Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Deph of field?

maybe an effect like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc9JWYuUa...re=related

i know ode is supported etc but i found a open source 3d physics engine but i dont know if its compatible:
http://bulletphysics.org/wordpress/

its interesting but what do you think?

I cannot imagine this kind of effect in a fps, at least not this type of fps. I mean, the game doesn't know what you are looking at, I think it would be very annoying, it would be like watching your old family videos where whoever is filming has focus on background wall instead of the crying baby in the chair close the camera. NICE DETAILS ON THE WALL BUT BABY IS BLURRY, DAMMIT.

On the other hand, a rubberduck launcher would be awesome.

This is a bit better demonstration of depth of field for an FPS, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdW1v9TPNYw

However, it would probably be rather slow if implemented. (I should know, i've tried before.) Personally I don't think it's worth it, not many people will use it and it's not exactly that good of an effect in the first place for a fast paced FPS.

Assuming it's nothing as ridiculous as UT3 or Call of Duty, it would be a neat effect, but it really isn't necessary and most people will probably just switch it off.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

yes but it would cool in combination with motion blur for the people, who want it more realistic (motion blur has same usability as fod)

So basically, make all players myopic?
100% rate of myopia is not realistic...
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

I think this feature could be neat for some games, only the FPS gamestyle doesn't allow it.
And what should be implemented? A full focus on the center of the screen and somehow blurry edges are far simpler to implement and not so resource-wasting; still only a few people would enable it, as human eyes to the work already.

Of course this is my opinion, but still...

(05-18-2010, 11:28 AM)nifrek Wrote: On the other hand, a rubberduck launcher would be awesome.

I agree, but only if rubber ducks actually are proximity-ignited mines. That can float over water/lava. And wander in pools.

I think a really cool idea would be to replace the health packs with beer.

Oh wait.

Myself @alienTRAP Wrote:Here is my Halloween map Big Grin
Types: CTF, DOM, and the entityless types like dm...
Link: Halloween_final.pk3
[...]
Health and armor models are replaced:
[Image: nexuiz000281.jpg]

and you really need realtime lighning for the thunder effects Wink

like this?

YES! Beer and cigarettes restore health lol

Oh wait.

Except if you pick up too many cigarettes your max speed decreases...
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestion: Depth of field sunnybubblegum 21 20,104 03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
Wink [SUGGESTION] "Gamename" field for Xonotic forum Soelen 0 3,169 04-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Soelen