Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] OUXS

I really liked OUNS, and I believe that having a community-maintained wiki of that sort is a good idea. I propose using the dev.xonotic.org wiki as a sort of OUXS (though I guess it will become OXS).

However, things like player pages shouldn't be in the wiki, there should be a separate website for things like clan and player pages (if at all).

Is using the dev.xonotic.org wiki as a OUXS a good idea?
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Hoo.

OUNS filled a niche. It developed as a filesharing place for the Nexuiz community, for undocumented features, experience exchange, then added clan and player pages. It was the Official _Unofficial_ Nexuiz Site and will remain that for as long as Nexuiz will exist.

Xonotic doesn't need that. Xonotic IS the community, so a "OUXS" (or "OXS", like You already figured) wouldn't fill a niche anymore. That means.... wow, this is awkward! O_O

OUNS was/is all sorts of things, so it depends on what You mean, when You say You want to use the dev pages for "it". The development documentation part would be a good idea, IMO. Wink
4m038105 - Be the change.

About OUNS, I really can't maintain it anymore... I just have no time for this.

There have been hundreds of changes since I last checked, so I cant guarantee they're all good changes either.

I really need someone to take over, or else it will have to be taken down as I'm the only person who's been maintaining it actively since it moved to nexuizninjaz.

You don't have to take it down, you can just make it readonly.
I don't think we need ouns anymore (we should move stuff to the dev wiki).
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

I'll still have to maintain the software, that's kind of tedious as well :x

Why would you need to maintain the software if nobody is using it?

Updating, bugs, security fixes and the like.

Merging OUNS with this site would be cool, but that's up to Team Xonotic.

But the U would not make sense anymore Tongue

And the problem of maintenance is still there. Please make that a priority.

What i mean with merging is spreading it across the site. i mean, there should be a wiki here, anyway. Documentation, then the clan and player pages.... i would really like an easy filesharing for menu skins, maps or models.... on the other hand....

ah well, everything has up- and downsides.

(07-05-2010, 07:55 AM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: Documentation, then the clan and player pages.... i would really like an easy filesharing for menu skins, maps or models.... on the other hand....
Docs on the dev wiki, clan/playerpages on a seperate thing (xonoticclans.com?), easy filesharing omploader.org.

And who maintains it? I really don't want to shut down OUNS...

Well, why keep it when all the content is elsewhere? I can see it being an issue when content is being moved, but when everything is moved to the new site there's no reason to keep it around anymore, is there?

If I have time this weekend, I'll setup wiki.xonotic.org with dokuwiki (same as ouns), and we can get started on a user oriented wiki

Why separate the two wikis? OUNS is mostly documentation, and having player pages on a wiki is strange.

Uh, OUNS is a wiki... And OUNS is going to shut down soon. There will be a development wiki at dev.xonotic.org and a game/community wiki at wiki.xonotic.org... Very much like OUNS was a game/community wiki;

What do you mean by a "game/community" wiki?

A wiki about maps, gameplay, clans, players and such things. Just have a look at OUNS.

I have had a look at OUNS. Maps and gameplay should be on the dev wiki, I think. Clans and players should be on something like nexuizclans.com was. Having two wikis is redundant, it should be avoided.

The dev wiki is only for official matters... Community topics and unofficial parallel projects (bis) (examples linked) have to go somewhere, and a nexuizclans-like site just isn't the right place for this.

It's been said since day 1 that THERE WILL BE A PUBLIC WIKI.... not an unofficial one, but an official one.

No OUXS needed.

Okay, I wasn't there at day 1 I guess :x

And maybe next to that we can have a better clan page thingy.