• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CTF] vapor_alpha_2

[Image: vapor_alpha_2.jpg]

download

This is a fairly large CTF map with turrets as well as vehicles:

- raptor
- helicopter
- spider walker

The average speed capture time is ~30s. Where as most other maps are closer to 10-15s on average.

I built it with hook or overkill mod in mind so it might feel slow without those features enabled.

Give it a whirl, let me know what you think.

(06-25-2016, 07:53 AM)-z- Wrote: nothing?

ok, you want it that way. Smile But only the short version.

What playersize are you aiming for 10v10?
i have the feeling it very oversized and at some point unnesessary complex (mainly because you are not guide in any way).
Please remove this u-turns. especially the one at the mg. the corridors are way too long there. Make them shorter.
The two corridors with the armor shards and health blobs could be combined to one.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I played it a few times online with much fewer players (6 total I think). I enjoyed it. Great job!

(06-25-2016, 02:30 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: What playersize are you aiming for 10v10?

Yes actually, 8-12 is what I had in mind.

Quote:i have the feeling it very oversized and at some point unnesessary complex (mainly because you are not guide in any way).
Indicators are a good point. I wanted to try and make the bases bases.... I thought it would be closer to a 20sec capture time, but it's hard to get 30s even Smile

Quote:Please remove this u-turns. especially the one at the mg. the corridors are way too long there. Make them shorter.
Up by the health and the mega armors?

Quote:The two corridors with the armor shards and health blobs could be combined to one.

Maybe I can mix this up but I want to prove another way to double-back.

Thanks for the comments.

(07-07-2016, 10:21 PM)-z- Wrote: Please remove this u-turns. especially the one at the mg. the corridors are way too long there. Make them shorter.
Up by the health and the mega armors?[/quote]
The one by the mega health, which is not that problematic.
The problematic one is the one at the mg.

(07-07-2016, 10:21 PM)-z- Wrote:
Quote:The two corridors with the armor shards and health blobs could be combined to one.
Maybe I can mix this up but I want to prove another way to double-back.

Why even use a double back ? the map is already big enough
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,656 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,149 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,496 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario