Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome!

I just made Potato Paradise a duel server exclusive for xoylent which I think is the best insta map.

I was inspired from this video: https://youtu.be/F2Pk8w7gJcA

I would like to have the movement ability like he has. I think that this kind of gameplay is what makes xonotic unique. And what I very like about it.

I have always have the best plays in duel mode, and this is by far my favorite map, and I think it is hard to get bored on it. So I don't think that a server dedicated to just one map would be a problem. It is like when some player in cs:go always want to be play on dust2.

Just very simple stuffs like the insta only, one good map only, and in duel. I think that this is perfect for someone who want to be better in that kind of playing.

I am planning to add some good music to it. Maybe a little editing in the map, just to fix some little things.

Later I am planning to test my video recording abilities. There are very few quality video on youtube about the insta mode. It deserves some.

What do you think?

Well, here's few points to consider:

- Xoylent isn't comparable to dust2 at how popular it is compared to other maps. Hub3aeroq3a_nex_r4 and farewell are being played a way more.
- Xoylent is one of the worst maps performance wise, high brush count and low FPS. (Some people play with potato computers, so your server would not really be a potato paradise).
- If people play in your server and they want to change the map, they have to switch server.
- If you play a game on Xoylent and want to play it again, all you gotta do is write vcall restart to console before the vote screen runs out of time. If you're on a Xoylent marathon with a friend, you can easily do this on any server that has Xoylent on it.
- Oh and indeed, Xoylent is already available almost on every server.

Pardon for not answering sooner.

- I wasn't say that it is comparable in popularity.
- I wasn't meant to optimize it for low end pc, the potato in the title means it is that amazing as a potato. Because potatoes are awesome.
- It is without question. That is applying anything what dedicates itself for one particular thing.
- I do not want to call any vote, I just would like to play Xoylent again and again until I get bored of it.
- And on this server too.

I do not see anything that would be against my original intent.

Until now I was just playing with a bot on my own computer, but now I do not have to do the setting every time I want to play, namely set 1 bot, set it to godlike, set instagib, set hook, set xoylent. And when I am playing, now I have a chance that someone will join. It is pure winning for me in this form now.

Good to be commented from such a great player. Smile

(02-13-2016, 07:39 AM)fuckinrainbowpower Wrote: Until now I was just playing with a bot on my own computer, but now I do not have to do the setting every time I want to play, namely set 1 bot, set it to godlike, set instagib, set hook, set xoylent. And when I am playing, now I have a chance that someone will join. It is pure winning for me in this form now.

Now that I call convincing reasoning.

* Halogene approves
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Just make a exec file.... or an autoexec and true it is one of the worst maps can't compare it to dust2

It seems you doesn't like when somebody want to do the things in his own way. Smile

Halogene, I do not want to convince you or anybody else here.

Beagle, STILL wasn't compare xoylent to dust2, and if it is one of the worst maps for you problaly you preferer a different gaming style. And not really think the exec file would be better.

(02-18-2016, 08:31 AM)fuckinrainbowpower Wrote: It seems you doesn't like when somebody want to do the things in his own way. Smile

Who doesn't like when somebody wants to do things in his own way? I think (whether or not you were aiming at convincing anyone) your explanation of why you set up the server that way shows a splendid approach on the goal you wanted to achieve. I kike that. There was no irony involved in my previous post.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(02-18-2016, 09:48 AM)Halogene Wrote:
(02-18-2016, 08:31 AM)fuckinrainbowpower Wrote: It seems you doesn't like when somebody want to do the things in his own way. Smile

Who doesn't like when somebody wants to do things in his own way? I think (whether or not you were aiming at convincing anyone) your explanation of why you set up the server that way shows a splendid approach on the goal you wanted to achieve. I kike that. There was no irony involved in my previous post.

Ohh. Okay. Seems I was then misunderstood you. Cool.

Well I don't know about these other jackasses, but I'm just trying to convince you that you might be doing it the hard way.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 661 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,808 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  all are welcome at hightime deathmatch lister 52 34,087 07-06-2022, 05:13 PM
Last Post: lister
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,743 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 7,965 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,961 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,574 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,302 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Fix Duel on Server Australis Antares* 0 1,729 09-30-2018, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic Server crashes TF2 server Professor 2 2,940 02-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Professor