Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to xonotic, not new to Canada!

Hi, I'm having a lot of fun with the bots still, but I've started to look for more maps.

I like silly things in general, quite a lot, but didn't know I liked fragging till lately. Maybe after I get done with these bots I'll take a swing at you.

I do a bit of programming in python and bash, and I dabble a bit in C and very occasionally try other things. Quake C seems interesting.

When I was younger I enjoyed 3D modelling, starting out with Povray 1.0. I still occasionally do stuff, but I don't really have the chops to do complicated things.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi and welcome! Xonotic has a very steep learning curve, so be sure to check out the Newbie Corner for the game mechanics (and also configuring help). There is a lot of stuff that is not really obvious especially when you're not coming from similar arena fps games. Having myself completed the single player campaign before even considering playing online back when I started (Nexuiz times), I can only recommend you to join online matches since the fun to play against and with humans is in no way comparable to playing bots. Also, the Xonotic player community is a very friendly and open one, so if you ask people how they do certain tricks in public matches most of the time someone will stop by to explain.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Thanks Halogene!

Welcome.

Thanks Mirio!

Welcome Snollygoster! We're running out of modelers would be nice if you helped us out Smile

Thanks Beagle! What are you doing to the modellers? Big Grin

Welcome.
[Image: 65153.png]

Thanks thearcoN!

High and welcome. I run a few Canadian based (OVH Montreal) servers with the MoFo tag. There have been a few Canadians on the game but haven't see too many lately. SpaceAce is one of them from west coast.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Welcome. Now we got another modeler Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hiya everyone! New to the community, but not the game :D alpha-carinae 4 3,343 05-22-2019, 08:48 PM
Last Post: alpha-carinae
  not new but in different region kammy 5 2,706 05-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Finko
  Hi. Not so new here. wannawin 5 4,655 08-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Not really new.. but introducing. asgarian 5 4,502 02-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Last Post: asgarian
  New to Xonotic, but not FPS undone 11 9,320 12-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Ubiquitous Dirigibles
  New to Xonotic, not to fraggin' pontinius 36 36,713 12-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: theShadow
  Not really new, but more a comeback :) Ozomahtlii 14 11,983 05-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Last Post: RaptorFX