Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[soundcon] Nanite

Music 
Hello guys,

This is my WIP submission for the contest.

So for now, not a submission yet, but here's what I got: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51891186/Nanite.mp3

I will continue to post updates on this track on this thread, when I feel it is done I will post a link to this thread on the sound contest thread.

Enjoy, and feedback is welcome!

Track is finished

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/nanite
OGG for in-game (with loop markers): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5189...Nanite.ogg
MP3 for home listening: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5189...Nanite.mp3
Full Source with info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5189...Nanite.zip

Additional Explanation as requested:

This is a soft and spacious track, meant for space-themed maps, it is not really meant for a specific map from the other contest.

I think it fits Xonotic's vibe of futuristic and floaty combat, and I felt that this type of softer music was lacking in the game (Jumping in Space is the only track of similar type).

It would also fit the main menu, since the main menu is largely space themed anyway, and the track is not too intense.
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

This sounds great!

I understand this is not a submission yet, but I want to make sure submissions come with some explanation on how and why do you think your music fits Xonotic.

If you identify a map for your music to go with, I can even put your music on the server for people to experience it during the game.

0:29
O_o

0:56
o_O

1:24
O_O

I don't know much about this type of music so its difficult to give any feedback. Soundtrack is diverse and has logical layout and has plenty of futuristic space into it. Its not over complicated neither too simple. I like to think that the beginning and end of it is the sound of a heart.
Theme from 1:24 also heard at the end of the soundtrack is absolutely THE BEST... Maybe more of it on different heights or perhaps different intervals then octave? Dunno if using right words but this what your music makes of me. Speechless

Keep it up, man!

I can't really provide you with expert opinions on music, but as far as end user experiences goes: I would hugely enjoy having this as the main Xonotic soundtrack. Well done.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

(08-27-2015, 07:22 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: This sounds great!

I understand this is not a submission yet, but I want to make sure submissions come with some explanation on how and why do you think your music fits Xonotic.

If you identify a map for your music to go with, I can even put your music on the server for people to experience it during the game.

Done, I'm going to wrap it up today, giving it another listen and adding/changing some minor things to give it a finished touch.

Then I'll add everything required, such as the project files and the loop-able ogg.

(08-28-2015, 05:33 AM)Justin Wrote: 0:29
O_o

0:56
o_O

1:24
O_O

I don't know much about this type of music so its difficult to give any feedback. Soundtrack is diverse and has logical layout and has plenty of futuristic space into it. Its not over complicated neither too simple. I like to think that the beginning and end of it is the sound of a heart.
Theme from 1:24 also heard at the end of the soundtrack is absolutely THE BEST... Maybe more of it on different heights or perhaps different intervals then octave? Dunno if using right words but this what your music makes of me. Speechless

Keep it up, man!

Thanks for the feedback Justin! I don't think the layout of the track is going to change, sometimes keeping certain elements in a track rare is going to make them more attractive, and I feel this is one of those cases Big Grin

The track is largely done, and I'm only adding/changing minor things, such as misplaced notes/clips, mastering, and some additional ambience.

(08-28-2015, 06:04 AM)PinkRobot Wrote: I can't really provide you with expert opinions on music, but as far as end user experiences goes: I would hugely enjoy having this as the main Xonotic soundtrack. Well done.

This is not a bad idea, hadn't thought of it myself to be honest, thanks for the comment Big Grin

Nice, it clearly a track that perfectly suits its intended purpose. Awesome sound design, great mixing and mastering and you really think of space and stars when listening.

Personally I like more intense music, in general, so I'm biased. But the ambient nature of this track makes me think that if I heard this in game I wouldn't really think of it and it would just enhance the experience. As a track to simply listen to I found it pretty boring, I mostly concentrated on the bass which I loved the sound of but the bassline itself was pretty plain. I'm not saying making it more complex or such would necessarily make the track better though. I also liked the white noise "boomy" sound, it reminds me of a sound I made in sunvox long time ago.

I also like how this has this clear Archer-theme to it, I like many tracks in-game so I would maybe not want this 100% but I think if all music in-game was from you it would be really really nice because the whole game will have this unified awesome atmosphere (and other tracks of yours are more intense so people like me would be satisfied too).

Fixed the source link, Dropbox thought it was a good idea to randomly go around and delete files.

I might make some adjustments to the track's mastering when I got time, but that will come later.

Archer, considering the track's current high quality, we can include this version in the release, and update it when you revise it. I'll put it in git.

(10-05-2015, 06:49 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: Archer, considering the track's current high quality, we can include this version in the release, and update it when you revise it. I'll put it in git.

Alright, how will it be used though?

(10-07-2015, 08:31 AM)Archer Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 06:49 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: Archer, considering the track's current high quality, we can include this version in the release, and update it when you revise it. I'll put it in git.

Alright, how will it be used though?

When Erbium is ready, Nanite will be used as the official background music for that one.

EDIT 2015-10-26: Per Mario, Erbium is ready but will be added right before the next release, to prevent nightly servers from assuming clients already having Erbium.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [soundcon] No Time Flat by machine machine! 6 7,017 08-30-2015, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Justin
Music [soundcon] Cry Link BuddyFriendGuy 6 9,135 08-21-2015, 05:03 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy