Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Startup image

but then we'll need to do this larger image.
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Yes.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

very long and precise post Big Grin

maybe I could do one!
but the we'll move to a new thread for that Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

could anyone commit them to git?
FruitieX?
MY NOOB STATS:

I like #3 the best, #2 is a bit too big IMO. The others are out of question as far as I'm concerned, without the dark background the logo blends in with the background too much, and I dislike the zoom blur on the last ones too.

However, I would like you to move the logo with the entire dark box background up from the middle a bit, and under it add another, smaller dark box background with the text: "Loading..." (preferably with a similar font as the logo has, but no idea how to accomplish that, it was iirc drawn by hand)

And you do know that the image dimensions have to be a power of two? So for instance instead of your current 1600x1200 you have to make it 1024x1024. The sides could just be filled with black, so make sure there's only black pixels on the sides.

ps. PM me again when you're done, only way to make sure I see that Wink

ps. Learn GIMP, it's much more open source friendly than photoshop Wink
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(11-18-2010, 08:45 AM)FruitieX Wrote: I like #3 the best, #2 is a bit too big IMO. The others are out of question as far as I'm concerned, without the dark background the logo blends in with the background too much, and I dislike the zoom blur on the last ones too.

However, I would like you to move the logo with the entire dark box background up from the middle a bit, and under it add another, smaller dark box background with the text: "Loading..." (preferably with a similar font as the logo has, but no idea how to accomplish that, it was iirc drawn by hand)

And you do know that the image dimensions have to be a power of two? So for instance instead of your current 1600x1200 you have to make it 1024x1024. The sides could just be filled with black, so make sure there's only black pixels on the sides.

ps. PM me again when you're done, only way to make sure I see that Wink

ps. Learn GIMP, it's much more open source friendly than photoshop Wink

will look after it again!
@f1rst it should be alpha gradients...
...and really 1024x1024 or 1024x768?
Prototype:

what about that?
"loading" seems a bit misplaced
MY NOOB STATS:

Yup really 1024x1024. I liked it more with the black box background that e.g. pic 3 had. And yes that loading looks really out of place with that color. Nice color on the background though...

I like #5 and #1, the electric white is much cooler than the orange I think, and the loading would look better if it were darker. Either way, this is WAY awesomer than the ones we have now.

Personally, I find darker loading images better, as:
-they don't shine in my face if the room is dark
-it's more "relaxed" : reminds me to the "silence before the storm" feeling.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

What about that?
[this is only a part]

MY NOOB STATS:

*buntu Tongue
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

just use the dark background already, grr Big Grin

MY NOOB STATS:

Could I get some feedback?
MY NOOB STATS:

Looks very good! I prefer the first one, the white blur makes it seem.....blurry.... Please PLEASE render the final image at at least 2560x1600! Big Grin

(11-18-2010, 03:20 PM)FruitieX Wrote: 1024x1024.

(11-28-2010, 08:37 AM)master[mind] Wrote: 2560x1600!
MY NOOB STATS:

good. now animate it Smile
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

animate wtf??? xD
MY NOOB STATS:

Yeah, not sure why were sticking with such low resolutions...it's the first thing people see when they start up the game, it should be a nice perfect clear image, not a blurry mess... Sad That's something that's annoying me right now. Tongue

me2! but I think I'll make two ones a 1024x1024 version and a bigger one (size?)
the current ones are 1600x1200!
MY NOOB STATS:

I love all three from post #88, and my favourite is number two (the middle one).

Very nice, Rainerzufalldererste.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

It's nice to hear that Wink thank you!
MY NOOB STATS:

i like the first one best, still i'm unsure about that font/text color on the Loading text.

I like the third one--but I seem to be alone in that opinion--not sure if I like the 'splattered' look personally.
Keep up the good work anyways √

I like # 2

Good job.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic custom icon for profile users - editing image tutorial LegendGuard 4 2,618 12-14-2020, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Julius
Photo New Nex hit decay image [help from Devs wanted here!] unfa 7 8,860 06-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Last Post: unfa