Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A frag video with a twist

It had been a while since I had made a xonotic video of any kind(1.5 years!) and I have been thinking of new ideas for videos for a while. I've done basic frag clips, basic frag videos, frag videos where the focus is surviving combat at low HP, rocket guiding things, etc. I wanted to do something a little different but I wasn't sure what. I thought of doing a frag video in third person or trying to emulate a sports broadcast with third person cameras, commentary, and instand replays over the course of a full duel... but that's hard and I'm lazy.

Then, about a month ago while I was playing Trackmania on a server with custom music, a song came on that gave me inspiration for a different kind of video. Hearing this song got the creative juices flowing and gave me the idea of a frag video from the victim's perspective. I didn't want to use old clips so I started playing a lot with thimo and antibody (and a few others, like splat who killed me a lot but was too damn routine and professional about it to have many 'special' clips... only map lockdowns and easy wins for him). While I was parsing through the last 3+ weeks worth of demos, I had enough clips of my own to do a normal "act 1" with my frags followed up by an "act 2" from the other side of the rockets.

This video could have used a bit more time for editing and polish(it just cuts to black when the outro happens, bad placeholder text between acts 1 & 2, etc) but I hit the "public" button on youtube with this cut, so here we are!

[Image: 2823.png]

Good stuff! Keep it coming.. Wink

thimo got so raped...! Big Grin

Very nice srkdy, your gamestyle surely is good for eye and makes a lot of movie frags and moments. Also your this movie idea reminds me of a finnish UT movie made by clan [w]hiners, where they included a humour-part with their silliest mistakes and so, it kinda became their trademark and everyone waited for that part the most! Big Grin

Hope you have time to put up more movies =))

All the best for you, may canada lose to finland since today!

Great video! I really liked the idea of showing it from the perspective of the victim
[Image: 29271.png]

<Samual> Everybody better be playing I Wish by Skee-Lo, it is the song of my duels!

Excellent choice of music. I really like how the clarinet in the first song emphasizes the non-serious, light and fun aspect of the game. Timing of the clips to the text of the second song is also very good. To me, both songs generate a really good atmosphere for the vid.

It's rare for me that I can identify with protagonists of a fragmovie, but the second part really connected. GOOD JOB!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

nice vid Smile
[Image: 38443.png]

Thimo gets fragged so much, unfair! I want some too!

I'am good at dying! Something i can be proud of man! Do not breach to my area of expertise, sire =)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,667 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,764 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,660 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,859 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Last Post: zeroql
  Demos from the Crypt (Xonotic VIDEO) kojn^ 7 4,774 02-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 3,965 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
Video Xonotic: Video on Demand (VoD) node357 434 344,980 12-08-2017, 03:49 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Some non-pro gameplay video unfa 9 6,832 07-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 14,801 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM