Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Nexball map pack] bumper pool variations

Brick 
A little map pack at: http://rapidshare.com/files/404788667/bu...k.pk3.html

about the bumper pool variations:

This is a collection I've created and assembled of three levels for the Nexball game type. They use soccer (association football) style play. The maps included in the "bumper pool map pack" are "Modern Bumper Pool," "Classic Bumper Pool," and "4-Team Bumper Pool." The levels should be good to go (although, admittedly, I never was able to field four non-bot teams on the 4-Team map.)

All three maps feature (re-)active bumpers. There are also some invisible map quirks that (hopefully) will keep the ball from getting stuck. Otherwise, you can crouch down and push a ball free or wait for it to reset. You don't need to worry about knocking nexballs off of the table, because there is an out of bounds starting at the "wooden" areas.

These maps primarily draw from the textures included with the standard 2.5.2 Nexuiz distribution. However, the "4-Team Bumper Pool" map uses a few newly created pink and yellow team textures (located in the "evil8_base_additions" folder) that I made with the kind permission of Yves Allaire.

All three maps and the handful of new textures are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Thank you to [+]Liquid-Sin and to Trevor for patiently teaching me Nexball strategy, and also to Juliana Stein for a last-minute texture check.

--accident (200)

Level selection shots follow:
[Image: m8ry4429n28pzbcf15_thumb.jpg] [Image: hka7xfbuu4hzlnox2e9_thumb.jpg] [Image: 4uq2k6y98879iw4ifsbl_thumb.jpg]

Wow, awesome! Looking forward to trying this on a server somewhere.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

(07-04-2010, 01:50 PM)accident Wrote: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
:<

GPL ftw in a GPL project!

Looking forward to play on a server too.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Yeah, you should relicense it as it is basically useless (can't be included, etc.)
Here's a link to the file on a non-terrible host, for those who don't want to wait 30 seconds for throttled downloads:
http://omploader.org/vNHUzYg
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

The Creative Commons license carried by the bumper pool map pack allows people to pass it around and play its levels at home or on public or private servers. At a time when Nexball appears to be fading from the public on-line scene, this is all I would dare to hope for on behalf of these simple maps . :'-(

In the event that Team Xonotic ever sincerely desires to include my "bumper pool variations" as part of their "official" distribution, then I will be happy to discuss whether another license might be more appropriate at that time. Of course, I'll probably have to put the bumper pool tables in space or something. ;-)

Respectfully,
Accident (200)

(07-05-2010, 04:30 PM)accident Wrote: The Creative Commons license carried by the bumper pool map pack allows people to pass it around and play its levels at home or on public or private servers. At a time when Nexball appears to be fading from the public on-line scene, this is all I would dare to hope for on behalf of these simple maps . :'-(
The GPL also allows this, and it's a lot more convenient than CC for a GPL project.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

Quote:Yeah, you should relicense it as it is basically useless
Roanoke, this simply isn't true, will you please stop bashing people with the GPL. This is the second thread where I've seen you doing this. You are way too aggressive in your attitude.
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

I apologize, I worded it incorrectly. What I meant to say was "It cannot be included in the default release of the game." It can, of course, be hosted on servers and the like. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone.

Promoting the GPL shouldn't be a crime when everyone else released their maps, artwork, and coding as GPL.
The CC licensed used, especially it's non-commercial clause, falls short of the GPL.

(07-13-2010, 06:13 PM)simplus Wrote: Promoting the GPL shouldn't be a crime when everyone else released their maps, artwork, and coding as GPL.
The CC licensed used, especially it's non-commercial clause, falls short of the GPL.

As to your complaint that "promoting" the GPL shouldn't be a crime... Well, I am a first-time mapper who has watched three people pop into my map-release thread to "promote" the GPL by telling me that my choice of license "falls short" and is "totally useless," without ever bothering to consider that I just might have had a valid reason to pick the license I did. That may not be criminal behavior, but it really is kind of obnoxious.

Moreover, it is simply not true that everyone else has released his (or her) maps and artwork under the GPL. Maybe that is what Team Xonotic plans to do going forward, but even a cursory examination of the license files included with the older maps and artwork that float around the servers and map archives indicates that a variety of permissive licenses have been used.

Well, anyway, based upon your extremely succinct post, you apparently care more about "promoting" your personal licensing agenda than telling me anything helpful about my maps themselves. That's fine by me. While I care about finishing my next map, I no longer care about your license.

--Accident (200)

"While I care about finishing my next map, I no longer care about your license."
No longer?

(07-19-2010, 04:12 AM)simplus Wrote: "While I care about finishing my next map, I no longer care about your license."
No longer?

http://www.wordwebonline.com/en/NOLONGER

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [RELEASE] Quake 1 Dm1-Dm7 map pack Kriss7475 4 4,978 04-25-2022, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Phobos Period
  Terencehill's waypoint pack terencehill 9 10,769 03-15-2020, 07:28 AM
Last Post: terencehill
  [DM]8-bit Arena DM NEXBALL CTF CuBe0wL 18 16,509 01-28-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Colton
  [Nexball] Crossing Nexball Debugger 3 4,672 03-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Debugger
  [Nexball] Gears'n'Balls freefang 0 2,769 02-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Last Post: freefang
  [Nexball] Bloodball Maddin 10 19,769 12-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Maddin
  Nexball maps HELP needed [Update March 7th] Cortez666 5 10,490 03-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Cortez666