Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New player

Hi, I'm a new player. Heard of Xonotic mentioned here and there, but never really played it until recently. Played fast paced arena shooters before, but for a year or so I played mostly non-FPS games, so I'm in the process of getting my aim back.

Welcome, I think i'll sum up the game quick so it doesn't come as a surprise later.

You could have the best accuracy in the world and still lose if the opponent(s) has all the armor/health while you have none. Mega health and Mega armor spawn 30 seconds after they've been picked up. You can (and should) use the match timer for reference when timing for their respawn. From the outside Xonotic might seem like a run and gun shooter, but most of the metagame circles around the tactics/schemes relating to resource control.

You move/accelerate faster if you curve in ground/air and by bunnyhopping (hold jump) you can maintain this speed. A lot of veterans might appear to go faster even if they have as much space to jump around in as you.

Spawn killing is also part of the metagame, especially in 1v1. Your next spawn can in most cases be predicted based on where your opponent(s) is at the moment when you spawn.

Most of this is ofc irrelevant if you're playing modes like Instagib or Clan Arena, those are more casual/simple to play.

Here's Halogene's guide for various features: http://xonotic.org/posts/2014/halogenes-...-tutorial/

Hi and welcome to Xonotic! Hope to see you online - if you are looking for organized matches (mostly vanilla), check out #xonotic.pickup on quakenet IRC.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Hi and welcome to xono,

Make sure to visit no.1 server [Lnmt] for some capture the flag action!

Cheers,

Kwakkie
[Image: 39855.png]

Welcome to one of the best arena shooters around! Hope you have a lot of fun with the game Wink

Hello.

Hello.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Hello! New NA player here Dynamx_FPS 0 1,308 09-25-2023, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Dynamx_FPS
  New Casual Player on the Block Corvo 6 2,720 02-25-2021, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Corvo
Smile Hi! New player here H1POGRYF 1 1,574 09-17-2020, 04:49 AM
Last Post: Halogene
Star New Player mrgrtt123 1 1,581 11-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: bones_was_here
  New Player (NA East) rembot 2 1,960 09-06-2018, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SPLAT
  New to xonotic, not new to Canada! Snollygoster 10 5,876 06-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  New-ish player, slightly newer-ish developer TimePath 9 7,901 12-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Last Post: aa
  New player (and maybe developer?) vizhu 2 3,821 12-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Maddin