Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singleplayer

Hi, I'm working on a singleplayer campaign mapset, but I've been wondering how to do a lot of stuff.

Questions:
  • How do you keep ammo/weapons/health when using target_changelevel?
  • How do you get the map reset when you die(unless you're in multiplayer)?
  • Do monsters work well enough to be used in maps?
  • Is there a way to disable item respawning?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: monsters seem to have broken skill levels; if any of the SKILL_NOT[LOW|MEDIUM|HIGH] flags are enabled, they don't seem to spawn.
Edit2:Ignore the first edit, I was changing the skill cvar, not the g_monsters_skill cvar.

I can't answer your questions but I want to say thank you for trying.

I was browsing the forum and issue tracker for stuff to do/implement and stumbled across this. Are there more people who are interested in a campaign single player mode? Especially also from the mapping perspective? If so I would have a look into the code and work on it.

Slauncha
Alduin

(03-10-2016, 03:27 AM)Alduin Wrote: [...] Are there more people who are interested in a campaign single player mode? Especially also from the mapping perspective?
I think there's been several people at least that have been interested in it, see this thread: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=5969

(03-10-2016, 03:27 AM)Alduin Wrote: If so I would have a look into the code and work on it.
This would indeed be quite useful, as I've already started a singleplayer map set but put it on hold until better singleplayer support arrives. Here's the current version of it: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=5954

I'd love the ability to put together single player campaigns. Imagine the stories that could be shown and maybe posted to youtube?

Hi everyone!

I pretty much registered to say this, but I'd love more single-player campaign-like stuff. Xonotic is fantastic as is, but the thing I enjoy most is playing co-operative modes with friends (like CTF against bots), so if an extra category of campaign levels would be playable with friends, that would be absolutely amazing! It wouldn't need to be overly advanced - perhaps something like the current campaign, where levels are unlocked one at a time, but with a focus on co-op lan-play.

Oh, and if single-player campaign would mean some sort of story-based levels with scripting, that would be a dream as well!

@Imerion about the same Wink I love the DooM and Quake games and play them pretty often, and coming to Xonotic, the campaign and singleplayer/co-op features missing is a drawback for mapping.

It would be nice if the GPL Quake maps were made into a Xonotic campaign. It doesn't have to be the only one or the main one, but it would be nice if those levels weren't put to waste.

[Image: xonotic20160313213030-00_small.jpg]
[Image: 230.png]

@Mario hehe

That looks very nice Mario, what else secrets you have heh heh.

I'm also curious as to what coop features you are going to add (using Doom and Quake 2 as a reference).

automap/minimap
* Markers
* follow or freely move

internal or external(Mumble) VOIP (preferably with directional audio)
switch camera to other players (ALA Doom and Blinky's Co-Op Cam for Quake II)
summon other player next to you (Blinky's Co-Op Cam for Quake II)
Ability to turn friendly fire on and off

Anything I'm missing?[/align]

Make sure that the campaign is action packed and co op compatible, you should make Doom 4's level 1 as the first level and have cutscenes.

Sounds cool.
still in development? or cancelled?

It has potential but a lot can go less than spectacularly I think.

Is it like the current single player campaign which is just training with bots?
Or is it like the usual game with it's own story and events?
Are the tricks that people do in multiplayer going to be part of the challenge or learning curve, or just stuff that mostly just amounts to better level completion times?
Is it (too) similar to Quake/Doom?

if Quake had monsters and Doom has demons, how about robots since Xonotic takes place in a futuristic time.

(07-08-2016, 01:06 PM)Kotaku Wrote: if Quake had monsters and Doom has demons, how about robots since Xonotic takes place in a futuristic time.

Did you heard of the stroggs from quake 2 and 4? They are the hole you just described. =)
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(07-08-2016, 02:41 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 01:06 PM)Kotaku Wrote: if Quake had monsters and Doom has demons, how about robots since Xonotic takes place in a futuristic time.

Did you heard of the stroggs from quake 2 and 4? They are the hole you just described. =)

Not if the Xonotic team wants to stay Free/Libre and Open Source. They're not going to use copyrighted species.

Exactly, and we should also be original instead of using Quake's concept of Monsters.

Excuse me, but strogg are cyborg. Flesh and machine in one package, so to speak. In Xonotic, we should have pure mechanical electronic robots. With servos for muscles and quantum computers for brains
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Muscles meh, I'm in the opposite side of the Western and prefer something else than muscles. I clearly don't understand why robots needs MUSCLES for the appearance. I'm laughing so hard right now and still can't stop.

The bosses of individual chapters should be named Kojn, Fisume, Mossepo and finally Smilescythe.
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

The most basic monster can be called Pendulla. Or aa
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Can I be a boss too Tongue Have a Beagle the size of Hulk and give it muscles and make it hold a battle axe with its tounge sticking out and call it Kotaku.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Some singleplayer campaigns I created (VERSION 2!) Wuzzy 2 4,083 11-09-2019, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Wuzzy
Star Singleplayer Level14 Laser only is... Harmata 1 3,391 12-01-2011, 03:13 AM
Last Post: divVerent
  Singleplayer Story Mod darthlukan 3 5,342 08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Last Post: ThePWTULN
  A new feature for singleplayer campaign ThePWTULN 6 6,301 09-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Last Post: ThePWTULN