Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help with one more thing :(

I have looked at a lot of tutorials and they are great but one more thing eludes me still.
How does one create an Elevator / Lift in Xonotic ?,

I tried using Conveyor but could not find a way to use in the z Axis but it works great in the x,y Axis. Smile

is there a way or is there just no support for it ?.

Thanks guys, I promise no more questions after this unless i really, really get stuck Smile)

I believe you're looking for func_plat

func_plat Wrote:Rising platform the player can ride to reach higher places. Plats must always be drawn in the raised position, so they will operate and be lighted correctly but they spawn in the lowered position. The plat will stay in the raised position until the player steps off.
-------- KEYS --------
speed : determines how fast the plat moves (default 150).
platmovetype : movement type (1 = linear, 2 = cosine [default])
lip : lip remaining at end of move (default 16). Has no effect if "height" is set.
height : if set, this will determine the total amount of vertical travel of the plat.
dmg : damage to inflict on player when he blocks operation of plat. Plat will reverse direction when blocked.
targetname : if set, the trigger that points to this will lower the plat each time it fires. The plat lowers and lifts someone up later.
sounds : 2 for alternate sound set, -1 for silence, or use the fields below
sound1 : platform starts moving sound
sound2 : platform stop sound
message : kill message, when someone gets killed by this plat
message2 : death message when someone gets pushed into this (default: "was thrown into a world of hurt by"). The # character is replaced by the attacker name if present (and it instead does not get appended to the end)
-------- SPAWNFLAGS --------
CRUSH : crush players hit by the platform instantly
-------- NOTES --------
By default, the total amount of vertical travel of a platform is implicitly determined by the overall vertical size of the brushes of which it's made minus the lip value. But if the "height" key is used, then the total amount of vertical travel of the plat will be exactly that value regardless of the shape and size of the plat and regardless of the value of the "lip" key. Using the "height" key is the best method for any kind of platforms and the only possible one for thin plats which need to travel vertical distances many times their own thickness. Setting the origin key is simply an alternate method to using an origin brush. When using the model2 key, the origin point of the model will correspond to the origin point defined by either the origin brush or the origin coordinate value.

(04-03-2016, 12:08 AM)-z- Wrote: I believe you're looking for func_plat

func_plat Wrote:Rising platform the player can ride to reach higher places. Plats must always be drawn in the raised position, so they will operate and be lighted correctly but they spawn in the lowered position. The plat will stay in the raised position until the player steps off.
-------- KEYS --------
speed : determines how fast the plat moves (default 150).
platmovetype : movement type (1 = linear, 2 = cosine [default])
lip : lip remaining at end of move (default 16). Has no effect if "height" is set.
height : if set, this will determine the total amount of vertical travel of the plat.
dmg : damage to inflict on player when he blocks operation of plat. Plat will reverse direction when blocked.
targetname : if set, the trigger that points to this will lower the plat each time it fires. The plat lowers and lifts someone up later.
sounds : 2 for alternate sound set, -1 for silence, or use the fields below
sound1 : platform starts moving sound
sound2 : platform stop sound
message : kill message, when someone gets killed by this plat
message2 : death message when someone gets pushed into this (default: "was thrown into a world of hurt by"). The # character is replaced by the attacker name if present (and it instead does not get appended to the end)
-------- SPAWNFLAGS --------
CRUSH : crush players hit by the platform instantly
-------- NOTES --------
By default, the total amount of vertical travel of a platform is implicitly determined by the overall vertical size of the brushes of which it's made minus the lip value. But if the "height" key is used, then the total amount of vertical travel of the plat will be exactly that value regardless of the shape and size of the plat and regardless of the value of the "lip" key. Using the "height" key is the best method for any kind of platforms and the only possible one for thin plats which need to travel vertical distances many times their own thickness. Setting the origin key is simply an alternate method to using an origin brush. When using the model2 key, the origin point of the model will correspond to the origin point defined by either the origin brush or the origin coordinate value.
Yes sir it is Smile, is this in the editor ?, if it is i do not know how I could have missed it Sad.
well once again you have helped more than you could possibly know and I again am in your debt.
thank you very much.

After selecting the brush(es) you want, right click and choose: trigger > func_plat

You can edit the values in the entities dialog (press "N" to bring up the entities dialog for the selected brush(es))

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Need modelling help. _para 3 1,093 03-17-2023, 02:34 AM
Last Post: anoob
  need modeling help MusicGoat 5 2,975 08-23-2022, 08:34 AM
Last Post: NoClue
  Help, how I create a new texture for mapping? derrant 9 4,875 09-02-2021, 05:08 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Texture and Player Model Creation Help Molnija 5 4,977 09-30-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  Gravity help Molnija 4 2,633 08-17-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  Waypoints Help TapX 10 5,865 08-07-2018, 06:59 AM
Last Post: TapX
  Jump pad help. TapX 1 1,702 06-23-2018, 05:04 AM
Last Post: _para
  NetRadiant Spawn points help. TapX 18 9,030 06-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Garux
  I need help with textures. [Solved] TapX 5 4,167 05-11-2018, 02:22 PM