Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LMNT server BACK UP ////

GUYS,

BAD news, I had to put LMNT server down because of DISCO. He has been bugging our server for ages, and today again so many people complained. I banned him like 1000 times, but he was using different IP's all the time and logging in with multiple clients voting to kick me, which he did.

Sorry guys......

I am fed up of him spoiling Xonotic with all his scripting. I put in money to host our server, which is most used.

If there are some smart guys how to solve this, let me know.

kwakkie
[Image: 39855.png]

Can't you just ban 87.* in game and at the server level? he's probably renewing his IP on his modem if he's changing it but looks like he's still using his ISP's ip all the time.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

end user,

In this example he is, but in other cases he changes IP's all over the place...(not only in 87 range, also in 82, 107, and many more...)

Kwakkie

Wonder is there is a way to block proxies https://perishablepress.com/how-to-block...-htaccess/
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

DOS attacks are illegal, you can report this to his ISP. Hopefully they put him down

I would send the DOS logs to your server provider, they probably have a better chance of getting thought to the ISP.

inetnum: 87.0.0.0 - 87.15.255.255
netname: TELECOM-ADSL-7
descr: Telecom Italia S.p.A. TIN EASY LITE

So that's a ADSL line which could be his or open wifi in his neighbour hood.

It's not a DOS attack.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Well don't leave a one line reply, might as well explain what is going on to those who don't.

Sure.

DOS attacks are Denial Of Service attacks. They consist of rapid sequences of requests to the attacked server in a frequency that the server can't answer them all in time. This leads to the server not being able to answer third party's requests, leaving the impression that it is down. DOS attacks are easy to detect, because all malicious requests come from the same IP, which is why people usually go for Distributed Denial Of Service attacks (DDOS) nowadays.

Here we only have a few connects to be able to win a vote. The server is totally able to handle that :o)

Couldn't you disallow mutliple connects from the same IP? Or would that hit too many innocent players?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

How many IP's is he using? Did you check the WHOIS on the IP's? If he's using proxies and VPS seems you can block that (never done it before but there's lots of into online about it) I would block all Italy for now and see if he comes back if not then he's just using one ISP or open wifi's

HEY folks,

Good news, really good news!

After the climax on our LMNT server with abuse-trollers, flooders and cheaters, I took down our server. After my talks to Mario on the subject, developers really put the issue prio 1. And Mario started coding straight away.

What did we get ?:
1. The hook shoot loos option with sound, and not shooting u'r own hook loos
2. Added the vcall_mute "player" option, making it possible to mute spammers. This can also be done with "vdo" if u have the masterpass. The player does not notice he is muted, which is perfect imo as this will exhaust the spammer, as there is no reaction from others. The "mute" can be unmuted with vcall unmute "player".
3. There is a nice alternative hook option, try it "cl_prohook 1 (0 to revert)
4. We have changed the "ban" behind the scene. If someone is banned, using a different IP to log in, will not work anymore.

(see also F8 for some other options, which are currently not active...)

HOPE THIS MAKES FRAGGING FUN AGAIN.

And please understand that "masters" of element, make sure we kick out people misusing/abusing or cheating.

Take care,

Kwakkie

Great to see the devs/community getting in to help on this. The whole mute/ban thing has always been a bit of a problem.
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 672 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,819 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,753 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,040 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,965 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,578 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,318 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic Server crashes TF2 server Professor 2 2,949 02-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Professor
  0.6.0 Server not shown in server browser -maniac|Su- 2 3,744 06-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
  MoFo is back! Mario 0 2,796 02-25-2015, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Mario