Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warpzone "seeing the other side"

Hi
I've added a Warpzone to my map, I am able to travel and shoot through it - that all works fine. What does not work are the visuals, no matter what I've tried, I can not "see the other side".

I did a search here in the forums and found a post that said you needed to keep a gap behind the warpzone (approx 2x player width) and that both warpzone triggers needed to be the same size - done that, didn't work.

I have also been using one of the original base maps as a reference, seeing how it was done there ... They didn't have a gap at all behind the warpzone, but the two triggers were the same size. Other than strange rotation angles (instead of 0, it was 0.000001) I can't see anything that I've missed.

Can someone point me to a design guide? Or maybe a video that shows how it's done?

Thx

I don't have any experiences with mapping and Netradiant at all, but I remember that you had to turn on "reflections" in the client in order to see through the warpzone - and maps with warpzones are supposed to force this setting clientside in order to work properly. You probably know this already but I thought I'd mention this for the unlikely case you didn't. Otherwise I am confident someone more experienced with stuff like this will help you here anytime soon.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(10-27-2015, 03:59 AM)Halogene Wrote: maps with warpzones are supposed to force this setting clientside in order to work properly. You probably know this already but I thought I'd mention this for the unlikely case you didn't.
Hi Halogene
Thanks for the info, no I didn't know that.

Do you happen to know how to force that setting from within a map? Wink

Put this into your mapinfo:

Code:
clientsettemp_for_type all r_water 1

btw, are you the creator of Final Rage?

(10-27-2015, 05:02 AM)Mirio Wrote: Put this into your mapinfo:

Code:
Thanks for the info, I'll tested it soon.
I'm sure it will work - turning on Refections in the console worked Smile

(10-27-2015, 05:02 AM)Mirio Wrote: btw, are you the creator of Final Rage?
Smile yes, though it was originally called "Final Honors" and created a long time ago. The current version has been somewhat modified, but I did recognise it the first time I saw it Wink

Make more duel maps Big Grin
[Image: 38443.png]

Thanks for the awesome map!

Munyal,

Good to see you here! Thanks for all of your contributions. They are all fantastic!

I hope you get your issue resolved. Let me know how I can help.

-AB
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Munyul Welcome To Xonotic, by the way love your duel maps there great Smile

@Mirio, thanks for the info. In the end I got it working by adding the following two lines into the mapinfo file:

Code:
clientsettemp_for_type all r_water_resolutionmultiplier 1

@everyone else, thanks for the greetings and great comments Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Specific case of warpzone rendering item once; after being picked up, never again Antares* 0 2,352 10-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Can't Select Warpzone's Patch mesh Antares* 3 2,009 09-02-2017, 06:39 PM
  [SOLVED] Bots spaz out at teleporter / warpzone on the ceiling Antares* 10 4,783 09-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Last Post: terencehill
  Warpzone Causing QuakeC Crash Antares* 2 1,905 08-27-2017, 01:56 PM
  Warpzone issues / troubleshooting Notavi 9 5,117 06-08-2016, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Mario
  Merge request the other way Cortez666 1 2,507 09-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  How to get rid of the line on edge of warpzone? Penguinum-tea 6 6,395 03-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Penguinum-tea
  [TLC required] Maps, packs, textures, other stuff in progress I never finished -z- 0 4,599 12-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Last Post: -z-
  [ASE] Warpzone Container Minkovsky 2 3,976 11-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Minkovsky
  [solved] other effectinfo for additional effects (eg. for maps) _para 3 4,906 06-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Last Post: -z-