Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackroom: Opinions?

Rainbow 
So today, I was browsing the internet and came across this

So, Opinions? Do you think it'll rock, be the new Daikatana, or that it's too early to tell?

Personally, I think it's too early to tell, but am cautiously optimistic.

John Romero is a legend in old FPS shooters. I have more faith in him than any other company developing so called "fast paced FPS" games. We'll see what happens.
[Image: 38443.png]

Yeah the devs are top quality and i'am convinced that they are that sort of devs who listens to and works with the community!

Lets go Romero!

This has a chance to be very much like Romero was hoping Daikatana would be... or it could very much turn out how Daikatana was on release. Too early to tell. Either way it will probably beat the crap out of the new Doom.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Daikatana was beyond salvation for N64, but the PC version is great. If you haven't played it I really recommend getting it on steam and downloading the 1.3 patch, you can disable the sidekicks and skip cutscenes in it. Yes, the community made that game great just like Doom and Quake.

If the same thing happened to Blackroom I wouldn't care, because even failed games by John Romero turn out awesome.

I saw that to about Blackroom but i didn't catch ant info on what engine will the game use. Did anyone hear anything about it?
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

No, but for the sake of completeness I suggest already now we port Xonotic to that engine (in case it's a new one).
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I think it'll be a good game, but without Linux support and without Carmack's engines, they're using UE4.

Also, Kickstarter? Seriously? Doesn't Romero have enough money to make his own games by now?

BTW, I created this Voat subverse dedicated to the game: https://voat.co/v/blackroom/

Since we talked about Daikatana earlier I made a video about it for funs:

Bloody hell that looks fast Smilecythe.

Reminds me of Quake 2 for some reason, I approve.

Can someone explain to me what you did in Daikhtana or whatever it's called?

I mean, is there some RPG element or something? I mean multiplayer wise by the way.

In the read more bit on the site, I'm sure it mentions strafe jumping and running, you will be pleased Smilecythe! Let ESR know, they will rejoice!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

John Romero is the "God Father" of fps games.

(04-26-2016, 11:49 AM)kaadmy Wrote: I think it'll be a good game, but without Linux support and without Carmack's engines, they're using UE4.

The loss of Carmack's tech is sad, but in this day and age, the graphics are good enough in just about anything.

Also, what do you mean no Linux? Did I miss that, or are you implying it from the fact that they plan to use an engine that entirely supports Linux now?

@qwetuiop924: Romero said they're planning support for Windows first, Mac second, and maybe Linux way in the future if they can get the game working on Win/Mcc first.

(04-26-2016, 02:25 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Can someone explain to me what you did in Daikhtana or whatever it's called?
It's a Quake like single player game with 4 sets of weapons from different time periods. The story circles around time travelling basically.

(04-27-2016, 09:10 PM)kaadmy Wrote: @qwetuiop924: Romero said they're planning support for Windows first, Mac second, and maybe Linux way in the future if they can get the game working on Win/Mcc first.

Ah. I missed that.

The Return: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbDQSOmwA20

BlackRoom by John and Adrian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7-nKfsEevA

the project has been canceled btw.

(05-03-2016, 08:11 AM)Champion_The Wrote: the project has been canceled btw.
No, it hasn't been canceled. They canceled the funding to make a demo of the game: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nig...nd-carmack

"You asked for it, and you’re getting it: a gameplay demo of BLACKROOM.

The team is at work on a demo which demonstrates the kind of gameplay, look and innovative, cool features that make BLACKROOM truly unique — the things we’ve waited years to put into an FPS and which make us incredibly excited about this game.

There’s a hitch here, a hitch that’s making us do something that’s right for the game, the team, and the community: we’re pressing “PAUSE” on the fundraising campaign for BLACKROOM to complete this gameplay demo. Simply put, this will take more time than the Kickstarter has left, so we’ve decided to suspend the campaign and launch a new one when the gameplay demo is ready. We believe, however, it is the right choice. We know you do, too. Thanks to your feedback, we know we should have included it at launch.

To all of our backers: your support has been incredible and valuable. We will, of course, honor backer achievements in the next campaign (and an extra something for those of you who continue to support us in the next campaign).

While we're working on the first gameplay demo, we welcome you to stay in touch with us at nightworkgames.com and @nightworkgames. Sign up for our newsletter for regular updates. You’re also welcome to email us at info@nightworkgames.com."

It isn't canceled get your facts straight and they got more than 61k$ in 6 days.

(05-03-2016, 08:19 AM)Muleke_Trairao Wrote: No, it hasn't been canceled. They canceled the funding to make a demo of the game: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nig...nd-carmack

IMHO, this was the Right Thing™ to to. I'd be hyped no matter what they did, but proving that you can deliver first attracts audience, and makes you look like less of a MASSIVE DICK.

(05-04-2016, 06:04 AM)qwertyuiop924 Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 08:19 AM)Muleke_Trairao Wrote: No, it hasn't been canceled. They canceled the funding to make a demo of the game: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nig...nd-carmack

IMHO, this was the Right Thing™ to to. I'd be hyped no matter what they did, but proving that you can deliver first attracts audience, and makes you look like less of a MASSIVE DICK.
Yes, i think so, too.
I was just telling him that he is wrong by saying that they cancelled the project completely.