Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions concerning the future of Xonotic.

Question 
I have a couple questions. First, when Xonotic reaches 1.0 or whatever the first "stable" version is, are the maps going to have a somewhat permanent freeze for the sake of demo compatibility? I know that a few maps had major changes which would almost certainly cause desyncs (changing a teleporter to a portal, for example). Second, any update on the plan to switch to the Unvanquished engine? Is that going to happen after 1.0/first "stable" build, or is that ongoing now, or are you going to wait until Unvanquished itself is stable, or are you having second thoughts and going to stick with darkplaces?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe until we fix gun balances, add more stuff in, new graphics, and get a new trailer, improved maps or even textures. Or even putting this on steam with a workshop.

The port to Daemon is an ongoing one, but we hope to have something usable by the end of the year.
As for map changes - by 1.0, the stock maps should no longer need major adjustments, but demo compatibility is indeed an issue even now...
[Image: 230.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quake live mouse acceleration implementation successfully coded! I have questions Draena 0 2,186 03-09-2020, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Draena
  Xonotic Game Engine, Mapping, Development - General Developer Questions p14r 6 10,218 08-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Last Post: p14r
Question A few questions on contributing Daphron 5 6,422 04-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Modding questions anotherFalseProphet 5 6,108 09-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Last Post: mand1nga