Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SUGGESTION] Fireball launcher suggestions

I don't know if this deserves a separate thread, but I think it's a good idea to make one thread per weapon, because when weapon balancing issues/suggestions are all in one thread, things get messy and I can't follow the posts, I usually read the first page then the last page.

so anyway:

-- Ammo:

- It should have it's own ammo type and not use jetpack fuel as it currently does. I don't know since when it uses fuel, or maybe it was like that from the beginning. Anyway, I think that's a bad idea because *when u have the jetpack enabled*, the fuel refills automatically and is capped to a certain amount above which it starts to decrease automatically, that's not a normal behaviour for ammo !

-- Switching primary/secondary:

- It should use the _small_ burning fire ball (mineballs) as its primary and the _huge_ one that makes a great impact as its secondary i.e. switch current primary/secondary.

-- Most important suggestion: balancing & function:

- the current secondary fire (_small_ fireball or mineballs) should be a little bit faster. I don't think this will allow spamming because it already costs a lot of ammo (5 fuel) so it will not last for long. Plus I think it's easy to avoid its fireballs (they are slow with low range) and frag the one firing them.

- Actually the secondary fire is non-practical at all, I've just been trying it, I adjusted refire from 2 secs to 0.1, then fired 3 balls and *_stood_* on them, and just when I was about 15 health (it took about 1.5 seconds to damage me from 100 health to 15, and that's _3_ balls), I simply jumped away, and that's it !, I'm not killed ! I mean honestly can u frag someone with that weapon?

so in general these small fireballs or mineballs are not an effective weapon compared to other weapons, so:
- it should be more dangerous: shorter refire, maybe 1 secs instead of 2, and more damage, I suggest triple damage.
OR:
- *** A very good idea also *** to make it effective like other weapons: maybe make it **sticky** ?? and decrease refire a little bit to 1.5 seconds instead of 2, and make it stick until it consumes 33 health. About armor penetration... I don't know how it works internally, but I think armor should provide good shield against it since it's fire.

-- Last unnecessary note: ( you can skip reading this )

I think the fireball is a very good weapon (unique), I say that because it seems the seeker is taking its place:
in Nexuiz most weapons arena I see fireball and no seeker, in Xonotic I see seeker and no fireball. and they both use same model, _in case_ this is an attempt to replace it, I think they should be both available, and of course one of them should have a new model.

Yes, I understand what you mean. You should call them "firemines", though, that is their name Tongue
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

By default, fuel does NOT autorefill. There is a pickup item that causes automatic refill, and in some modes that item is equipped by default (especially if the jetpack mutator is on).

Does not mean you can't put the jetpack as ITEM on a map, and then fuel behaves like other ammo types.

And yes, we need a new model. But for that we need someone to make it.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(06-14-2010, 02:45 AM)divVerent Wrote: By default, fuel does NOT autorefill. There is a pickup item that causes automatic refill, and in some modes that item is equipped by default (especially if the jetpack mutator is on).

Does not mean you can't put the jetpack as ITEM on a map, and then fuel behaves like other ammo types.

well, guess I'm a bit stupid Big Grin
I was talking as if u have to have the jetpack mutator enabled, I didn't think about the possibility that u can have the fireball without the jetpack, since I don't see any fuel ammo on any map (but I know it does exist, I created one in netradient).

so this specific point should be: the fireball should have separate ammo instead of fuel, so there are no conflicts when jetpack is enabled (no automatic (in/de)crease)
I'll edit my first post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Some "modern" Suggestions (Wipeout Mode, Electro Color) NoClue 1 1,993 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Movement + sound related suggestions Smilecythe 13 9,875 12-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] A couple of suggestions Lee_Stricklin 0 2,328 12-05-2016, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] minstagib mechanics & suggestions lister 10 7,934 12-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Last Post: lister
  [SUGGESTION] A small Xonotic launcher Sigma 24 27,587 10-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Rocket Launcher model idea Beagle 5 6,058 05-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] Add "FPS" to .desktop Launcher electricprism 1 2,692 05-22-2015, 01:33 AM
Last Post: machine!
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestions for controls and HUD Denterroquet 15 15,014 01-06-2015, 01:10 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  [SUGGESTION] Steam: why not an independent closed source launcher? Ferk 14 16,513 11-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Last Post: djstrikes3
  [SUGGESTION] Reversion Balance - Feedback / Suggestions asyyy 0 3,249 10-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: asyyy