Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overwatch

So I saw no topic yet on the game on these forums yet.

What are your guys thoughts on the game? Likes/Dislikes? Personally, I think the game is enjoyable. However, I don't see myself playing long term. We'll see what happens.

Y'all can add me on Battle.net SPLAT#12347
[Image: 38443.png]

I'm automatically skeptical about multiplayer games if they're super popular and hyped in the mainstream audience, because often that's turned out to be the only appeal the game has. I've heard people say things like that individual skill doesn't matter in Overwatch. Idk, it might be fun, but I don't think it has the depth I'm looking for in games. I don't feel like putting +50€ on a game that I have a slight chance of enjoying. I'm also in general not into team games that much.

^ Same answer, I like my fps games open source. And the art design looks way to much like a Pokemon/Anime/Futuristic theme geeze. And plus the game is a pay to win and I ain't spending 50+.

(06-06-2016, 09:17 AM)Beagle Wrote: ^ Same answer, I like my fps games open source. And the art design looks way to much like a Pokemon/Anime/Futuristic theme geeze. And plus the game is a pay to win and I ain't spending 50+.

How is it a pay to win when you literally don't buy ANYTHING in game that benefits you? The only thing you pay for is the game and that's it.

Perhaps you should know what pay to win means before you even talk about it Wink

That being said, I enjoyed Overwatch in the beta but I am not sure if I am still into it when I buy my new computer, nor if it will be worth my money on the long term. I tend to play games that are hyped pretty much only the first 2 weeks, and then it sorta gets lost in my library of games I will never play again. Also, the amount of toxicity from some people in Overwatch is just as ridiculous as the League of Legends or Quake Live community, something that I do not wish to be part of.
[Image: 9214.png]

I would never play such cartoon childish game, dejm!

(06-06-2016, 09:17 AM)Beagle Wrote: And the art design looks way to much like a Pokemon/Anime/Futuristic theme geeze.

You are saying it, like it is something bad.

No boomboom, it isn't bad. It's just the Artwork doesn't suit me and it looks childish. And the amount of toxicity players are and can't work together and atleast have fun? And seriously dlc characters with different abilities? Nuff said.
I'm not hating on the game.

I happen to play Overwatch all the time! I find it a lot of fun to play with a group of friends, I'm usually in a group of 4-6 people. I do have an issue with the movement though, it's pretty bland. Also, I haven't really come across any players that I would consider toxic. Everyone I've played with/against seems fairly nice.
[Image: 29271.png]

<Samual> Everybody better be playing I Wish by Skee-Lo, it is the song of my duels!

(06-07-2016, 03:45 AM)KoalaBearScarf Wrote: I happen to play Overwatch all the time! I find it a lot of fun to play with a group of friends, I'm usually in a group of 4-6 people. I do have an issue with the movement though, it's pretty bland. Also, I haven't really come across any players that I would consider toxic. Everyone I've played with/against seems fairly nice.

Well, you are, of course, in a different region, but in the time I played I met alot of toxic players. Then again, I too had alot of fun with friends.
[Image: 9214.png]

I played it today on friend's PC. It's fun and looks like it'd be even more fun with proper teamplay. But there's no way I'd pay 40 EUR for that. The diversity of genres from which the roles are assembled is entertaining, but it's way too cheesy and sometimes stupid (Hanzo). The limited playability of each character is inherent to this kind of game. Some enforced limitations are sad, like Widow Maker's grapling hook can't hook on the ceiling, D.Va's jet can't be stopped. It's kind of a typical Blizzard pro-game. (In StarCraft, where you could only select 12 units at time, commentators went crazy when some player managed to swiftly move his army).

This is a copy of Team Fortress 2 with more roles by the way. The Payload* mode is huge fun. Wink Oh, and TF2 is free-to-play. Wink

* https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Payload
[Image: OYvkngZ.png] I'm woky on IRC.

[Image: OYvkngZ.png] I'm woky on IRC.

Only saw the characters. I guess some of them are cool and others are what to expect from Blizzard. I didn't look in to it much because I have no intention of buying a Blizzard game anymore.

(06-06-2016, 02:16 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: I'm automatically skeptical about multiplayer games if they're super popular and hyped in the mainstream audience, because often that's turned out to be the only appeal the game has.
The game company has a combination of good reputation (if there's one thing they stand out on, is supporting and patching their very old games), and effective marketing. I think that's pretty much it, and is harmless as is. Bad part is, last I checked, to play their games, regardless of singleplayer or multi-, requires always online log-in.

(07-06-2016, 12:50 PM)Iokast Wrote: Bad part is, last I checked, to play their games, regardless of singleplayer or multi-, requires always online log-in.
...which is effectively keeping me from buying any new games altogether nowadays. Even though there have been titles I really would have wanted to play (for example Portal 2).
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(07-06-2016, 02:22 PM)Halogene Wrote:
(07-06-2016, 12:50 PM)Iokast Wrote: Bad part is, last I checked, to play their games, regardless of singleplayer or multi-, requires always online log-in.
...which is effectively keeping me from buying any new games altogether nowadays. Even though there have been titles I really would have wanted to play (for example Portal 2).

I just finished Portal 2 on Ps3 and although the game was awesome, it has a silly bug nowadays. It goes into an endless loop of trying to save your profile to some unknown online location that is apparently not available anymore. You have to shut it down through the main PS3 menu to quit. The only fix is to not be online at all. It's laughable.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

(07-06-2016, 02:22 PM)Halogene Wrote:

IIRC, once the initial purchase goes through, Portal 2 isn't always online. Once I get to my computer, I can kick out my ethernet cable and check. ;-)

As for overwatch itself, I have 0 friends who would play it, and playing team games with randoms sucks, so I have no interest. And if it's full of the same kind of mindless jerks and idiot 12-year-olds (the ones who suck, and hate on everyone better (almost everyone), or worse (me), and talk about how they're "mlg", and "1337 h4x0rs" because they read a howto, and rebound some keys using the console) that infest most esports, and Xbox Live, I'd rather avoid it altogether. I was always an anime fan, so the art doesn't bother me, but I'd rather be playing xonotic, quake, doom, or hldm. I may suck, but they're fun games..

Are you playing on console? If you are you are going to get 12 year olds. Try playing it on Steam.

(07-13-2016, 01:37 PM)Kotaku Wrote: Are you playing on console? If you are you are going to get 12 year olds. Try playing it on Steam.

I said "if." I don't know for sure. But those kind of idiots flock to esports, on console or on pc. And don't call them 12-year-olds. It's an insult to upstanding 12-year-olds everywhere.

Come on, some must exist.

Yes I know, I know some 12 year olds that are actually very mature and not mindless.

Blizzard's marketing got me, and i buy it 4 weeks ago, at this moment game is enjoyable to play for me.
Finko#2561 <-- my btag in battle.net
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

Overwatch remind me about cool times

Agree still play that games with friends

Venturing into Valorant, I discovered a realm that intertwined adrenaline and strategy https://eloboss.net/valorant-boosting Engaging in tactical battles and honing my teamwork skills became a daily routine. Through dedicated practice and learning from skilled players, my gameplay evolved. Ranked matches brought intense challenges, yet every victory was a testament to progress. Joining a supportive community amplified the experience, fostering friendships and shared victories. Valorant's competitive spirit fueled my determination, and I climbed the ranks with pride. It's not just a game; it's a journey of growth, camaraderie, and exhilarating triumphs. Valorant, truly a game that transformed my gaming world.