Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DX Revision!

DX Revision released tomorrow evening.

Anyone who doesn't know what it is:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-revision

https://www.dx-revision.com/

Looks amazing, some of the screenshots of what they have done with the locations looks truely awesome also. New locations/buildings and they filled the worlds/maps with a lot more stuff.

So who will be playing? Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Oh nice thanks for reminding me. I wanted to play this again Big Grin

Love the Deus Ex series
[Image: 38443.png]

No problem SPLAT. Play it with revision! Smile

30 minutes to go now until it's released, yay!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Anyone wanting to try this mod you're in luck! Theres a Steam deal going on right now, 80% off Deus Ex GOTY edition. Get it while its hot! You'll need it to play the mod.
[Image: 38443.png]

Been playing it off and on lately. From what I've seen, it looks like they stuck to a lot of the environment changes they made for the demo version they released several years and surprisingly the new soundtrack seems to better suited for the majority of the game (though I still prefer the original Battery Park theme). Thanks to the new map design and better overall gameplay, this is easily the best version of Deus Ex, though it sadly is without most of the improvements that the PlayStation 2 version of the game had.

Things I would have liked from Deus Ex: The Conspiracy, my previous favorite Deus Ex version:
I wish they would've taken a page out of the PlayStation 2 version of the game when it came to the intro, in the more dramatic PS2 version the two masterminds behind everything had their faces shrouded with darkness and their names didn't appear in the subtitles, making them a complete mystery almost until you go on the run from UNATCO. For this reason, I've always told new players to look the PS2 intro up on youtube first before loading the PC version and then skipping the one in the PC version when they start a new game. Getting permission to include the FMVs from that game would've drastically improved the intro and endings of the game. Other things from the PlayStation 2 game I would've liked to see brought in include better animation (PS2's were motion captured and the mouth movements didn't suck), possibly the models (the new ones included are technically more detailed, but seem kinda off), and some of the interface cleanups (PS2 had a VERY good interface, though it did break the game because it allowed you to carry too much) such as: displaying codes you ran across when you open keypads/terminals, not placing every damn thing you run across in your toolbelt, nanokeys activate automatically without switching items, no need for medbot to install biomods, using medbots just restores all health each time, possible dedicated weapon slots (in the PS2 version, you were restricted to how many non-melee weapons you can have, however the slots for those couldn't be used for other things), etc.

Things I would have liked from other games:
The shooting is still atrocious. They should've taken a note from Human Revolution in fixing this regard or if they wanted a realistic approach, Infiltration for Unreal Tournament.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.