Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Resolved] func_train - how to ... ?

Hi
I'm trying to add a func_train to a small map I'm messing around with, but I can't get it to work Sad are there any known issues with func_train's?

I found and reviewed the New York City map, which demonstrates the new curved paths. I've copied all the settings from both the func_train and the path_corner's, but nothing seems to work!?

The problem is that the platform is simply not displayed, and I can't see it anywhere in the map - any suggestions or any other maps I can try to copy from?

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback...

EDIT:

My mistake was to follow a very old Quake tutorial, in that tutorial it said that the path_corner's are created by creating a 16x16 brush and then, when selected, converting it into a path_corner - that doesn't work for Xonotic!

I deleted the corrupt path_corner's and added them correctly in - with nothing selected, simply right-click, path_corner - then linked them all together and done.

Thanks anyway, Mirio and aa for the feedback.

This map has something like trains - maybe it uses func_train: http://dl.xonotic.co/peace6dot5_b1.pk3

Thanks Mirio

That is a very large map ... I checked the settings used there, pretty much the same as what I had.

I did find one mistake, I made a typo in one of the targetname's, but correcting that didn't fix it - something else is still wrong!?

Are there any mapinfo settings I need to check? From what I can tell, my simple (one brush) func_train and the 2 path_corner's are correct - I'm missing something, but what!?

I have no idea about func_trains, but I suggest you try using more warnings, at least three
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Hallo aa, thanks for the feedback, but what do you mean by warnings?

I ma sorry, i misspelled and autocorect corrected waypoitns into warnings.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]