Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
factions:human

It's very hard to believe this is your first model in blender. It's amazing! Anyways I can help you rig and animate the player and export it to the game when you are finished texturing and any other fixes you want to complete.

(06-25-2010, 09:49 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: It's very hard to believe this is your first model in blender. It's amazing! Anyways I can help you rig and animate the player and export it to the game when you are finished texturing and any other fixes you want to complete.

thank you all, I hope that tonight up the model, I hope you can choose and play with it. as I said before I am now starting the male model and color variations in red armor. Wink

one more preview:

Attached Files
.png   Pantallazo.png (Size: 136 KB / Downloads: 181)

ok the model is finished (see post 1), but as I upload the file to the wiki?

ugluck, do you were able to accomplish some excellent work in a very short time period. I was hoping maybe you'd be interested in helping this concept come to life. I would be forever grateful Smile

You can upload at omploader.org and pm or post the link here

(06-25-2010, 01:53 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: You can upload at omploader.org and pm or post the link here

ok, thanks

http://omploader.org/vNHIyOQ

hope you like
update(first post)

I have made and uploaded the model in red, please note that the quality is not the same as the blue model and it shows it was designed first in blue. But I hope you like.

you can download both versions on fisrt page Wink

Attached Files
.png   red.png (Size: 163.32 KB / Downloads: 159)

Very interesting model.
However, you don't design separate models for every color - color is switched automatically, though I'm not sure by what mechanism.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

(06-25-2010, 01:51 PM)-z- Wrote: ugluck, do you were able to accomplish some excellent work in a very short time period. I was hoping maybe you'd be interested in helping this concept come to life. I would be forever grateful Smile

I'm too busy doing the male model now. moreover, a ninja does not fit into the universe xonotic-
in the other hand the concept looks good,

(06-27-2010, 06:49 AM)ugluck Wrote: moreover, a ninja does not fit into the universe xonotic

I'd have to disagree, I think futuristic tech ninja can fit in but I understand if you're busy with other things.

(06-27-2010, 09:06 AM)-z- Wrote:
(06-27-2010, 06:49 AM)ugluck Wrote: moreover, a ninja does not fit into the universe xonotic

I'd have to disagree, I think futuristic tech ninja can fit in but I understand if you're busy with other things.

ok, with a futuristic twist may be right. I will do some concepts and i publish in your post shortly. I hope you enjoy and If you like i start has to do it.

ps: But I have in mind parallel robots air dessarolloar terminators

That is fine, I think we're thinking on along the same lines now. One of the emerging themes / storylines for Xonotic that I thought was cool / been seeing the art going in this direction, is a futuristic post apocalyptic rebuilding, where I imagine many civilizations and societies are either working together or still at war. For what it's worth, this image is also part of my desktop background, which I imagine to be a planet with highly advanced technology and societies

[Image: screenshot101.png]

It's not really clear what xonotic's story is right now - I've always thought the art style is clean and futuristic, with little decay or whatever (post-apocalyptic has been done to death anyway).
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

(06-27-2010, 11:38 AM)Roanoke Wrote: It's not really clear what xonotic's story is right now - I've always thought the art style is clean and futuristic, with little decay or whatever (post-apocalyptic has been done to death anyway).

The logic here is that it would give us the ability to become more futuristic within a time period, so post apocalyptic to more clean cut future is all fair game. We should be getting these ideas together, there were attempts in the early stages of the community but it was too much too soon perhaps. I think we should save this conversation for another thread however.

JULIUS COMMING (sorry for my english)

Attached Files
.png   JULIUS PRE.png (Size: 110.41 KB / Downloads: 108)

ugluck: great work on the model, but we have some issues. your first model has way too many polies. it has almost 5000 faces where as the current ones have around 2000-2500 faces. I noticed the head has a lot of polies. It would be great if you could reduce the number. I uploaded a blend file and textures of one of the current models so you can see how textures are done as well.

http://omploader.org/vNHJuNA

Julius is looking really nice too Smile

(06-27-2010, 01:54 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: ugluck: great work on the model, but we have some issues. your first model has way too many polies. it has almost 5000 faces where as the current ones have around 2000-2500 faces. I noticed the head has a lot of polies. It would be great if you could reduce the number. I uploaded a blend file and textures of one of the current models so you can see how textures are done as well.

http://omploader.org/vNHJuNA

Julius is looking really nice too Smile

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=81

1) Raising the polycount limit of player models to 5000 max.

here said that the limit is in the 5000 polygons, and Athena has no goals. Wink

for example Maracus (gears of war) come to 150000 polygons.its ovious that xonotic engine is not as advanced than unreal engine 3, but it's a grap diference. i think thath 5000 is a minimum for quality.
I love Erebus player, but I do not understand because it has four different textures. (glow, glos, shirt and normal). can you explain?. thanks

normal is essentially a bump textures. gives it that depth.
Easier to show glow with a screenshot:
[Image: dm-412771687019.png]
Glow is required so that we don't have to use ugly fullbright playermodels. The glow makes the player more visible this way. Players can customize this to whatever color they want.
Gloss makes the player shiny.
Shirt is a color textures players can choose from.
This link will help more with textures: http://dpwiki.slipgateconstruct.com/inde...ion_for_DP
Xonotic uses the darkplaces engine.

Also game polys are measured in triangles so i believe you have to double the face value.

I retexturizes atenea with instructions (like Erebus) but still missing normal maps (as they are created?) and animations, can someone help me, thanks.

if anyone can complete this model and make a player, I'll be very thankful and I could look I have failed and what i have done well to make better models in the future

http://omploader.org/vNHM2bg

I will animate the model and get someone to make a normal map for it

Alright got it in game. Ignore hand position/rig. Just did it quickly to see what it looks like in game. There is no norm map yet, so it may look a bit flat.

[Image: dm-512779256748.png]

[Image: dm-512779256754.png]

[Image: dm-612779256753.png]

[Image: dm-312779256767.png]

(06-30-2010, 02:25 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: Alright got it in game. Ignore hand position/rig. Just did it quickly to see what it looks like in game. There is no norm map yet, so it may look a bit flat.

thanks, the truth is that it's first model and it shows, would also need a bit of bum map did not appear to be so flat. thanks for your time. I guess I better stay julius.

maybe if you fix something the model could be included in the game? you think? be honest, nothing happens

The model itself looks a bit boxy in my honest opinion. I don't model or texture myself, but I do rig and animate. The poly count is double of what it should be so we can't accept it in game. Also next time make sure textures are 2048x2048 and not 2500x2500. I think julius looks really good and keep working on him. Give it more shape than you did on Atenae. Atenae may be fixed later, but continue work on Julius.

Looks kinda whack with the gloss on it. Maybe if there was a way to get rid of it on the face, or maybe when the normal map gets finished it'll look better. It looked amazing without the gloss.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.