.8.0 was giving me issues.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

For those wondering: The getdeb package doesn't support the update process listed in the first post. I've prodded them to update the package to 0.8.1.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/getdeb.net/+bug/1489721
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

Hype!!! Big Grin Nice to see Warfare in this release! Thank you very much!

But I wonder how the map managed to get a fixed skybox + lighting? The autobuild server always failed at this when I tried. Are there any fixes I missed?

EDIT:
Ah well, no. After downloading 0.8.1 I realised that it is not fixed. Sunlighting is still missing, fog is not there either plus the water reflections are disabled on this map... Doh. Sad Needs fixing... argh! See this post: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...9#pid73479

To the dev team and contributors: Excellent release, thank you. Somehow the performance with xonotic-sdl increased significantly on Linux w/ Intel drivers, that's great!
[Image: badge]

(08-27-2015, 03:52 PM)Antibody Wrote: As for your map - if you'd like us to consider adding it, I do believe we need to have the sources. There's also apparently licensing concerns. Last but not least, we'd want the author to actually want it to be included.

mapsource is included in version 4. the models are mainly from the game the game the authers of the models which are not from the game are from monad and qbit, so licensing shouldnt be a big problem.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

As an addendum, Luma is not only the menu theme,
but also includes a new HUD theme and simple items Big Grin

[Image: S3cEXxe.jpg]

You can use the simple items with
Code:
cl_simple_items 1
cl_simpleitems_postfix "_luma"

Nice one! Was gonna ask about those sev. They look awesome
[Image: 38443.png]

Simple items still not visible on r_showsurfaces 3 Sad

Any chance you could make the simple item sprites ignore the command?

edit: How's the item timers? Do you see timers for any items picked or just the ones you picked? Also are they votable and possible to turn off in tournaments, or pickup servers?

The itemtimer shows Megas and powerups. In the future also 50s (already in hit). Currently it just displays only one item of there are two same items on the map (50 armors on Fuse for example).

It is shown in warmup and for spectators (as the player wishes) but not to players in the match.

All in all pretty much like shown in QL streams and not like Reflex.

I can't get the new simple items, I get the old ones when I enable them through UI and cl_simpleitems.

(08-29-2015, 09:56 AM)machine! Wrote: I can't get the new simple items, I get the old ones when I enable them through UI and cl_simpleitems.

Make sure you set the correct postfix:
Code:
cl_simpleitems_postfix "_luma"

The change should take effect after the next mapload or restart.

FYI: The Getdeb packages for Xonotic appear to have been built for 0.8.1.
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Xonotic 0.8.2 released! Antibody 35 47,366 04-14-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Th3 TqMaZ45
  XonStat data snapshot released Antibody 10 14,352 01-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic 0.8 Released! Antibody 77 94,171 02-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: nowego4
  Xonotic 0.7 Released! Antibody 92 167,912 12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Last Post: sol-invictus
  ZeroQL has released his fragmovie! CuBe0wL 0 6,189 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Xonotic 0.5 Released mand1nga 101 127,649 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: dli
  Automatic Update Script for Autobuilds Released Antibody 1 10,331 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Xonotic 0.1 Preview Released merlijn 63 83,291 02-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: chooksta