Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video: Xonotic 0.8.1 overview

asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Nice video, but your competitive graphics settings make it look a bit bland... for a promotional video higher settings would be probably better.

Sigh...I can't win. I make a video with higher effects at 720p and I get requests for 1080p. I make a 1080p video but dial down the effects and get this. My video card can't handle both.

Thanks for the shoutout in the video!

I don't have much experience with video recording, but isn't it
possible to record a demo with ultra settings at a defined framerate?
I have to agree that ramping up the effects wouldn't hurt.

Verbal delivery is on point though, you are great to listen to Big Grin

See cl_capturevideo cvars!

Thanks for the shoutout in the video, Antibody!

I'm aware of the cl_capturevideo cvars. They don't cut it! What I *need* is live recording of both the video content and my voice through the mic. This is not possible via the stock capturevideo cvars. My options on Linux are basically OBS, simplescreenrecorder, or gtkrecordmydesktop. OBS fits the bill nicely, but obviously comes at a performance premium given the work it has to do.

Gone are the days where I had copious free time to pre-record and then go back and add vocals via audacity. Besides being a time-suck, it really downgrades the authenticity of the videos. Things work much better if you get the true, unprepared "me" in the video.

Or probably record your narration with the live video, and then produce the hi-res video from the demo files, and then remux them back (a few screenshots can help the syncing). Still, very time consuming though.

Antibody, couldn't you pre-record your video/demos without watching it first then record the audio over them? That why you're not spoiling the result for yourself and you can keep that authenticity Big Grin
[Image: 38443.png]

@BuddyFriendGuy and SPLAT - this works in only the most simplistic scenario - doing duel commentaries. This falls on its face when you want to include interaction with the UI, changing maps, or including other peoples' voices.

I'm doing my best, guys. I'll try to get all the flash and high-res for the next one, perhaps by putting a bit more time into tweaking the video recording settings in OBS.

@Antibody: Stuff 'em. Your best is plenty good enough. Keep up the good work.
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

Ah, I totally missed about the UI. And I very much agree with cefiar that your best is already great!

Yeah, keep up the great work on these vids! And don't listen to the 1080p people... 98% of all people will not put the video into full screen and for a in browser box, 720p is already big.

I really like the video, you're great to listen to and it comes across just very authentic. It's not a trailer or anything that is supposed to showcase the beauty of Xonotic's graphics, it's just what it is supposed to be - an insight into what's new, granted by a developer. Thank you so much Antibody!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

thanks for the video antibody! also for the mapcontest video .... was doing a great job to show friends the new stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Xonotic 0.8.2 Release Overview Antibody 8 10,820 11-16-2017, 12:03 PM
Last Post: zwz
  Video: The Evolution of a Map Antibody 9 14,999 05-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Halogene