Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Color for Duel?

what model color do you want guys on champion's server?
that bright green is killing my eyes...

I need a number, pick a color you want in your profile and then do in console _cl_color - what will show you a number.

The suggestion box is for suggestions for the game itself, not custom servers.

That said, this suggestion may be a good one, perhaps a poll can be opened...
[Image: 230.png]

Yellow with red details is the color combination to go if you've got any sense for style.

;oP
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Just let it be I guess? Everyone can change their models to whatever colour they want currently.

Use Yellow then, my homie I use rainbow for characters Smile

(01-12-2016, 02:44 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: Just let it be I guess? Everyone can change their models to whatever colour they want currently.

Nah, he forces green on his server, i was annoyed by not being able to see yellow opponent. So change it to yellow! Big Grin
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

(01-12-2016, 02:44 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: Just let it be I guess? Everyone can change their models to whatever colour they want currently.

Wege nono man, both players same color.
Server's duel, not a casual DM.

Wow, I've tried orange and it's sweet, do you like it?
but yeah... yellow is also handsome tohoguh.

Be true to your Dutch ancestors and use orange.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Why would you force model colors in the first place? While green seems to be the most popular, there are still some people out there who will want to use other colors. It should not matter to you, as you can change the color to whichever you like while letting them have their preferred look.
[Image: 38443.png]

(01-13-2016, 07:29 AM)SPLAT Wrote: Why would you force model colors in the first place? While green seems to be the most popular, there are still some people out there who will want to use other colors. It should not matter to you, as you can change the color to whichever you like while letting them have their preferred look.

because next time I beat you you won't be complaining about ping but colors..

What? If you choose what color you personally want the models to be then what difference would it make? That's why forcing colors server side doesn't make any sense when you can force it yourself client side in settings.

Btw next time I beat you 30-0 don't bitch that you don't have your fancy 144hz monitor or shiny gaming mouse yet. You lose because your lack of ability as opposed to not having the newest gadgets. Some food for thought before you decide to open your big mouth.

Mirio will beat you only with his poor keyboard and mouse lol.

(01-12-2016, 05:00 PM)Pendulla Wrote: Nah, he forces green on his server
Right
(01-12-2016, 05:49 PM)Champion_The Wrote: Wege nono man, both players same color.
Server's duel, not a casual DM.

Wow, I've tried orange and it's sweet, do you like it?
but yeah... yellow is also handsome tohoguh.
Don't force them lol. Should you also be forcing what mouse sensitivity and fov people can have? Give me a break. Model colour falls into personal preferences and you shouldn't force it to anything. There's a thing called colour blindness and shit.

Ha, in real life there ain't forcing colors so if you have to dress up as your enemies don't be shooting your mates alright? That is really important.

lol splat I did a joke of you but looks like you didn't get it ... I hoped for your reply: as if you ever could.. but you're kinda diff potato Big Grin and you strike like an ax.

but back to this topic:

well, I posted this thread so that we can decide what we want. I didn't choose orange as my favorite color lol, it's not, but somebody mentioned that it's a good color for duel.

my personal opinion is the same, 1 forced color for both players. I don't wanna force my settings because why would I ? I don't want to have same model color when I play casual games on other servers.

1 example: Let's say 2 duelers meet, one loses and says "I lost because I didn't have forced model colors and I saw you whatever same map color is".
So let's say map is gray, well I pick gray color and my opponent won't see me much.
But when it's forced he cannot do it.
am I wrong?

but hey, it's up to you as I said, so far 2 for orange, 2 for custom and 2 for yellow.

[Image: mARTTVr.jpg?1]

How many different ways can I explain it...

Check this box. Undo your server setting. Volia, everyone has their desired color.

You get your hideous orange, I get my bright eyeball stabbing green. On your side of the game we are both orange on my side we are both green.

Capisce?

I change my "vote" for custom. Maybe make a poll in the thread or better make sense and just let it be custom.

well ok, as you want but looks like you still don't get it.

I know there's that option to force colors on client's side but ok again example:

2 players play duel, 1th has forced colors on client's side, the other guy doesn't. Then after losing he will say, hey, I didn't have forced colors and I lost because my opponent has had the same model color as the map.
And you will say to him, you can force colors but he can say - why would I? I don't want to and will be complaining about that and so on... but when forced colors we can avoid that.

As I said before I won't force model colors on my side, because I play on other servers and I just don't wanna see same colors. Also I don't wanna be bothered to enable / disable that..At least after I lose next time a duel I can say I lost because of model color.

I have a question, how is it in pro scene? In quake or idk reflex?
we can talk about it on teamspeak or something maybe.

I think what you missed is that when you force a very visible color or model onto other players (on your client), then you can only force the color or model that you selected for yourself. This means as soon as you try to make everyone extremely visible to you, you will automatically be equally visible to everybody else (unless of course they choose another, less visible model/color for themselves AND force that onto everybody else on their client). No matter how you turn it, forcing visible colors onto other players on your client will result in you being equally visible to everybody else, which is very fair imho. The situation that the player that uses forcing colors is less visible to the one that doesn't can't occur for logical reasons! There is absolutely no valid reason to force the model/color server side to everyone, unless you are going for a certain style and don't care about players getting annoyed.

If there are people complaining about not seeing other opponent well but refusing to change their settings so they see as good as they desire, then those people's opinion can be safely ignored because that itself is purely ignorant.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(01-14-2016, 05:29 PM)Champion_The Wrote: well ok, as you want but looks like you still don't get it.

I know there's that option to force colors on client's side but ok again example:

2 players play duel, 1th has forced colors on client's side, the other guy doesn't. Then after losing he will say, hey, I didn't have forced colors and I lost because my opponent has had the same model color as the map.
And you will say to him, you can force colors but he can say - why would I? I don't want to and will be complaining about that and so on... but when forced colors we can avoid that.

As I said before I won't force model colors on my side, because I play on other servers and I just don't wanna see same colors. Also I don't wanna be bothered to enable / disable that..At least after I lose next time a duel I can say I lost because of model color.

This logic doesn't make sense to me. First of all, I have never in my 2 years of playing this game heard anyone use this excuse. Secondly, like usual, this problem is easily remedied by forcing the color that you want to view your opponent as. I can't fathom why ANYONE wouldn't just do that. Literally 99% of duelers just force the color they are comfortable with and change it if need be. This is a non-issue and you're just irritating the people who play on your server. Maybe there is a special someone out there who has an issue with this. But do you change a setting that helps 1 person and hurts the rest? That orange color is absolutely TERRIBLE and the model blends in with half the maps I play.

In quake and reflex its the same. You pick what color you want your enemy to look like.

I want color 47
thanks!

The forced color excuse for loosing can't work. As mentioned before, if someone forces everyone's color to extra visible,_ he will become extra viibel itself. In a duel scenario, the only thing someone can complaining about is forcing non visible color o on itself.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Others don't see your forced color, they only see your server-side player color, which may be different if using cl_forcemyplayercolors.

It should also be noted that forcing colors makes your server customized, and probably not usable for competitive tournaments/duels.
[Image: 230.png]

(01-14-2016, 05:29 PM)Champion_The Wrote: well ok, as you want but looks like you still don't get it.

We all get it and you are wrong.