Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] minsta CTF

Hi,

I play a lot of minsta CTF. And you always have people aiming at there flag so they can shoot you easily and return the flag.
This is quite annoying, mostly because they get points for killing a flag carrier and returning the flag, while the difficulty of that is very low.
Thats why I propose to calculate the points a players gets when shooting a flag carrier in function of the time.
So when shoots a flag carrier the moment he takes the flag, he doesn't get points at all.
However, if the flag carrier is tricky to shoot and he menages to survive for some time you get a lot of points, because of the difficulty.

Maybe another suggestion is to calculate witch team has won not based on caps but on the compete score of the team. Capturing the enemy flag should give players a lot of points so the game is still centered around CTF. But I'm not sure if thats a good idea.

What if the player just came into the base to see someone taking the flag, aimed, and hit him right when he took it? That should be commended. There's no good way to solve these things, so I would just say find a way to kill the camper (come in groups, one to shoot camper, one to take flag?). Ultimately, I believe all or most camping problems can be solved with strategic teamwork.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

I often see more experienced players killing the FC, but leaving their flag out in the open as a trap. I don't do that myself, but it seems like an effective way of accumulating points if you're vsing less experienced players.

Admittedly, I do often camp on maps like dance where visibility is low (ie, you can't see the defender until you turn the corner) which is also a very very effective way of reducing enemy caps and increasing your own score.

I think that usually it's an issue with the design of the map if you're constantly seeing people camping around their flag, which can be fixed by designers if they make bases less concealed, or, as Roanoke said, good teamwork.

Note: In the new version of dance, this issue is resolved by the wider ledge coming in behind the base, which allows the enemy to attack from both sides with ease. Before, pushing people off that ledge was like shooting fish in a barrel Smile
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

What's good about dance in that aspect is that there are several methods to attack - you can go over the wall if you need to, or send a few mortars then jump over, or take an unexpected route. But yes, the ledge helps anti-camping.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

Man I don't really worry about campers like that anymore. Use your hook to pick up speed before getting flag so you move to fast for them to reacte

Because every server has hook Wink

whithout hook it wouldn't be that funny! Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(07-03-2010, 11:27 AM)Renat Wrote: Man I don't really worry about campers like that anymore. Use your hook to pick up speed before getting flag so you move to fast for them to reacte

Heh, that wouldn't work whit me :p
Like mentioned by Roanoke and clanclanclan the best way to handle the problem would be by making the map so that it will be hard to camp, and have a lot of methods to attack.
Sadly there aren't many CTF maps that are good for minsta play.
Roanoke also mentioned strategic team work, but thats hard to do on public servers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] vote for this minsta changes XV22 19 22,159 05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Beefeater
  [SUGGESTION] minsta thread zypresse 6 7,526 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Last Post: XV22
  [SUGGESTION] minsta server XV22 4 5,264 05-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Sepelio